PDA

View Full Version : 1 Parry resulting in 100% stamina drain is so broken

Sylk01
10-17-2018, 12:37 AM
I researched best 1v1, 2v2 characters (Season 5 apparently) and it placed Conqueror at the top so I blew 8000 steel and unlocked the Conqueror. In play, however, there is a major flaw which pretty much results in a quick death unless you avoid using a charged heavy (or even a regular heavy).

Warden against Conqueror:

Conqueror charges a heavy attack. Oh look, its spinning behind him and glowing red/orange. This is broadcasting the attack as clear as 25lb balls on a humming bird. All Warden has to do is wait for the release and Parry it. BAM!!! 100% stamina drain on Conqueror. At this point Conqueror is slowed and crippled on offence/defense to the point where any character with a quarter of a brain can quickly kill with what ever attacks desired. For example, Conqueror gets up after parried and focuses on blocking while stamina regenerates. During this time, Warden simply does a couple over-head heavy swings. Health evaporates while blocking faster than stamina recovers. Dead Conqueror every time.

In another match against the Warden, to open, I rushed and bashed knocking the Warden on his back. I immediately followed with a heavy swing. The Warden (from his back) magically parried it and drained my stamina 100% again. I died 4s later while tying to block his heavies while stamina was sill recovering.

So what is happening here? Conqueror swings a heavy 1 time. Conqueror's stamina drains on Parry 100%. Now block, block, dead. A single Parry = Death while blocking a couple more attacks waiting for stamina to recover.

This turns the entire 1v1, 2v2 game into a parry hunt. 1st one to parry is the winner. This is completely frustrating and zero fun. With the broadcasting of the attack, its nearly impossible to land any heavy without being parried. In a melee, my Conqueror chained and landed 3 heavy attacks on the Warden (who was left standing with 5% health. I had 100% health still. I swing a heavy again expecting block damage to finish him. Nope. Parried. Now the Warden with 5% health destroys me as I have no stamina.

100% stamina drain on parry is completely unrealistic for a game that strives to be combat authentic with attacks, blocks, parries, dodges, etc. If anything, a parry should result in a slight delay (maybe a 2s recovery period with no offense/defense moves) before the player parried can continue fighting. I should know as I have 11 years solid melee weapon combat experience. NEVER has a simple parried attack left me exhausted and slowed/weakened/crippled in live combat like it is in For Honor while waiting for stamina to regenerate to full.

I'm sure this is not a unique problem with Warden against Conqueror. Its an issue with the parry draining stamina across the board. Might as well add Clerics, Mages, Bards and other magical classes if a parry will magically (unrealistically in any real melee combat situation) drain 100% stamina and imposes such a long recovery period with steep penalties.

ChampionRuby50g
10-17-2018, 12:48 AM
If your playing Conq, donít bother with heavy. Instead, SB - Light attack, repeat = profit.

Cyroy95
10-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Why are you even throwing that attack as a Conquerer? It's only useful in response to attacks (Conq gets block on heavy startup) or to feint into full guard for a 35dmg punish. Your bread and butter is the bash. Use it, spam it, feint it into full guard and get free attacks while doing so. You are playing him wrong, plain and simple.

ArchDukeInstinct
10-17-2018, 01:34 AM
Charged heavy is completely unviable. Don't bother with it. The only viable Conqueror offense is shield bash.

Hormly
10-17-2018, 01:40 AM
Conq finally has a bad match up?

Waaahhh

DefiledDragon
10-17-2018, 01:42 AM
Just do what everybody else does and light - sb - light - sb - light - sb until your controller breaks or you die of boredom. You'll win fights, I guarantee it.

Erhanninja
10-17-2018, 01:54 AM
Charged heavy has very conditional uses. For example if enemy is on the floor or if if you are ganking time it right to land. Or you can try to do superior block in heavies but very risky.

Instead mix it up. For example try to go full block from charged heavy or just go shield bash. Try different mix ups. Charged heavy from neutral is free parry.

ArchDukeInstinct
10-17-2018, 02:35 AM
Charged heavy has very conditional uses. For example if enemy is on the floor or if if you are ganking time it right to land. Or you can try to do superior block in heavies but very risky.

Instead mix it up. For example try to go full block from charged heavy or just go shield bash. Try different mix ups. Charged heavy from neutral is free parry.

If it wasn't for Conqueror's real OOS punish being bugged (you're supposed to be able to land two side heavies doing significantly more damage) then it wouldn't even have the first thing either, making it completely useless in duel.

The only mixup is charged heavy and feinting into shield uppercut (so basically you've spent 900ms risking a GB, a decent bit of stamina, and having any actual pressure to get 13 damage...).

Going into full block stance is easily countered because any move that will beat the charged heavy will beat the full block stance as you can walk backwards while doing a parry attempt to come short of hitting the full block. Since any follow ups from going into full block are heavily delayed, you won't get GB'd during a dodge recovery either.

The only reason to charge a heavy in duel is as an option select.

GrislyAccord
10-17-2018, 02:37 AM
Just had that happen to me too throughout the match I just finished and it was very frustrating. I've logged over four hundred hours of play time on this game over the course of the last year and I RARELY ran out of stamina before. Obviously I'd learned the limits of my favorites and how to manage my attacks.

This just isn't going to work for me.

Hate to say it, but I'm thinking it's time to move on. The perk system is just plain stupid (just make it cosmetic for chrissakes and call it cool. Each individual hero should be the same anyway. If two wardens walk into a room, the winner should be the one with the most skill, not the highest level or greatest gear.) and that match I just had was the first time I felt frustrated with it. Even angry.

Vrbas1
10-17-2018, 04:03 PM
Wait until Cent parries you. Doesn't matter what hero you are.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-17-2018, 04:10 PM
Hate to say it, but I'm thinking it's time to move on. The perk system is just plain stupid (just make it cosmetic for chrissakes and call it cool. Each individual hero should be the same anyway. If two wardens walk into a room, the winner should be the one with the most skill, not the highest level or greatest gear.) and that match I just had was the first time I felt frustrated with it. Even angry.

Youre describing the old gear system. Before 2 Warden can walk in a room and the one with revenge mode cranked up, or the one with stamina regen maxed in their gear stats could easily win the match over one who has normal level 1 gear on. Now everyone gets revenge the same, everyone runs out of stamina just the same. By your own actions, not by ones aided by gear.

Blitzwarrior771
10-17-2018, 04:36 PM
I bleed and canít stop bleeding 😂

NHLGoldenKnight
10-17-2018, 06:37 PM
Youre describing the old gear system. Before 2 Warden can walk in a room and the one with revenge mode cranked up, or the one with stamina regen maxed in their gear stats could easily win the match over one who has normal level 1 gear on. Now everyone gets revenge the same, everyone runs out of stamina just the same. By your own actions, not by ones aided by gear.

That is simply not correct. Certain heroes have revenge or stamina feats which gives them advantage in fight.