PDA

View Full Version : is conc getting a nerf yet?

SnizzyWizzy
10-16-2018, 06:08 AM
Im just checking to see if I can come back to the game yet. I left the game until the conc gets balanced so I'm just checking in to see if anyone has heard of a nerf coming to him. Im not playing a game with a broken character like the conc and I'm tired of posting to ubi to balance it...so ill just wait as I play other games. Conq is a ridiculous class and I'm blown away by the length of his broken state. any class that uses one move over and over to win is not in a good place and is plain just not fun to fight against. sooo i hope someone tells me here that the conc nerf is coming soon! if so i would go buy marching fire today.

ArchDukeInstinct
10-16-2018, 06:26 AM
Nope.

See ya.

Tyrjo
10-16-2018, 07:14 AM
Hepefully the visual cue on Shield Bash is in this update. It will make it slightly more telegraphed.

SnizzyWizzy
10-16-2018, 09:19 AM
cya, peace out for honor!! oh really. will it display sooner?

ArchDukeInstinct
10-16-2018, 09:59 AM

All they did was add a little step animation to troll Anti-Conqs.

The_B0G_
10-16-2018, 12:45 PM
They don't want to fix the conq cheese, it's here to stay, yet they nerf characters that need buffs, the devs are completely clueless when it comes to balance in this game.

EvoX.
10-16-2018, 03:41 PM
There's a new animation that should make it a tad easier to deal with the move, as it will more clearly differentiate from his forward dash.

By the way, that avatar is just amazing, Arch.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-16-2018, 04:07 PM

Goobye see ya later.

goatwack
10-16-2018, 04:23 PM
I mained him straight for about the first year of the game's life, when players had a penchant for Peacekeepers and Orochis by and large, you'd see very few knocking about.

I can also state that I've tried to implement an attacking 'style' that goes against his defensive nature, so would gradually abolish the endless shield-bashing repetoire, albeit that was used to within an inch of its life in the first couple of weeks no doubt :eek:

Worse than people using the SB spam is their lack of shame in using it....all the time. That fault lies with the player also. Yet removing this from his kit or sterilizing him would essentially turn the character into a telegraphing static rock with the offensive nous of a sloth.

Having mained Nobushi for a number of months I can attest to the cheapness of Conqueror play in general, I don't think the designers envisioned such ludicrous OP spamming on show here.

I can only suggest that the SB is repeatable a maximum of say twice, with a 5-second cool-off period to deter repetition, or simply depleting the Conq's stamina at double the rate, or for the real showstopper, make it punishable with an added 30% damage!

One can dream, at least :nonchalance:

ArchDukeInstinct
10-17-2018, 03:03 AM
By the way, that avatar is just amazing, Arch.

Thanks. I'm very proud of it.