PDA

View Full Version : I am confused

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 10:49 PM
so i have a question, i bought the game around july. Gold edition with season pass, i dont undestand has my season pass expired in 4 months? why wasnt it mentioned when i bought the gold version that next season wont be included in the season pass.

RealJayDee1984
10-16-2018, 10:54 PM
The new expansion isn't included in the Season Pass.

Owners of the Season Pass will receive:

- Six Heroes
Aramusha (Samurai)
Centurion (Knights)
Gladiator (Knights)
Highlander (Vikings)
Shaman (Vikings)
Shinobi (Samurai)

- An elite outfit for each of the listed Heroes

- Exclusive Sunbeam Effect on emotes

- Three exclusive emblem outlines

- Three Scavenger Crates that unlock additional gear

- 30-Day Champion Status

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 11:01 PM
so technically i paid for the gold edition for 4 months in which no DLC was released. If i had known this earlier that this content will be outside of season pass i would have just refrained from buying the game.

feels bad man, i feel cheated, i hope next time they will mention all the dlc content to be released in the season pass on the store itself, so that no other consumer falls into this trap

GrislyAccord
10-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Same. Bought season passes for both XBox and PC six or so months ago. Assumed I was going to get future content at least through the year. But nopes.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-16-2018, 11:08 PM
I don't get it. You got what you paid for. If I buy a battle pass on Fortnite a few weeks before the season ends I know it will only last those few weeks. On top of that you received all DLC up to that point. This is an expansion, not part of a season pass. This is not a new concept imo.

GayForShugoki
10-16-2018, 11:26 PM
You got exactly what the Season Pass said you'd get. Did you really think you would pay $15 and get all future content free? That's bound to send the company into bankruptcy. You got all the DLC heroes for 500 steel insetad of 15,000. What more do you want?

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 11:31 PM
i dont think you understand how companies monetize you, you think you are paying for content for those few weeks but the reality is they make you feel that you need it. If the gold edition and season pass had no value before the season why no remove it? why cheat consumers?

You say dlc released till then right? that was received by the standard edition as well so i dont understand what you're coming from which the statement like that? The value of season pass is not that it provides previous content but the content to be released, isnt that the purpose of the season pass? ensuring that you get the content till certain period of time right??

it doesnt matter its a new concept or not i have problem with it being in my system, why put it in the download package and then lock it behind pay wall? i feel cheated coz i didnt get my money worth, i feel cheated coz they dont have a problem putting a price tag on a season pass and then change the whole season pass thing, why not just remove it?

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 11:36 PM
I don't have a problem them cheating me, i learned my lesson not buying any money for them, especially the season passes. I have a problem with them making me download it and then locking it behind a paywall.

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 11:45 PM
You got exactly what the Season Pass said you'd get. Did you really think you would pay $15 and get all future content free? That's bound to send the company into bankruptcy. You got all the DLC heroes for 500 steel insetad of 15,000. What more do you want?

So you are comparing steel with real-world money? how did you come to that conclusion that a fictional digital money that they decide the price for is comparable to real-world money? secondly, season pass means that its a commitment to support the devs by putting money before the content is released, all future content?? not all just what season pass owners suppose to get, and those people who bought their season pass in hoping to get the future content not even months before this release. Let me remind you even if you are standard edition owner, no content released so far has been locked behind a paywall and moreoever i think that mode is already downloaded with that last update, so technically it exists on my system isnt it

RealJayDee1984
10-16-2018, 11:46 PM
You say dlc released till then right? that was received by the standard edition as well so i dont understand what you're coming from which the statement like that? The value of season pass is not that it provides previous content but the content to be released, isnt that the purpose of the season pass? ensuring that you get the content till certain period of time right??

it doesnt matter its a new concept or not i have problem with it being in my system, why put it in the download package and then lock it behind pay wall? i feel cheated coz i didnt get my money worth, i feel cheated coz they dont have a problem putting a price tag on a season pass and then change the whole season pass thing, why not just remove it?

But... they didn't change anything. The Season Pass gives access to certain things (see description above), and it does that still. Some of the things it does give access to were "content to be released" at the time the game started, namely the new heroes. They were released in pairs of two over the first few in-game seasons, and having the SP gave you access to them earlier at no in-game cost. You buy the Season Pass now, you just get them all at once, plus all the other small boons included. Why remove that package deal?

If you feel that that's not enough... yeah, that sucks. But it is what it is. Maybe it would've helped you if they'd changed the name from 'Season Pass' to something else after all the 'over time' content was out?

Syn.ASUR
10-16-2018, 11:56 PM
But... they didn't change anything. The Season Pass gives access to certain things (see description above), and it does that still. Some of the things it does give access to were "content to be released" at the time the game started, namely the new heroes. They were released in pairs of two over the first few in-game seasons, and having the SP gave you access to them earlier at no in-game cost. You buy the Season Pass now, you just get them all at once, plus all the other small boons included. Why remove that package deal?

If you feel that that's not enough... yeah, that sucks. But it is what it is. Maybe it would've helped you if they'd changed the name from 'Season Pass' to something else after all the 'over time' content was out?

Yes, i dont mind the content being locked behind pay wall or my season pass is worthless now, i dont pay for not grinding rather i pay for more content. That said they still had the gold edition even after their was no content to be released? I am no rich i save money coz i love gaming. Not to throw money to skip content.

Sadly, i just want ubi to hide the arcade option for those who dont want to buy it

RealJayDee1984
10-17-2018, 12:05 AM
That said they still had the gold edition even after their was no content to be released?
You still get the content that had been released when you buy the Gold Edition. It's stuff that's, idk, 100+k worth of in-game currency. But yes, nothing new will come out of this (first?) Season Pass.

chukblok
10-17-2018, 12:08 AM
I dont understand how some people are thinking season pass has anything to do with the xpac? I never thought that. its common sense to me

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 12:21 AM
You still get the content that had been released when you buy the Gold Edition. It's stuff that's, idk, 100+k worth of in-game currency. But yes, nothing new will come out of this (first?) Season Pass.

100k worth in a currency the made up, its still worthless, they made the prices that high to give insentive for players to throw money for not playing, what is 100k steel in real world currency and what scale are you using to compare both of them?

I dont understand how some people are thinking season pass has anything to do with the xpac? I never thought that. its common sense to me

what xpac? what does season pass means to you? please shower your wisdom as i clearly don't see that common sense.

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 12:23 AM

Yes, i dont mind the content being locked behind pay wall or my season pass is worthless now, i dont pay for not grinding rather i pay for more content. That said they still had the gold edition even after their was no content to be released? I am no rich i save money coz i love gaming. Not to throw money to skip content.

Sadly, i just want ubi to hide the arcade option for those who dont want to buy it

RealJayDee1984
10-17-2018, 12:30 AM
they made the prices that high to give insentive for players to throw money for not playing
Simply playing to get the steel you need to unlock the stuff you want to have is the slower approach, for sure. I bought the Gold Edition at launch, so I never had to worry about the DLC heroes, and could us my in-game currency for other things.

what is 100k steel in real world currency and what scale are you using to compare both of them?
I haven't really looked at the Steel packs you can purchase since release, but I believe the pricing there was something like '1 dollar = 1000 steel', with discounts on that with the bigger packs.

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 12:32 AM
Simply playing to get the steel you need to unlock the stuff you want to have is the slower approach, for sure. I bought the Gold Edition at launch, so I never had to worry about the DLC heroes, and could us my in-game currency for other things.

I haven't really looked at the Steel packs you can purchase since release, but I believe the pricing there was something like '1 dollar = 1000 steel', with discounts on that with the bigger packs.

never siad i have issue with dlc hero i just issue with the arcade mode, say this expansion is out of season passes and bounds that was decided what when in start of season 7? no months earlier?
I have a problem with the so called expansion being on my system and locked behind paywall. are you fine with that?

GayForShugoki
10-17-2018, 12:40 AM
So you are comparing steel with real-world money? how did you come to that conclusion that a fictional digital money that they decide the price for is comparable to real-world money? secondly, season pass means that its a commitment to support the devs by putting money before the content is released, all future content?? not all just what season pass owners suppose to get, and those people who bought their season pass in hoping to get the future content not even months before this release. Let me remind you even if you are standard edition owner, no content released so far has been locked behind a paywall and moreoever i think that mode is already downloaded with that last update, so technically it exists on my system isnt it

If youíre going to be petty and attempt to dissect my post and put things in my mouth because youíre upset, Iíll meet you half way.

1. A Season Pass is not lifetime. Nowhere has it been said a Season Pass is lifetime.

2. A Season is three months long, if you go by weather, a year by most sports.

3. No, with the Season Pass, the DLC heroes prior to Marching Fire cost 500 Steel. Without the Season Pass, theyíre around 15,000. Instead of paying 90,000 Steal for all the heroes, you pay 3,000 Steel. Quite a saving, yes?

4. Nowhere does it say all future content, which would be stupid. If it did, it meant for that particular season, not lifetime.

5. Each DLC is just that, new. As I said, releasing a $40 pack and giving it to someone who paid $15 is bad business practice. How do you expect them to pay for staff, servers, developers, voice actors, programmers, animators, and special effect people if they lose $25 per sale on the DLC? On top of that, they give you a bunch of free heroes, effects, and whatever else comes with you. You havenít been scammed by them, youíre simply acting entitled because you purchased a Season Pass and assumed it meant lifetime.

RealJayDee1984
10-17-2018, 12:41 AM
never siad i have issue with dlc hero i just issue with the arcade mode, say this expansion is out of season passes and bounds that was decided what when in start of season 7? no months earlier?
I have a problem with the so called expansion being on my system and locked behind paywall. are you fine with that?
But as far as I recall the Arcade Mode was never advertised as being part of the original Season Pass. You still get access to all the new heroes (for steel), the new game mode, and the other updates without paying for them. Yes, it would've been cool if Arcade Mode had been a free update as well. It is not, though. They obviously want to make (more) money with Marching Fire, and ultimately we all have to decide wether we think it's worth giving them the money or not.

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 12:48 AM

so the scale made by a company to justify their currency? is that your point? anyways we are diverting from the confusion that i have. My point is what is the justification of having a season pass based game version when no content will arrive under that season pass? secondly why make every player download the so called expansion i.e. arcade and the lock it for money? and then show on the main screen as something that your game is incomplete? thats just exploitation and stealing? UBI is no worse than EA when it comes to cheating

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 12:53 AM
If you’re going to be petty and attempt to dissect my post and put things in my mouth because you’re upset, I’ll meet you half way.

1. A Season Pass is not lifetime. Nowhere has it been said a Season Pass is lifetime.

2. A Season is three months long, if you go by weather, a year by most sports.

3. No, with the Season Pass, the DLC heroes prior to Marching Fire cost 500 Steel. Without the Season Pass, they’re around 15,000. Instead of paying 90,000 Steal for all the heroes, you pay 3,000 Steel. Quite a saving, yes?

4. Nowhere does it say all future content, which would be stupid. If it did, it meant for that particular season, not lifetime.

5. Each DLC is just that, new. As I said, releasing a $40 pack and giving it to someone who paid $15 is bad business practice. How do you expect them to pay for staff, servers, developers, voice actors, programmers, animators, and special effect people if they lose $25 per sale on the DLC? On top of that, they give you a bunch of free heroes, effects, and whatever else comes with you. You haven’t been scammed by them, you’re simply acting entitled because you purchased a Season Pass and assumed it meant lifetime.

sure i dont mind them having a paid system or any game mode. but i dont want that to be on my system and locked. i dont wanna buy it or play it or even see on my screen. that is why i am so annoyed. i get it its business, no i dont care about steel i care about having fun playing.

RealJayDee1984
10-17-2018, 12:59 AM
My point is what is the justification of having a season pass based game version when no content will arrive under that season pass?
But, for the last time, new content had arrived under the season pass, and is immediately available to you when you purchase the season pass now. I won't go anywhere near this again, because we're just going in circles now.

secondly why make every player download the so called expansion i.e. arcade and the lock it for money? and then show on the main screen as something that your game is incomplete? Everything except Arcade is still available to you. I do agree that it's not that pleasant to have a locked game mode staring at you in the start menu, but it's likely easier than to have a seperate one for people who bought Marching Fire. And also, yes, having it there is advertising the one big thing they want to sell right now.

Again, and finally, it comes down to what you do or do not want to pay for, in this case the Arcade Mode and the new heroes. I've made my decision, you will have to make yours.

Syn.ASUR
10-17-2018, 01:34 AM
But, for the last time, new content had arrived under the season pass, and is immediately available to you when you purchase the season pass now. I won't go anywhere near this again, because we're just going in circles now.
Everything except Arcade is still available to you. I do agree that it's not that pleasant to have a locked game mode staring at you in the start menu, but it's likely easier than to have a seperate one for people who bought Marching Fire. And also, yes, having it there is advertising the one big thing they want to sell right now.

Again, and finally, it comes down to what you do or do not want to pay for, in this case the Arcade Mode and the new heroes. I've made my decision, you will have to make yours.

Yup i agree with you, not investing any time and money on this game or any ubisoft's game, the experience has been worse, overpriced items, locked content, bad game balance, cheaters and lag switchers. I play and support the games with hard earned cash coz devs show they care tht you play this game, but every game with this game as service model keeps pushing this agenda that pay to not play, just buy the stuff and then dont care, if you play or not.

last few months has been frustrating with for honor, reporting does nothing, toxic light spammers, teleporting attacks and players,just to mention i dont have packet loss or high ping, around 50 ping and open NAT.