PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.4

samwo1963
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I purchased my DVD USA from Wal-Mart in mid July this year. Do I need to install the patch? Game shadow is listing all of the patches for install, however, my game seems to have all or most of the updates in patch 1.4. The only thing I can notice that I may not have is the improved night vision in the uzo & periscope view, mine are dark.

samwo1963
10-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I purchased my DVD USA from Wal-Mart in mid July this year. Do I need to install the patch? Game shadow is listing all of the patches for install, however, my game seems to have all or most of the updates in patch 1.4. The only thing I can notice that I may not have is the improved night vision in the uzo & periscope view, mine are dark.

Kaleun1961
10-14-2005, 04:03 PM
If you have the 1.4b patch you should install it. During installation it will tell you that it is patching to 1.3, but that is a known error in the patch. It will indeed patch to 1.4b. Make sure you get the correct patch version, 1.4b for USA DVD.

If you are like most of us, you will soon be itching to install mods, especially if you have high speed internet!

samwo1963
10-15-2005, 03:12 PM
What are the MODs?

Kaleun1961
10-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Mods is short for modifications. These mods are available for free from a number of sites. These are add-ons and enhancements to the game that have been produced by a dedicated group of people. They enhance the game's graphics, sounds and playing features, taking the out-of-the-box game and making it more realistic, exciting, variable, etc.