PDA

View Full Version : what do you think the next setting should be???

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
i am sorry if there was already a poll on this, i did not see one. this poll may be seen by a person working on AC three, so make your voices heard!!!! where and when should the next AC be? these are ones i have heard thrown around, in no particular order. keep in mind that this is a trilogy- this is the last major one that will be made by ubisoft.

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 07:34 PM
i am sorry if there was already a poll on this, i did not see one. this poll may be seen by a person working on AC three, so make your voices heard!!!! where and when should the next AC be? these are ones i have heard thrown around, in no particular order. keep in mind that this is a trilogy- this is the last major one that will be made by ubisoft.

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 07:36 PM
i meant to click japan.

iKoako
02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Lol Japanese assassin. I don't know how to imagine that. Lol, but I would like to fight in Japan.

palyftw
02-18-2010, 07:55 PM
i click on japan but don't count LOL, and say i already voted i think this something wrong with this poll

willwork4pizza
02-18-2010, 08:16 PM
oops it looks like it said germany but it actually said japan

ILLusioNaire
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
To me, the French Revolution would seem like the next step. That period is so rich and it is a great time period to carry on the AC style. You'll still be able to use swords an what not, but you'd also be able to wield a pistol. And fighting guards could be more challenging because they would have muskets. And the best part about that is they're one shot guns. It takes quite a while to reload those guns, so it really wouldn't be overkill to have them in the game. Also, just think of the style of the new assassin's clothes! He'd look dope!

nitres15
02-19-2010, 12:37 PM
i want altair

caswallawn_2k7
02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
London late 1800's.

Black_Widow9
02-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1)

Climbmaster1
02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Seriously?! WWII?! Haven't people had enough of WWII games already? Sheesh. Gimme a break. NO WWII!

AMuppetMatt
02-19-2010, 02:02 PM
I approve of Climbmaster's post!!!!
If we're gonna have WWII, let it be like 1 memory block.

If there was an (urinate over all options that involve WWII) smiley, I would use it!
Damn! There isn't http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

willwork4pizza
02-19-2010, 06:06 PM
i have been looking over these choices, and all of them seem like they could be great settings. in the WWII settings, assassins killing early abstrego founders, looking for the apple in germany, england, france or the U.S.A. in japan, ninjas assassinating templars who arrived in japan through the brief period when catholics were allowed. the french revolution could be stopping the templars from taking over politicly unstable france, the most powerful country on earth at the time, while dodging executioners during the reign of terror.

fiveletters
05-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I think either in Russia during the October Revolution, in France during the French Revolution (and also because the Templars' HQ was in France), in ancient Rome (maybe assassination of Ceasar), in Nazi Germany, or in 2012 wherever Desmond is, since at the end of AC II we see Desmond get the hidden blade... kinda a cliffhanger for AC III to be in his time.

JohnConnor2012
05-06-2010, 04:43 PM
I agree and argued this on the main AC3 thread. The struggle of underground groups like the People's Will against Tsarist autocracy is actually quite inspiring + the fun of mixing in Okhrana spies, the Holy Brotherhood (sic) and successor Black Hundreds, whacky religious / conspiracy stuff around Rasputin and Orthodoxy.

OK, the assasination tools were modern, but basic: revolvers, knives, crude home-cooked nitro grenades (fun for a potentially deadly mini-game building them). Anything beyond the Renaissance will involve at least black powder firearms, so none of this is an objection in itself. 'Spectaculars' like trying to blow up the Tsar's train or apartments in the Winter Palace might be harder to similate (months of 'fun' tunnelling and fund-raising, anybody?) but the pre-Desmond just might not be involved in that.

Or it could be stretched to the 1910-20s, a more appropriate timeframe for the fall of the Romanovs, Rasputin and the Tunguska incident, the Cheka replacing the Okhrana, and technology like primitive aircraft and free-running along the top of armoured trains, etc.

I put this because you asked 'should'. More likely on the +300 years between installments basis is the French Revolution, despite assassination historically playing a pretty small role in it.