PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out the new gear...

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 12:43 AM
Okay so each piece of gear has two abilities now. Got that.

But each piece of gear can have the SAME abilities....Do I make those abilities more powerful by using gear that all has the same ones? Or is it capped at one and therefore wasted and I should spread the abilities out so I get more?

Also some of my gear has two grey triangles on the item level box. What is that?

RealJayDee1984
10-17-2018, 12:47 AM
Trying to figure out the new gear...
https://confusingmiddle.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/chinatown-last-line.gif

Seriously though, some people will be able to explain it.

Cyroy95
10-17-2018, 12:51 AM
Stack gear until a perk reaches 600 points. If it has 600 points it becomes active. You can combine 2-3 perks in your load out depending on what perk it is.

CandleInTheDark
10-17-2018, 12:52 AM
You need 600 points in a perk in order to unlock it, you get no bonuses for having more than 600 points.

In terms of combinations, at teal gear, you can get either

Three of the four grey and blue perks
Or
Two of those and one of the purple to teal perks
Or
Two of the purple to teal perks.

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 01:05 AM
Okay thanks. So what's with the two grey triangles on the gear level of some of my gear?

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 01:12 AM
Man, my Warden is super stack with shields up....somehow all his gear has it and he's at like 1600...

Cyroy95
10-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Everything over 600 is wasted. As for the triangles imma need a screenshots.

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Okay, seriously though. What's with the two grey triangles on some of my gear? Is that good or bad?

NHLGoldenKnight
10-17-2018, 02:04 AM
Am I crazy or perks are unbalanced? For instance, Valk only can be equipped with assist perks?

GrislyAccord
10-17-2018, 02:09 AM
You need 600 points in a perk in order to unlock it, you get no bonuses for having more than 600 points.

In terms of combinations, at teal gear, you can get either

Three of the four grey and blue perks
Or
Two of those and one of the purple to teal perks
Or
Two of the purple to teal perks.

Cheesus H. Crapsicle. Are you serious? I DO need a Cap'n Crunch decoder ring to figure this crap out?!?!?!?

Maybe it's time for me to find a new favorite game...

Helnekromancer
10-17-2018, 02:23 AM
Am I crazy or perks are unbalanced? For instance, Valk only can be equipped with assist perks?

There are 21 perks in total, each Hero can only use 7. Instead of Ubisoft letting us choose which 7 out of the 21 we want to actually create builds, they hand us 7 perks and that's it. All you have to do is look to see what 2 or 3 are the best and ignore the rest, ultimately making 1 build for each hero.

Some heroes have a combinations of perks from different trees like Lawbringer and Kensei and some Heroes have perks soley from 1 tree like Valkyrie and Nobushi. Those Heroes who have perks only from 1 tree are at a major disadvantage. The assist tree is nothing but revive, and movement speed buffs, 2 stats that will not help you in a fight. Literally just forced them into the Support role.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-17-2018, 03:05 AM
It escapes my mind how they distributed perks only from one skill tree to certain heroes such as Valk. Shouldn't every hero have couple of perks from each of skill trees (attack, defense,assist) in order for game to be better balanced?

CandleInTheDark
10-17-2018, 03:31 AM
It escapes my mind how they distributed perks only from one skill tree to certain heroes such as Valk. Shouldn't every hero have couple of perks from each of skill trees (attack, defense,assist) in order for game to be better balanced?

Not really, no. I mean if all you do is deathmatch sure that places you at a disadvantage in that respect, but when you're playing objective based games then the role becomes more important.

I knew as soon as I saw the perks what I wanted my Valkyrie to be and will go the same with Nobushi and Tiandi when they are repped up, movement speed increase from feline agility and the speed on respawn perk and the perk that gives 75% health when reviving an ally, essentially I have her built to be a quick healer which will be an important role in breach as the attackers and in tribute. Because of the way it is set up, I know that with certain characters I can quickly move to where support is needed most and when needed can give allies more chance of staying alive and both those are more important than kills. Similarly, my highlander it's built to be difficult to take out of zones with shields up, aegis and bulwark which is going to be nasty in dominion and breach, in either case, different types of perks would dilute what they are built for and if I need a character that can pick from a few I have some in the other perk pools. That's maybe rough on those who play only one character but in objective based games it is always best to do a little of everything unless you run in a dedicated group and I've always run one of each class with that in mind.

I have a character in each perk pool at teal gear and something in mind for all of them depending on the composition of the group I run with or what the randoms I meet in a pug game are selecting because my preference has always been objective games over deathmatch.

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 03:44 AM
For the third time, can somebody tell me what the grey diamonds on my item level boxes are?

Dry.Fish
10-17-2018, 03:45 AM
But what if we don't want to play a support role as Valkyrie.

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 05:16 AM
Why are ya talking about Valkyries when the OP is trying to get a question answered? Lol

NHLGoldenKnight
10-17-2018, 06:02 AM
But what if we don't want to play a support role as Valkyrie.
That is my issue. Now I am being forced to play support role with Valk or to turtle with LB. They took away option for player to be aggressive. Ok, I could be with LB but now I am at huge disadvantage compared to previous system. On the other hand, heroes like Raider or Kensei didn't lose much since they still have stamina management feats/perks.

Helnekromancer
10-17-2018, 06:17 AM
The grey diamonds are refines.The most you can get is 4 refines, 2 refines for the top perk and 2 for the bottom. Now the max level is 180 with 4 diamonds up top because each piece of the person's equipment has been refined 4 times thats 24 refines in total.

Hormly
10-17-2018, 06:57 AM

Unbalanced??? In For Honor?? Bite your tongue, silly person!

Kylethetrue
10-17-2018, 01:25 PM
The grey diamonds are refines.The most you can get is 4 refines, 2 refines for the top perk and 2 for the bottom. Now the max level is 180 with 4 diamonds up top because each piece of the person's equipment has been refined 4 times thats 24 refines in total.

So the diamonds show how many times I can refine it? As in level up the trait things?

Charmzzz
10-17-2018, 01:32 PM
So the diamonds show how many times I can refine it? As in level up the trait things?

No, it is even MORE complicated. Those "thingys" around the perk symbols show how many points you can get for those perks. The 2 / 4 diamonds are just a little "extra thingy" on top.

The system is confusing to the max....

rasi777125
10-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Wow Bull ....

OoKaMi_79
10-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Ubisoft should try to reduce the backlash against new perk system by making the change of appearance iron free....it should cost only materials.

This because we already spent a lot of iron in our equipments....doing it again doesn’t look fair

DefiledDragon
10-17-2018, 05:43 PM
They should make ALL equipment appearance changes absolutely free for whatever gear was in somebody's inventory when the changes were rolled out. That is the only fair way. Anything other than that is punitive. People have already spent significant amounts of steel and salvage getting their loadouts how they want them and they should NOT be forced to spend any more steel or salvage for gear that they already own.

This whole thing with the gear changes really does smell of an attempt to sell steel packs to me. Colour me disappointed.

Knight_Raime
10-17-2018, 05:49 PM
Abilities do not get better when you stack them or upgrade them. (example gale storm is always 20%?) The point of upgrading gear and stacking gear with the same perks is to get enough points to activate the perk(s). Higher rarity of gear generally means more points in a perk. I personally don't find the new system hard to understand. And I didn't even look into the perk system until today.

The only thing I think they dropped the ball on with perks is converting the armor we already had. I know a lot of people are bummed that they can't immediately run 2-3 active perks. Or that if they only have one perk active they're going to be at a major disadvantage. But that's the difference between this system and the gear stats system. In this one the impact of each individual perk is minimal. And at best (if you double refined gear for heros like tiandi/valk) you might have a solid support build. But it's not going to guarantee you wins. The breach game I played last night proved this to me.

We had two centurions (I was one of them) and two shaolin. None of us talked to each other and we had mish mashed gear. Opposite team had 2 groups of 2 who were communicating and had coordinated perk setups. We still managed to win (though they did push into the keep) through purely playing smart. Anyway. I think the best way they could have handled conversion was allowing people (who were a certain rep or higher...say rep 7) to choose one perk to have active.