PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to balance throw able feats?

papa_joseph1
10-12-2018, 04:14 AM
So, the last few games i've played in for honor have been just annoying, not fun, not frustrating, but annoying.
as i mentioned in other posts, i main Law Bringer, and he is one of the most grievous of offenders when it comes to the issue i've encountered.

Throwables, the Bomb Bringer loadout is game breaking, in break or late in the game, if a knight hero can run nothing but bombs that's the Meta, because it skirts around the entire combat engine, defense and anything the player can do to counter it, i've seen bombs kill three heroes at once in a death ball and all that player had to do was press one button and bam, he won the game because the death ball that is created during break clups players together, generally indoors.

This extends to the other instant damage/stamina drain throwables, firepot, flash-whatever its called, such and such.

I just don't understand the choice from a game design standpoint, why throw away your beautiful combat engine, for frag grenades from an FPS?

the only thing i can think of that could maybe fix such things is make damage depends on hero in question, tanks and tank hybrids who are slow take less damage from them, where as Assassins can get away from them faster but take more damage......something like that.

I'm just spitballing here, anybody else have an idea for fixing them?

PS. I don't play bomb bringer, i only use the passive stuff and catapult, and only use the catapult if it kills me in the process, Aloha snackbar.

Sweaty_Sock
10-12-2018, 08:03 AM
limited uses across the whole match rather than a cooldown.