PDA

View Full Version : Engine Question

boardershrapnel
12-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Why is it when I select one engine and un-select the other engine that certain things still affect both? Like the cowl flaps, if I select engine one and de-select engine 2 and open the cowl flaps then I de-select engine one and select engine 2 the cowl flaps are already open. I am asking this because when I go to feather one of my engines, when I switch to the next engine that one cuts off also. Any way around this? Also is propeller "windmilling" modeled in the game.? You know when you turn of an engine but don't feather a prop and it keeps spinning creating drag.

boardershrapnel
12-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Why is it when I select one engine and un-select the other engine that certain things still affect both? Like the cowl flaps, if I select engine one and de-select engine 2 and open the cowl flaps then I de-select engine one and select engine 2 the cowl flaps are already open. I am asking this because when I go to feather one of my engines, when I switch to the next engine that one cuts off also. Any way around this? Also is propeller "windmilling" modeled in the game.? You know when you turn of an engine but don't feather a prop and it keeps spinning creating drag.

Tully__
12-12-2004, 12:32 AM
Propellors windmill if your speed is high enough. As for the rest I have't flown multi's enough to notice.