PDA

View Full Version : New Assassins Creed!

robert_kalisz
10-15-2018, 11:05 AM
Welcome. I am under the great Odyssey impression! I thank Ubisoft for the very good game! I can see the next part of the game in Japan. Times Ninja. He is giving it much to the possibility as for the weapon and very good climate. As you, players can you see it? In climates a Ninja doesn't have a good game. At once the man is reminding himself the old good TENCHU game:)

Rithrius
10-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Learn english first, then post on an english forum...

robert_kalisz
10-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Do not be such a smart boy. I am a little too old to know English, there used to be other times, but you probably do not know much yet. I use a translator. Lord, wise.

Nerteros
10-15-2018, 12:04 PM
If you replace “climate” with “times” or “era” ithe OP makes sense. I agree, it would be super cool to play in feudal Japan. But it has been my impression for many years now that the series is slowly moving towards the Trojan War. Especially now that the Mycaneans are linked to the first civ, it’s highly probable. And would really love to see that.

Dubya75
10-15-2018, 12:08 PM
Samurai please, not Ninjas.

CALLtheDoctah
10-15-2018, 12:08 PM
the timings of current assassins of creed is very delicious! japan creed would be of interestings, but maybe too many Samurai game videos at the current moment. Later releasings are to be of preference

Olympus2018
10-15-2018, 01:33 PM
Japanese culture is very interesting indeed but AC began as a "western" game. For the same reason GTA and RDR do not have an East Asian setting, the AC franchise has always focused on western settings. A Shinobi assassin? Hmmmm. The lore of the game, the First Civilization is based on "Western" characters. I am not sure how East Asian deities would fit in. If it was up to me, the next AC game would feature the archaic Greek world of the second millenium BC (1900-1100 BC) and the game map would include all of the Mediterranean Sea. Back in 1500 BC, the ancient Greek world stretched all the way from Italy to Cyprus. The Trojan War, the Minoan Empire etc. could make a good game AND the new AC badge (Λ) Lamda could actually remain for more than the current game.

Hayloth
10-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Japanese culture is very interesting indeed but AC began as a "western" game. For the same reason GTA and RDR do not have an East Asian setting, the AC franchise has always focused on western settings. A Shinobi assassin? Hmmmm. The lore of the game, the First Civilization is based on "Western" characters. I am not sure how East Asian deities would fit in. If it was up to me, the next AC game would feature the archaic Greek world of the second millenium BC (1900-1100 BC) and the game map would include all of the Mediterranean Sea. Back in 1500 BC, the ancient Greek world stretched all the way from Italy to Cyprus. The Trojan War, the Minoan Empire etc. could make a good game AND the new AC badge (Λ) Lamda could actually remain for more than the current game.

Perfect Suggestion and very good placement with regard to continuation of history.
It has a logic. But who knows how this trilogy will be close... I hope to be a tetralogy etc. :P

JustFlirtin
10-15-2018, 02:50 PM
There has long been talk of an Assassin's Creed game in Feudal Japan.... thing is, are they going to continue to fit games in between the timeline of others or are they going to return to one already established?

I still think the story of Origins is unfinished (should they wish it to be) and the same here with Odyssey.

For me, the ideal next game would be a complete remake (not remaster) of the original Assassin's Creed with the mechanics of the game as it is now.... but that simply isn't going to happen.

One thing we can be sure of.... whatever era it's set in, it will be an era full of famous and infamous real life characters, because that's standard since AC2

Are there enough famous historical people in the Feudal Japan era? I'm not sure.

** As for telling the OP to learn to speak English... was that really necessary? He tried his best and got his point across, so why the need to make a big deal of it?

CALLtheDoctah
10-15-2018, 02:54 PM
I'd prefer an Japanese AC game set in the Meiji period rather than Sengoku, with the coming of England's black ships and Japanese society's political revolution being the backdrop.

JustFlirtin
10-15-2018, 03:09 PM
you know... turning Liberation into a full blown game might be interesting... but again, highly unlikely.

I'd go for anything really... Perhaps a medieval setting is on the cards also... seems a reasonable assumption as AC always works best with blades, bows, spears etc.

Would AC really work in a setting with lots of guns? which, if you progress past Syndicate, would seem to be how it would have to go

Olympus2018
10-15-2018, 06:50 PM
Perfect Suggestion and very good placement with regard to continuation of history.
It has a logic. But who knows how this trilogy will be close... I hope to be a tetralogy etc. :P

I am still not sure if Ubisoft changed the AC symbol to the Greek letter Lamda - Λ - just for one game, OR if this symbol is going to be used again...

BogPeasant420
10-16-2018, 01:15 AM
There has long been talk of an Assassin's Creed game in Feudal Japan.... thing is, are they going to continue to fit games in between the timeline of others or are they going to return to one already established?

I still think the story of Origins is unfinished (should they wish it to be) and the same here with Odyssey.

For me, the ideal next game would be a complete remake (not remaster) of the original Assassin's Creed with the mechanics of the game as it is now.... but that simply isn't going to happen.

One thing we can be sure of.... whatever era it's set in, it will be an era full of famous and infamous real life characters, because that's standard since AC2

Are there enough famous historical people in the Feudal Japan era? I'm not sure.

** As for telling the OP to learn to speak English... was that really necessary? He tried his best and got his point across, so why the need to make a big deal of it?

Ever heard of Oda Nobunaga? Honda Tadakatsu? Mitsuhide? Their tales alone can create an AC franchise

UbiCosmos
10-16-2018, 02:13 AM
Hello robert_kalisz,

I moved your thread over to the Assassin's Creed General Discussion forum as this is not specifically about Odyssey. Thank you! :)