PDA

View Full Version : opinion on the new 4 heroes

Buggy.Blaster
10-18-2018, 12:45 PM
What heroes in everyones opinion are top tier and low tier in 1v1?(out of the 4 new ones only) - I feel like their all pretty strong. are they balanced? broken? or underpowered? just wondering what people are thinking as they have been playing them and facing them.

Devils-_-legacy
10-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Out of the 4 I would say Tandi and shoalin are the best nuxia seems a bit underpowered over then her lights and jiang Jun is too slow for me

iadvisoryi
10-18-2018, 01:42 PM
I'd say in a dual situation, I'd put Shaolin at the top, and tiandi and Jiang Jun in second, nuxia 3rd, I don't think she's weak, but I find her easier to deal with if you have a dash attack.

Tiandi is really good but relies a lot on his heavys so grabbing is his kryptonite,

Jiang Jun is so dang fast, his mix, dmg, stamina recovery, it never ends, he's super good, and

Shaolin I think is the best because of his lights and dmg on his super fast heavies, super far Dodge, really great character. I wouldn't say any of them are broken,

Jiang Jun is a lil on the stronger side but I think he's fine.

rasi777125
10-18-2018, 02:48 PM
Better than my Warlord!!!

Devils-_-legacy
10-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Better than my Warlord!!!

Well no duhh he hasn't been touched for season's he still hasn't had his rework yet either

Capoupacap
10-18-2018, 03:44 PM
I just tested the shaolin so far and I think their is some feature that doesn't work correctly:

- QI stance is committed to an attack. in case of hit, there is but one option I would like to be added: feint the kick. If you try to go to QI stance without an hit (backward attack), you're totally out of reach.

- The crushing counterstrike isn't a good feature on the QI stance because it can't rely on any feint. The only situation I managed to use it is against a long dodging enemy (kensei) after a miss light. But so far, I don't find it to be a really useful feature.

- I really love how the shaolin can make his staff turn on heavy feint. It's a good opening solution but it's basically the only opening solution I founded so far while in basic stance.

I really do think shaolin should have an option to go to QI stance on a heavy feint, it would bring his mix-up to another level.

iadvisoryi
10-18-2018, 03:56 PM
I just tested the shaolin so far and I think their is some feature that doesn't work correctly:

- QI stance is committed to an attack. in case of hit, there is but one option I would like to be added: feint the kick. If you try to go to QI stance without an hit (backward attack), you're totally out of reach.

- The crushing counterstrike isn't a good feature on the QI stance because it can't rely on any feint. The only situation I managed to use it is against a long dodging enemy (kensei) after a miss light. But so far, I don't find it to be a really useful feature.

- I really love how the shaolin can make his staff turn on heavy feint. It's a good opening solution but it's basically the only opening solution I founded so far while in basic stance.

I really do think shaolin should have an option to go to QI stance on a heavy feint, it would bring his mix-up to another level.

If your on ps4 console I can help you lab because a lot of the things you listed sound like misunderstandings and a lot of it is just false, if you like the character I could help you if you want.

Capoupacap
10-18-2018, 05:19 PM
If your on ps4 console I can help you lab because a lot of the things you listed sound like misunderstandings and a lot of it is just false, if you like the character I could help you if you want.

unfortunately i'am on XBOX/PC, but I'm quite sure I don't have the full hand on this character ;) Txs anyway dude

Gabeeee.
10-19-2018, 03:57 PM
Shaolin is strong enough and doesn't need any buffs

Roseguard_Cpt
10-19-2018, 04:12 PM
I feel the characters are fairly balanced, the only attack that give me trouble is;
Tiandi's Dodging, Undodgeable, 400ms, Superior Block, Counter Crush Light

DefiledDragon
10-19-2018, 06:04 PM
I feel the characters are fairly balanced, the only attack that give me trouble is;
Tiandi's Dodging, Undodgeable, 400ms, Superior Block, Counter Crush Light

That dodge attack with superior block is insane. It's an answer to everything that isn't an unblockable. You could win games by throwing literally nothing else.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-19-2018, 06:10 PM
It even answers unblockables, 400ms will stop most character's UBs except Shinobi's kick

UbiInsulin
10-19-2018, 07:02 PM
Thanks all for your feedback on the Wu Lin heroes. Will be monitoring this thread. :)

GrislyAccord
10-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Thanks all for your feedback on the Wu Lin heroes. Will be monitoring this thread. :)

How about a female version of Shaolin? (Also, is it just me, or does the Shaolin seem disproportionaly tall...?)

Knight_Raime
10-19-2018, 08:56 PM

~back lighting into qi stance is best used against an aggressive player. The kick is a 500ms bash from neutral that guarantees a 20 damage light. Qi stance itself can be feinted to block 300ms after feinting out and he can do everything else (dodge, attack, parry, GB/cgb) 500ms after feinting. And you go into qi stance in 200ms time. So no. his kick is fine.

~You can't feint crushing counter attempts on highlander or warden either. It's frames on side attacks are very forgiving.

~you can technically feint into qi stance. Do the top heavy unblockable but feint said unblockable and during the feint hold heavy.

bioblaze10656
10-19-2018, 10:55 PM
that jiang jun his wide arc attacks beat every single dodge and they are so fast i swear

bioblaze10656
10-19-2018, 11:15 PM
that jiang jun his wide arc attacks beat every single dodge and they are so fast i swear

Sweaty_Sock
10-20-2018, 03:00 AM
More spam/unblockables, outside of stupid bruce lee noises (please give an option to disable) they are nothing the game really needed and unique in no way

iadvisoryi
10-20-2018, 08:21 AM
Tiandi is fine, in that Dodge light he has a gap that you can grab him in. As well as that light doing no dmg, and his heavys being Uber slow making him not a faint character. And he has no unblockable damaging attack. He's fine. All wulin hero's are strong, but they are all balanced, the most hero's have ever been. So keep them the same please.