PDA

View Full Version : Marching Fire FAQ

FredEx919
10-12-2018, 05:03 PM
Hello everyone,

Marching Fire is just around the corner and will be releasing Oct 16th, 2018 across all platforms. Check below for the full Marching Fire FAQ, and comment with any additional questions you may have regarding the upcoming release!

Patch Notes v2.01.0: https://ubi.li/gvwma (https://ubi.li/gvwma)
Maintenance Time: https://ubi.li/9774d (https://ubi.li/9774d)

How much are the Wu Lin Heroes going to cost in-game?
On October 30 following the two weeks early access period for Marching Fire expansion owners, each Wu Lin hero will be available for 15,000 Steel, For Honor’s in game currency, for all For Honor players (around $15 value). Steel can be acquired through in-game play and progression.

The Marching Fire expansion includes both paid content that will offer two week access to new Heroes and a new PvE mode called Arcade, as well as free content with a brand new PvP mode, Breach, and a number of game enhancements. The paid content will be available for $29.99/€29.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

When/how can I unlock the Wu Lin Heroes?
Players who purchase the Marching Fire expansion will receive a two week access period for the four new Wu Lin Heroes starting on October 16 before they are made available for all players via in-game Steel on October 30. After a period of exclusivity, the new warriors will be available to all players to unlock using Steel, For Honor’s in-game currency, at a cost of 15,000 Steel (around $15 value). Steel can be acquired through in-game play and progression.

Is Arcade Mode free?
A: No, access to Arcade mode will only be available through purchase of the Marching Fire expansion, available for $29.99/€29.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

Is Marching Fire free?
The Marching Fire Expansion will be available for $29.99/€29.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.

What exactly comes in the Marching Fire update?
Players who purchase the Marching Fire expansion will receive an early access period for the four new Wu Lin Heroes before they are made available for all players via in-game Steel, a new PvE mode called Arcade, playable in single player or two player online co-op with a friend, and all content that comes with the free update for all players.
The free content available in the Marching Fire update will include Breach Mode, a new 4v4 castle siege multiplayer mode. Focused on strategy and cohesive team play, the breach mode split teams of 4 players into Attacker and Defenders; Attackers have to try and successfully storm the castle of the Defenders utilizing Siege warfare, while defenders must hold the line to save their Lord.
On top of that, it will bring free graphical enhancements to all For Honor players. These will further improve the already stunning and breathtaking world of For Honor with the following enhancements:

Updated and enriched textures – Every single texture in For Honor has been enriched from the ground up. Players will see more detailed surfaces and experience greater draw distance.
Improved Global Illumination – Lighting in For Honor is now even more realistic thanks to a revamped Global Illumination system. Players will now see light better bounce, reflect, transmit, scatter and be absorbed by and off surfaces to create a more photorealistic ambiance.
New sky and cloud technology – The introduction of a brand new sky gradient and realistic clouds

What is the difference between the Marching Fire Update and Marching Fire expansion?

The update refers to the free content in Marching Fire – Breach Mode, Graphical Enhancements, and UI update.
The expansion refers to the overall Marching Fire offer, including the paid content priced at $29.99/€29.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC

Players who purchase the Marching Fire expansion will receive an early access period for the four new Wu Lin Heroes before they are made available for all players via in-game Steel, a new PvE mode called Arcade, playable in single player or two player online co-op with a friend, and all content that comes with the free update for all players.

Are we able to pre-load Marching Fire prior to release?
No pre-download is possible since it’s the Live game

At what time will I be able to access and play Marching Fire on the 16th?
After the completion of the maintenance at 7pm UTC and after the download of the additional content required (estimated download time based on players internet download speed)

What is the download size of Marching Fire?
PC:
- uPlay/Steam: 40.1 GB

PS4:
- SCEA (America): 26.29 GB
- SCEE (Europe): 27.35 GB
- SCEJ (Japan): 25.22 GB
- MENA (Middle East): 24.72 GB
- UKRUS (Russia/ Ukraine): 25.2 GB

Xbox:
- Worldwide: 27.94 GB
- JAPAN: 25.76 GB
- MENA: 25.39 GB
- UKRUS: 25.78 GB

Will Marching Fire be unlocked with the Season Pass?
We do not have any season pass details at this time.

Is Marching Fire a Year 2 Season Pass?

No. Marching Fire is For Honor’s biggest and most ambitious update to date and includes both paid content that will offer early access to new Heroes and a new PvE mode called Arcade, as well as free content with a brand new 4v4 PvP mode, Breach, and a number of graphical enhancements.

Can Arcade Mode be bought separately for Steel? A: No, access to Arcade mode will only be available through purchase of the Marching Fire expansion.

Do I need to buy Marching Fire to access Arcade Mode?
Yes, access to Arcade mode will only be available through purchase of the Marching Fire expansion. However, Arcade can be played in two player online co-op with a friend who owns For Honor; this friend does not need to have purchased the Marching Fire expansion

mryolo805
10-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Will we still get the characters

EvoX.
10-12-2018, 08:15 PM
40 GB's, who-hoa.

bhitrock
10-12-2018, 08:39 PM
Wait, you mean 40 Gb of update?! Does it mean that the whole game weights around 90 Gb?! I do not have enough space for that! That sounds impossible, how can a new mode, 3 maps and 4 heroes weight so much? You can't even put the graphic update in there, because it should replace the old graphics. Tell me it doesn't work this way. Or I won't be able to play it until I get a new PC. (T^T)

Ubiflowessence
10-12-2018, 08:55 PM
Early access for the new heroes will be available on Oct. 16th, for those who purchase the Marching Fire expansion. On October 30, following the two weeks early access period for Marching Fire expansion owners, each Wu Lin hero will be available for 15,000 Steel, For Honor’s in game currency, for all For Honor players (around $15 value).

Specialkha
10-12-2018, 09:15 PM
No pre load of the update? Is ubisoft some indie company?

MuscleTech12018
10-12-2018, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to see the sales flops :D

DefiledDragon
10-12-2018, 10:53 PM
Can you only get Arcade mode if you purchase the Marching Fire expansion? Did you mention that? I'm not sure...

Ubiflowessence
10-13-2018, 01:44 AM
Can you only get Arcade mode if you purchase the Marching Fire expansion? Did you mention that? I'm not sure...

Yes, access to Arcade mode will only be available through purchase of the Marching Fire expansion. However, Arcade can be played in two player online co-op with a friend who owns For Honor; this friend does not need to have purchased the Marching Fire expansion.

Vakris_One
10-13-2018, 02:04 AM
40 gigs, man alive! How much of that is just Shugoki's new XXXXXL wardrobe selection?

bhitrock
10-13-2018, 01:51 PM
Wait, you mean 40 Gb of update?! Does it mean that the whole game weights around 90 Gb?! I do not have enough space for that! That sounds impossible, how can a new mode, 3 maps and 4 heroes weight so much? You can't even put the graphic update in there, because it should replace the old graphics. Tell me it doesn't work this way. Or I won't be able to play it until I get a new PC. (T^T)
No one answered me: will the game occupy 90Gb in the Hard Drive or will it remain 50Gb? Because I don't have the space for that..

Brutal_DaDo
10-13-2018, 02:46 PM
40 gigs, man alive! How much of that is just Shugoki's new XXXXXL wardrobe selection?

Man, you killed me 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

madness075
10-13-2018, 06:50 PM
I pre ordered the digital download version of marching fire from game stop still no code it comes out in 3 days will i not get the codes till the 16th

DefiledDragon
10-13-2018, 09:18 PM
I pre ordered the digital download version of marching fire from game stop still no code it comes out in 3 days will i not get the codes till the 16th

Never pre-order unless it's from somewhere you can get a refund if it sucks.

GayForShugoki
10-14-2018, 12:51 AM
No one answered me: will the game occupy 90Gb in the Hard Drive or will it remain 50Gb? Because I don't have the space for that..

In the dev stream, they said that they were gutting down the size of the game due to the graphic enhancement. I assume, don't quote me on this, that the total of the game after Marching Fire will be 40gb.

bhitrock
10-14-2018, 08:36 AM
Thanks man!
So the update will make the whole game occupy less space? That's nice! I only had 5Gb remaining in my HD.

Kliftheone
10-15-2018, 09:24 PM
But still no fix to one of the fundamental flaws of this game? I mean still laggy players all over, still they get the advantage? I mean playing on console and they you even in ranked have to fight 80-120 ping players that only play assassins. I mean they don`t even know how to delay a light, because all their lights are like 200ms or no animation/indicator. I could live with this if it was once in a blue moon, but, when it is 2/3 of the fights you do in 1v1, 2v2, ranked or dom it gets kinda frustating. You still have no feedback on issues like this? Do you intend to do updates more than just big money patch every now and then? I mean you change heroes wait half a year and still don`t even do a small numbers tweak on them?

I hope you actually start fixing this game, or I hope it dies out so maybe Ubi will be forced to actually start caring about more than just a cash grab, this is at least what a large portion of the community thinks. (I know the develpoers want to make this game good, but the cash people at the top only cares about cash, sadly.)

Xil_h
10-15-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks man!
So the update will make the whole game occupy less space? That's nice! I only had 5Gb remaining in my HD.

You shouldn't fill up your HDD like that. Maximum of 60-70%. Everything above will slow the HDD down.

DimakSerpg
10-16-2018, 04:54 AM
I mean they don`t even know how to delay a light, because all their lights are like 200ms or no animation/indicator
Sorry what? Can you record this? Because i never had these problems. I wanna see how it looks.

joelhebe
10-16-2018, 05:18 AM
Its midnight here un Montrťal ans still no download !! I want a refund! All my streamers are waiting damn

bhitrock
10-16-2018, 06:36 AM
You shouldn't fill up your HDD like that. Maximum of 60-70%. Everything above will slow the HDD down.
I know, but I have a very small HD. Anyway, I'm getting a new pc soon, and that will solve a lot of problems

GayForShugoki
10-16-2018, 07:14 AM
Its midnight here un Montrťal ans still no download !! I want a refund! All my streamers are waiting damn

Still got 19 hours to go, mate. Relax.

KSI_TheMadKing
10-16-2018, 08:31 AM
So do I understand this correctly this release on (basically) the 17th of October not the 16. If I am correct this is some bs.

The_B0G_
10-16-2018, 12:50 PM
So do I understand this correctly this release on (basically) the 17th of October not the 16. If I am correct this is some bs.

Yeah, I was going by the timer on the download, for us that don't have crazy fast internet this definitely kills any chance of playing it yoday with a 29 gb download, it's annoying that we can't at least pre-download, not sure what that's all about, when I hit download nothing happens.

Vallmour
10-17-2018, 01:00 AM
whhyyyyyy

Vakris_One
10-17-2018, 01:35 AM
whhyyyyyy
Because a Season Pass is not the same as a Lifetime Pass. A Season Pass ends as soon as the last piece of advertised DLC content on that pass is delivered. In For Honor's case that was Shaman and Aramusha.

pmwall13
10-17-2018, 02:11 AM
Bring back my damn gear stats

Bdanger
10-17-2018, 08:12 PM
I paid money for it and pre order it in August now the game is live and my 30 eur are gone and I can't even play the arcade nor the waking warriors it says I have to pay again when will this ben fixed ? its incredible how many people has the same issue not making good friends Ubisoft this way

Dextr971
10-17-2018, 08:35 PM
I want to ask if you will get back that old upgrading, i mean like that demage which you could and stamina regen.

New perks just suck beacause they dont have to do anything with your hero and items are now just fashion. I dont see any use in game.

These perks just suck and i not only one who dont like it so please answear meeeee.

Now i just play this game to complete daily misions for money and go away beacause its not fun anymore if i cant play my almost one shot raider or highlander.

Thank you for reading.

Ubiflowessence
10-17-2018, 09:40 PM
For European PS4 Players who pre-ordered Marching Fire. Those affected should have their purchased content unlocked within the next 24 hours. Please go here for more information and details on compensation: https://ubi.li/89nqs

Also, If you are having a problem specifically with game sharing on Xbox, we'll be posting an update to that very shortly.

cMauJIPro
10-18-2018, 09:12 AM
I bought pre-order add-ons (Mirching Fire Extensions), tell me, four new hero faction Lin I have available only 2 weeks before October 30? Then I have to pay 15,000 steel for each character and bought the pre-MF expansions?

SiwekPatryk
10-20-2018, 12:08 AM
Hello.
1. Should the Gold version with the session pack not get this extension?
2. Where the hell is my equipment?
3. You buy cash for gold, to find the most suitable skills for attack or defense, now the whole cash has gone down the drain.
4. F*** y***
5.Delete GAME ! ! !

TehWhiteWookie
10-20-2018, 11:35 AM
why even bother with a season pass then? or numerios season passes? major ripoff! seriously thats crap for any one who got that on top of the main game just got raped! thanks ubi!

Devils-_-legacy
10-20-2018, 11:50 AM
It stated on the description you got 6 heros from the season pass
-cent
-shinobi
-highlander
-glad
-shaman
-Aramusha

Ukasikukaki
10-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Congrats. You keep ruin the game. But servers crashing and not be able to make team with my friends (since day 1) and thats 6 moths ago. That is not so important as new looks and chinese characters, right? Good work devs...

goldprimarch
10-20-2018, 09:43 PM
I bought the marching fire addon on the 17 and played it for a lil then the update came and i updated it and Iím not able to access the new content anymore and how much is the marching fire update supposedly to take before full release cause in my games and apps it says it only takes up 10mb right now and I donít know if itís right or not

goldprimarch
10-20-2018, 09:54 PM
Can you guys fix the addon I bought it on the 17 I played before the update and now Iím not able to use any of the content from the addon and itís really pissing me off that allot of people have this problem And why is fixing game sharing more important Than fixing it for the people that canít even play and they own it come on

Peruvic
10-30-2018, 11:44 AM
I bought gold version, i dont know why but now i cant even buy or do the download of the expansion, is this normal?

Ubiflowessence
10-30-2018, 10:55 PM
I bought gold version, i dont know why but now i cant even buy or do the download of the expansion, is this normal?

Hey Peruvic,

Please forward this to support (https://ubi.li/e7nb3) so it can be looked at further.

RushLoongHammer
10-31-2018, 05:28 PM
Questions
I heard the DLCs in For Honor were free but I hear that Marching Fire requires you to buy it? I'm confused.
Do I need to buy all DLCs to play all modes and characters?
Does the season pass give you access to all paid DLCs?

I was gonna purchase since it's on special but this is confusing me.

Devils-_-legacy
10-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Questions
I heard the DLCs in For Honor were free but I hear that Marching Fire requires you to buy it? I'm confused.
Do I need to buy all DLCs to play all modes and characters?
Does the season pass give you access to all paid DLCs?

I was gonna purchase since it's on special but this is confusing me.

Hope this helps
All heros can be purchased through steel.
Year 1 Season pass gives you:
-Cent
-Glad
-Highlander
-Shaman
-Shinobi
-Aramusha
Marching fire gives you 4 heros from wulin(they can be purchased with steel)
-Tandi
-Nuxia
-Shoalin
-JJ
Exclusive to marching fire expansion owners
-Arcade Mode

RushLoongHammer
10-31-2018, 11:15 PM
Hope this helps
All heros can be purchased through steel.
Year 1 Season pass gives you:
-Cent
-Glad
-Highlander
-Shaman
-Shinobi
-Aramusha
Marching fire gives you 4 heros from wulin(they can be purchased with steel)
-Tandi
-Nuxia
-Shoalin
-JJ
Exclusive to marching fire expansion owners
-Arcade Mode

Are there any other gamemodes that have to be unlocked with real money purchase or is it just arcade mode?

Also I'm in Australia, any reason to fear lag?
Two of my friends recommended against buying For Honor because you get a lot of lag in Aus.
I get lag in other Ubisoft games and my internet is pretty solid.

Also Im on PC