PDA

View Full Version : No more overpopulated easy mode.(gear stats)

pure_energist
10-18-2018, 04:24 PM
I understand the argument of losing invested steel much I assume was probably paid for with real dollars so let me say I sympathize first to those who have lost monetary investments. That is where my sympathy stops. Gear stats ruined the experience because they made changing to a new character or a new player need a long grinding hill to climb just to be on a level playing field as their opponents. Having a stat advantage because you put hours into a game isnt right; having a skill advantage should be the only thing that sperates you and a new player or new character switch. Dominion always had the most players and the best ping matchups because psychologically many players love having a peformance enhancer and therefore they picked the game mode that didnt ban stats. What this meant is we all had to play this mode or wait long periods for other modes that often had poorer connections and hurt gameplay. This game was sold on the promise of a fighting system that took thought and skill but with stats it turned into a spam gank and revenge way of fighting. With stats gone there is still ganking however with everyone unanle to throw out heavies constantly like before without going oos now the gank is weakened; especially if getting parries in on the gankeds makes them go oos with no stat quick regen. Many people complained about stats many felt it made the matchmaking unfair, many felt it made this game a causal easy mode to feed childish egos. Now tht players are forced into a level olaying field it will make this game better because however good you are in one mode is how good you will be in all modes and that means more expermimenting with other gameplay possibilities. Perks offer some advantages but nothing compares to the max stam regen or revenge builds did. It may slow down the game it may bring back some turyle tactics but it will also bring back some competitive enjoyment.

Blindjackel03
10-18-2018, 04:30 PM
👍🏼well said... 👏

DefiledDragon
10-18-2018, 04:32 PM
What you say may be true, but personally speaking, I've never been less excited about getting gear in any game than I am in For Honor right now. There are about 3 perks that I consider useful out of all 40 or whatever it is. I much preferred the old system. Sure, you could build a revenge build or a stamina build, but you would be forced to make sacrifices in other areas. The perks are just perks. You either have them or you don't. It's a less nuanced and worthwhile system in my opinion and I really don't like it.

Velentix
10-18-2018, 04:39 PM
I agree with dragon. Imo the best way to avoid the crap with gear stats wpuld have been to just release a realistic dominion game mode (like inferno which I loved. Just minus the fire) permanently in the game. That way people who dont think their character was designed well can use stats to play not how theyd like, and someone starting a new char could just do realistic dom (assuming the rewards for which are the same as regular dom). Either way it couldve resolved the stat problem without screwing the games base with perks.

Specialkha
10-18-2018, 04:49 PM
I agree with dragon. Imo the best way to avoid the crap with gear stats wpuld have been to just release a realistic dominion game mode (like inferno which I loved. Just minus the fire) permanently in the game. That way people who dont think their character was designed well can use stats to play not how theyd like, and someone starting a new char could just do realistic dom (assuming the rewards for which are the same as regular dom). Either way it couldve resolved the stat problem without screwing the games base with perks.

It is already or it was, and it was called ranked dominion and it was not played at all.

With the perks system, Ubisoft will have an easier time to balance and I hope it will mean faster balance.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-18-2018, 04:57 PM
YAY to no gear stats!

pure_energist
10-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Infernal proved that people still will play a mode that goves them enhancements. I loved infernal but its popularity dropped. Basically we had to play dominion because the majority played dominion because the temptation to play on steriods was too great. Think about the possitivrs of griding now; you Dont have to grind for gear stats just to feel competitive. You can grind for mostly cosmetic reasons; which is great beczuse you dont need to feel like thwre is a mountain to climb anymore and you cAn switch around heroes with the confidence you arent getting outplayed by steriod addicts. Perks have some situational advantsges mistly so they are not going to overpower you at any level.

SpaceJim12
10-18-2018, 05:00 PM
Honestly, I think gear is a main reason, why almost noone play ranked version of Dominion.

One.Enemy
10-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Infernal proved that people still will play a mode that goves them enhancements. I loved infernal but its popularity dropped. Basically we had to play dominion because the majority played dominion because the temptation to play on steriods was too great. Think about the possitivrs of griding now; you Dont have to grind for gear stats just to feel competitive. You can grind for mostly cosmetic reasons; which is great beczuse you dont need to feel like thwre is a mountain to climb anymore and you cAn switch around heroes with the confidence you arent getting outplayed by steriod addicts. Perks have some situational advantsges mistly so they are not going to overpower you at any level.

And get very bored of the game quickly. What kept people in...what kept people playing was pride in their characters and gear. What do you have now? Nothing different than a brand new player. People will play less and spend less, and eventually all you newb enthusiasts can stand around and wonder where all the challenge is, let alone open games.

Oh look! There's a PK that's the same as that PK that's the same as that PK. yay............

Helnekromancer
10-18-2018, 05:17 PM
I'm having a hard time adjusting to this new system, Nobushi is ok to play, her feats blend well with the support perks. I do side objectives and anyone who dies I just run over and revive them to 75% and support with arrows but I also play Valk and she also has support perks, Valk isn't a support Hero and most her feats are geared towards killing people, it just feels bad to play her in 4v4.

I think if they are going to give a Hero the entire support tree and nothing else, at least give them Speed Revive as a feat to use.

ooweda2blu
10-18-2018, 05:45 PM
And get very bored of the game quickly. What kept people in...what kept people playing was pride in their characters and gear. What do you have now? Nothing different than a brand new player. People will play less and spend less, and eventually all you newb enthusiasts can stand around and wonder where all the challenge is, let alone open games.

Oh look! There's a PK that's the same as that PK that's the same as that PK. yay............
Update your gear is expensive as the old system, so it isn't a problem. Yesterday I have spent just an half hour because I need to gaining info on perks, but then I had my rep 49 conqueror ready with 3 active perks. I spent only few crates and some steel to change look. It's a good system, players must understand it right, and I agree with pure_energist.
I played the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, and bought the game on day one, so, before you're thinking bad, I'm not a newbie, I know what I'm talking as each other that played enough the game.

DefiledDragon
10-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Update your gear is expensive as the old system, so it isn't a problem. Yesterday I have spent just an half hour because I need to gaining info on perks, but then I had my rep 49 conqueror ready with 3 active perks. I spent only few crates and some steel to change look. It's a good system, players must understand it right, and I agree with pure_energist.
I played the Alpha, Closed Beta, Open Beta, and bought the game on day one, so, before you're thinking bad, I'm not a newbie, I know what I'm talking as each other that played enough the game.

I understand the new system fully but I couldn't give a toss about perks. I won't be spending any steel or salvage upgrading gear because 95% of the perk tree appeals to me about as much as a colonoscopy and the perks that do appeal to me are far too situational for me to give a crap. A 16% stamina cost reduction at renown level 4? Well woopdi doo, I'll be able to swing an extra half a heavy before I'm OOS. I'll be grinding for costmetics, sure, but any steel I accumulate through playing the game will be spent on executions and new characters and any salvage I accrue will be going on XP boosts for the aforementioned new characters. I won't be buying any steel packs, but then I never did anyway. I'll also likely find myself playing the game less now my ability to tinker with different builds has been removed.

Illyrian_King
10-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Lol the OP is pure nonsense.

Gear didn't matter at all, except that nasty revenge build. If a heavy dealt 30dmg or 33dmg (10%) was practically unimportant. No matter if a newby or a veteran ... this had no weight.

Perks now matter even less.

My motivation for gear is gone.
Cosmetics is not enough for me to grind.

UpperFuture
10-18-2018, 06:03 PM
So if all the pro perk ppl say it's so easy and simple now what are you going to spend steel on? The cost is still high with way less rewards. I spent all my awesome 5 crates and all perks we're the same garbage that doesn't help my hero at all. If your lucky enough to use a hero with a decent set up maybe your still competitive but where's the incentive to buy loads of steel packs?

The devs think more volume is going to equal more purchases but it's not the guys that don't buy it that keep the game making money. I would have happily kept playing this game until the servers shut down as long as there were new maps, heros and executions to keep it fresh. Now It's just simply not fun..

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Lol the OP is pure nonsense.

Gear didn't matter at all, except that nasty revenge build. If a heavy dealt 30dmg or 33dmg (10%) was practically unimportant. No matter if a newby or a veteran ... this had no weight.

Perks now matter even less.

My motivation for gear is gone.
Cosmetics is not enough for me to grind.

Until you lose a match because of said 10%. Numbers do matter. You cant just dismiss facts. And thats what that is.

So if all the pro perk ppl say it's so easy and simple now what are you going to spend steel on? The cost is still high with way less rewards. I spent all my awesome 5 crates and all perks we're the same garbage that doesn't help my hero at all. If your lucky enough to use a hero with a decent set up maybe your still competitive but where's the incentive to buy loads of steel packs?

The devs think more volume is going to equal more purchases but it's not the guys that don't buy it that keep the game making money. I would have happily kept playing this game until the servers shut down as long as there were new maps, heros and executions to keep it fresh. Now It's just simply not fun..

Theres a 1,000 things to spend steel in this game.

There is exactly what you asked for, new maps, heroes, executions and a game mode. But if after all that if your build make you stop playing then you shouldve stopped a long time ago. Trust me, you can still win without your special builds.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 06:43 PM
Couldn't disagree more. If that was the system from the very beginning ok, but it wasn't. On top of that, there was a lot of modes without gear stats, why didn't you play them?

Basically, players voted what they like by playing mode they like. It was Dominion with gear stats, so anyone who claims otherwise is just a Ubisoft henchman or delusional.

I guess for assasins or certain heroes like Raider or Kensei, it is still fun to play. But what about everyone else? Assasins still have revenge feat, some others have stamina feat but Heavies plus LB and few other heroes are in terrible spot. And on top of that they get worst selection of perks available.

So no, this change is not ok. It would make much more sense to play with existing gear stats. Maybe lower max attack stats, remove revenge and replace it by something else? It took 9ver a year for players like me to build characters according to my needs and everything is gone now. I am forced to play defensively and to turtle. Isn't that what devs were trying to get rid off?

UpperFuture
10-18-2018, 06:46 PM
Yes, new modes and heros =good. Changing the game after a year and a half for casual gamers isn't. Stamina management is a must if your a heavy or a hybrid.
If you have high rep heros and now they can swing twice and be oos. Then take forever to get stamina back again and your cool with it?
Is it op to want to sacrifice some defence to revive faster or up my debuffs? I just started this game again and it's not like us long time players don't know how to compete without gear! We paid money for something and it's been taken away. If you spent money to you would be just as pissed and if you don't then your not the demographic that keeps the game alive.

ooweda2blu
10-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Couldn't disagree more. If that was the system from the very beginning ok, but it wasn't. On top of that, there was a lot of modes without gear stats, why didn't you play them?

Basically, players voted what they like by playing mode they like. It was Dominion with gear stats, so anyone who claims otherwise is just a Ubisoft henchman or delusional.

I guess for assasins or certain heroes like Raider or Kensei, it is still fun to play. But what about everyone else? Assasins still have revenge feat, some others have stamina feat but Heavies plus LB and few other heroes are in terrible spot. And on top of that they get worst selection of perks available.

So no, this change is not ok. It would make much more sense to play with existing gear stats. Maybe lower max attack stats, remove revenge and replace it by something else? It took 9ver a year for players like me to build characters according to my needs and everything is gone now. I am forced to play defensively and to turtle. Isn't that what devs were trying to get rid off?

I always play duels also before the ranked ones. Duels and dominion were my favourite and now I added Breach. On duels you can have a lot of fun, but doing 6 games at duels is a bit different by doing the same in a 4vs4 game mode, just because in one you only have to kill the opponent, instead in a 4vs4 you have more things to think about and that lets you to have a dinamic fighting.
But at least I can't understand why you should be angry or sad about the new system. I really understand that you spent resources and time on certain heroes, probably to gain more rep levels and so unlock better equip. If it is as I said, then you should be happy that now you can fight at same stats level of others that play more than you. Now you don't have to spent a lot of time on an hero if you want to make it enjoyable for playing a 4vs4 game mode. Plus if you want to get some extras, then here to you the perks that can give you some little advantage on your favourite hero.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-18-2018, 07:27 PM

I played all the modes, but Domination was the most heavily populated. To say it was because of gear stas is delusional. As is delusional to say it had zero effect. However your point is unproven.

All you guys talk about is your "needs" and "your" stats. But think nothing of the overall heatlh of this game. Its been rejuvenated with people and them facing maxed gear on veterans is not what's going to keep them around.

Yes, new modes and heros =good. Changing the game after a year and a half for casual gamers isn't. Stamina management is a must if your a heavy or a hybrid.
If you have high rep heros and now they can swing twice and be oos. Then take forever to get stamina back again and your cool with it?
Is it op to want to sacrifice some defence to revive faster or up my debuffs? I just started this game again and it's not like us long time players don't know how to compete without gear! We paid money for something and it's been taken away. If you spent money to you would be just as pissed and if you don't then your not the demographic that keeps the game alive.

Im not a casual player and I welcome the changes. Dont assume what you dont know. Stamina mngt is a must, of course. Now learn to do it without the aide of a max build. If you say you can play without gear then do so. Because its gone.

Ive spent money, and Idc that gear is gone. I welcome it. And Ill still spend more money. Again, you guys sure do assume a lot. And you know what that makes you...

I always play duels also before the ranked ones. Duels and dominion were my favourite and now I added Breach. On duels you can have a lot of fun, but doing 6 games at duels is a bit different by doing the same in a 4vs4 game mode, just because in one you only have to kill the opponent, instead in a 4vs4 you have more things to think about and that lets you to have a dinamic fighting.
But at least I can't understand why you should be angry or sad about the new system. I really understand that you spent resources and time on certain heroes, probably to gain more rep levels and so unlock better equip. If it is as I said, then you should be happy that now you can fight at same stats level of others that play more than you. Now you don't have to spent a lot of time on an hero if you want to make it enjoyable for playing a 4vs4 game mode. Plus if you want to get some extras, then here to you the perks that can give you some little advantage on your favourite hero.

What they want is easy mode revenge.

UpperFuture
10-18-2018, 07:36 PM
God I'm sick of having to defend what my time and money are worth ...it doesnt matter if the game has guns in it or flying unicorns.
It not what we paid for with our time and money. The stats were fine the way they were with exception to Revege gain. Once your a rep 3 you could easily handle playing with the big boys. You can mess with the game and it's just a inconvenience. You mess with real money and ppl will get upset.
It's not like the player base is going to triple because of a dlc. Once the fad wears off who is going to keep buying the steel?

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 07:36 PM

Why should I be happy when everything I worked for during 4000 Dominion matches is gone? Why should I be happy that my heroe now goes oss after 2 swings? Are you kidding me?

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
I played all the modes, but Domination was the most heavily populated. To say it was because of gear stas is delusional. As is delusional to say it had zero effect. However your point is unproven.

All you guys talk about is your "needs" and "your" stats. But think nothing of the overall heatlh of this game. Its been rejuvenated with people and them facing maxed gear on veterans is not what's going to keep them around.

Im not a casual player and I welcome the changes. Dont assume what you dont know. Stamina mngt is a must, of course. Now learn to do it without the aide of a max build. If you say you can play without gear then do so. Because its gone.

Ive spent money, and Idc that gear is gone. I welcome it. And Ill still spend more money. Again, you guys sure do assume a lot. And you know what that makes you...

What they want is easy mode revenge.

You are being ridiculous. There was a lot of modes without gear stats including Dominion. Then why Dominion with gear stats was by far most popolar mode? Because playerbase voted on what they want by playing it. You can't go against that.

It is easy for you to speak because you didn't lose anything. You prefer to play without gear stats? Well you had plenty of modes to play. Players like me lost everything because building my hero to my needs is why I stayed with the game for so long. After more than a year, hundreds of hours and 4000 matches, I have nothing . I have to lear to play again but guys like you already had all these modes without gear stats and now you get another one?

And don't give me that crap about stamina management and revenge, please. Only ones who are going to benefit from this change are assasins and certain heroes with stamina or revenge feats. Gear stats helped to tailor your slow and heavy hero for more fair battle agains assasins such as Berserker or Shaman, who not only are faster with better stamina, but they have great damage stats plus easier to get revenge. Now, everything is biased towards assasins and gear stats removal was last nail in the coffin where heavy class will be buried.

UpperFuture
10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
This guy talking about assumptions saying how the game is now rejuvenated after 2 days when 8 out if 10 comments are negative.
The player base was already very small but 2 days in and it's all fixed because no gear stats!!
What are you a Dev trolling for giggles? Anyone who says no" please I don't want to be faster and stronger " is full of crap. Dominion with gear was the only mode that lasted. If it was so Terrible to play against geared up builds you would switch to candy crush or play against bots..( level 1's so you can win)
The real issue is if they want to change the fundamentals of the game the the guys that grind and pay should have got way way more then 5 crates..

pure_energist
10-18-2018, 08:07 PM
Lets put this another way. This is now For Honor 2. If you played any othet competitve game and puts time and money in it would you refuse the next version or would you follow the playerbase to it? Atleast this way all progress isnt wiped just gear builds. The dev decided on a vision of the game they felt would be more fair to all players and emphasize skill over enhacements that did allow playsyles advantage over those who hadnt grinded till rank 7.

Knight_Raime
10-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Ranked mode existed. People didn't play it much for various reasons. The change to rid the game of gear stats was a tough one. But ultimately it was for the better of the game. it makes things easier to balance for them. Perks can be added, removed, tweaked and changed if needed. This system allows for that subtle kind of changes. Now that heros in 4's and heros in 1's perform basically the same it will also be easier to tweak heros.

I find the situation similar to what Overwatch went through not too long ago. They made quickplay have a 1 hero limit just like their competitive modes. There was a big push against this. But ultimately it paid off in the end for most. As now the experiences were similar. making the devs job easier and made things easier for those who want to eventually climb into competitive.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-18-2018, 08:24 PM
You are being ridiculous. There was a lot of modes without gear stats including Dominion. Then why Dominion with gear stats was by far most popolar mode? Because playerbase voted on what they want by playing it. You can't go against that.

It is easy for you to speak because you didn't lose anything. You prefer to play without gear stats? Well you had plenty of modes to play. Players like me lost everything because building my hero to my needs is why I stayed with the game for so long. After more than a year, hundreds of hours and 4000 matches, I have nothing . I have to lear to play again but guys like you already had all these modes without gear stats and now you get another one?

And don't give me that crap about stamina management and revenge, please. Only ones who are going to benefit from this change are assasins and certain heroes with stamina or revenge feats. Gear stats helped to tailor your slow and heavy hero for more fair battle agains assasins such as Berserker or Shaman, who not only are faster with better stamina, but they have great damage stats plus easier to get revenge. Now, everything is biased towards assasins and gear stats removal was last nail in the coffin where heavy class will be buried.

Dominion was by far the most popular mode but it was not soely to gear stats, If you think that youre insane. Its logical, period. There were no incentives to play it. Who says I didnt lose anything? My builds are useless after day 1. Now I have readjusted them. Adapt and survive or get left behind, like you are. Difference is after all these hours and more than a year I like the change. Its how it shouldve been to begin with. I mean so learn again, what do you want sympathy? Lol, you aint getting it here. Learn to play again, period. Learn to manage your stamina without aide.

The examples are very valid because that's what you guys are complaining about.Gear stats helped tailor builds that took advantage of the games mechanics.

Bottom line is they are gone, and yes I am taking great pleasure, even for a second, that they are gone and you have to deal with that fact.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 08:41 PM
You take as much pleasure as you want but mark my words, game will have lowest ever population within 2 months from now.

Also, you are still ignoring the fact that there were much more modes for guys like you, modes without stats. You have 1v1, 2v2 and multiple 4v4 modes that barely anyone played. Why if so many people are against gear stats? You know very well why.

So now guys like you get one more mode to play (or not to play most likely ) while guys like me get nothing after so many hours of hard grind.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-18-2018, 08:54 PM
Ranked mode existed. People didn't play it much for various reasons. The change to rid the game of gear stats was a tough one. But ultimately it was for the better of the game. it makes things easier to balance for them. Perks can be added, removed, tweaked and changed if needed. This system allows for that subtle kind of changes. Now that heros in 4's and heros in 1's perform basically the same it will also be easier to tweak heros.

I find the situation similar to what Overwatch went through not too long ago. They made quickplay have a 1 hero limit just like their competitive modes. There was a big push against this. But ultimately it paid off in the end for most. As now the experiences were similar. making the devs job easier and made things easier for those who want to eventually climb into competitive.

And gear stats couldn't be added, tweaked or changed?

There is no excuse for removing gear stats completely. They could have decrease attack little bit and remove revenge stats but rest of the stats was useful in promoting fast paced, open fight instead of turtiling which is going to happen now.

And please, don't tell me how more balanced heroes will be now. Heavies and some heroes such as LB are paying a huge price for this change and real winners are assasins, Kensei, Raider and couple of others. We all know how long it takes devs to balance anything.

There was simply no need for removing stats that players spent hundreds of hours and houndreds of of thousands of steel to tailor your hero based on your needs. There was even less reason to do so when so kany modes without gear stats was already available to you guys. But no, you didn't want to play those modes but rather destroy ours. Well done.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-18-2018, 08:58 PM
You take as much pleasure as you want but mark my words, game will have lowest ever population within 2 months from now.

Also, you are still ignoring the fact that there were much more modes for guys like you, modes without stats. You have 1v1, 2v2 and multiple 4v4 modes that barely anyone played. Why if so many people are against gear stats? You know very well why.

So now guys like you get one more mode to play (or not to play most likely ) while guys like me get nothing after so many hours of hard grind.

Blah, blah, blah, this games been "dead" for months, havent you heard?

And Im not ignoring anything, duels and brawls were always filled and still are. Idk what platform youre on but on the X1 I never had a problem finding a match. Elimination not as much. But gear stats are available there, so your argument no longer holds water. That mode was the least populated. You ASSUME Domination was populated only cause of gear stats. Simply thinking about that statement should make you realize how wrong you are.

Lastly Im not here for you concerns, or to worry about your grind. Im here to worry about my situation, and mine is doing just fine. Youre not the only one that has put in time.

Have a nice day.

HazelrahFirefly
10-18-2018, 09:02 PM

First, I doubt that people played for stats. They played for the game and cosmetic reasons. The reddit threads are full of pictures, not stats.

Second, all the builds were the same before as well - one of two, pure attack or revenge.

DefiledDragon
10-18-2018, 09:23 PM
Lets put this another way. This is now For Honor 2. If you played any othet competitve game and puts time and money in it would you refuse the next version or would you follow the playerbase to it? Atleast this way all progress isnt wiped just gear builds. The dev decided on a vision of the game they felt would be more fair to all players and emphasize skill over enhacements that did allow playsyles advantage over those who hadnt grinded till rank 7.

Yeah, except it's not. See, I'm a huge Street Fighter fan. Been playing it since Street Fighter 1 and I own all versions of it on various formats. Now, I'm not massively keen on the changes between SFIV and SFV but guess what? I can still play SFIV. I can also play SFV if I choose. Can I go back and play For Honor 1? Nope. I'm stuck with the designers "new vision". Well, I don't like their new vision, or at least I don't like their vision of how gear should work, but I have no choice now, do I? So no, it's not like this is For Honor 2, it's a butchered version of the original game.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-18-2018, 09:29 PM
Honestly Gear Stats and Perks come across the same way to me. There's about 2 Viable builds and the rest gets ignored. The only notable difference I've seen is I have to hit a Berserker 3 times instead of 2 for them to get revenge. I've always played for cosmetics because skill will always beat stats unless the stat one shots. There were no one shot builds, so gear was fine to me. Feats however, did circumvent skill, so I was against them (I'm looking at you, Catapult.)

UpperFuture
10-18-2018, 09:45 PM
The funny part is that the casual noobs that like this crap will get flushed down the drain when the devs change the system again down the road. Now that ppl are starting to realize that the perks don't do a hell of a lot and you don't need to go past 600, the steel will dry up and more changes will come.
Even if the perk system is the best way to go there should have been more compromise to the noobs and the hardcore players.

Arekonator
10-18-2018, 09:49 PM
I just can't stand hypocrisy. They all act like we are noobs for wanting gear stats back and they are pros because they don't need gear stats but none of them played 4v4 modes without gear stats. Now suddenly they feel need to preach about what is better for the game after guys like us wasted hundreds of hours and who knows how much steel. If wasn't for the gear stats customization, I wouldn't even be playing this game. So more than 4000 dominion matches, pretty much my time wasted for nothing. Just so Ubisoft can attract little bit of short term players from China. They sold us out big time.
I would hate for my life to have so little meaning that i would seek validation in getting a number rise up by 0.5% in a videogame.

mann61299
10-18-2018, 11:28 PM

This is the problem...level 180 rep2 and default gear...basically the same. My 180 rep2 has one more perk, that I don't even want. Nothing to strive for and certainly no pride in my character anymore. Certainly lost my addiction, but maybe that's a good thing...I'll have a lot more time on my hands now.

chukblok
10-19-2018, 02:36 AM
I like the change overall. I think people are going to love it or hate it. For those that have been around a while and are not liking it...i hope you can find a way to get used to it and stick around. I spent money...lots....im scared to say. I mean i have every execution/emote/effect for lots of chars. So i get it. people are mad. but this game IS getting better I feel. And its growing...The update brought so many good things (except the new bright lighting. yikes). Im liking the new system. sorry!
give it some time to all those vets!

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 02:38 AM
The Koi Carp look awesome. Just putting that out there.

chukblok
10-19-2018, 02:45 AM
But im pretty sure i have terrible taste..,i mean i love the new bag head raider armour..apparently people hate it?
but in all honesty i spend all my steel on the cosmetic stuff so maybe i cant relate

SpaceJim12
10-19-2018, 09:05 AM

I'm sorry, but HOW for god's sake you compared disadvantage gear stats and variety of characters' looks?
"Nothing different than a brand new player" On my main Warden I have all execution except last one. New players have only two. On Warden I have three 15k steel outfits, 7 ornaments, 5-6 7k steel outfits and a lot of event's stuff and effects etc. I have black material and gold material for armor. On rep 60 of character you get unique effect. Tell me more about "Nothing different than a brand new player".
"People will play less and spend less" You still need 7k steel for execution, 15k steel on mythical armor, 7k steel for effects and 20k steel on masks. Spend less, yeah.

You guys, crying about gear stats should already admit, that you finally understand, that you are not good in this game without legal cheats.=)

ooweda2blu
10-19-2018, 12:32 PM
You guys, crying about gear stats should already admit, that you finally understand, that you are not good in this game without legal cheats.=)
I suggest to stop here with these useless offensive words against who don't like the system. As I've already written in this thread, I like the new system, but cause of that I don't make other trash just for a different opinion. These toxic words should be left out of the comment screen.

Sweaty_Sock
10-19-2018, 12:52 PM
HERE IS THE PROBLEM

to play dominion I was forced to use their gear stat system for YEARS. I didn't like it, they stood by it, i had to accept and adapt. Now they remove it all, my rep 60 wardens a punk with random perks and they say ''start again'. 12 months of grinding with PAID FOR status to get those build while.deleting THOUSANDS of items because of a 60 item cap so i cant even pull items for a new build..

If they wanted to change they needed to either do it early in the game or reimburse/offer trade in on old things.

SpaceJim12
10-19-2018, 01:08 PM
I suggest to stop here with these useless offensive words against who don't like the system. As I've already written in this thread, I like the new system, but cause of that I don't make other trash just for a different opinion. These toxic words should be left out of the comment screen.

So, when majority of players on this forum posted "git gud" toxic comments here and there, it was ok? And now I'm toxic? o_o

ooweda2blu
10-19-2018, 02:14 PM
So, when majority of players on this forum posted "git gud" toxic comments here and there, it was ok? And now I'm toxic? o_o
Now I'm writing, before last days not. Surely I will reminder that, don't worry. And also don't worry, I'm just reminding to all that toxic posts are useless ;)

wolfman25br
10-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Loved the changes no more revenge build...
great job UBI!

UbiInsulin
10-19-2018, 08:02 PM
Hey all, I understand there's strong feelings about this change for some of you. That's fine, but it does not justify flaming other people in this thread. I'm tracking everyone's feedback.

Thanks to everyone who has been focused on the topic at hand.