PDA

View Full Version : The Harbinger - Thoughts?

Xeith98zz
10-11-2018, 11:29 PM
For those who watched the launch live stream, the FH dev team and community team included, at the end of the livestream, teased what looked like a possible new Hero or possible event judging by the screenshot, obviously im guessing its a Hero. That hammer looked badass, and definitely resembles Thors Hammer, so im guessing its a Scandinavian/Norse Hero.

UbiInsulin
10-11-2018, 11:36 PM
For context, here's the American Youtube video. 2019 talk starts at around 3:45:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2fW-JsDZg

Xeith98zz
10-12-2018, 12:37 AM
For context, here's the American Youtube video. 2019 talk starts at around 3:45:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh2fW-JsDZg

Appreciate it, couldn't find where it was at till now

Tundra 793
10-12-2018, 01:44 AM
You piqued my interest, so had to check it out.

That hammer looked badass, and definitely resembles Thors Hammer, so im guessing its a Scandinavian/Norse Hero.

The hammer does look badass, and it definitely resembles a hammer, but it does not at all resemble Thors Hammer. Given For Honor's erratic art style however, that's not saying it won't be something related to the Vikings, but at first glance, it ain't Mjolnir, not even close.

Helnekromancer
10-12-2018, 01:54 AM
I hope it's a Warhammer, I really don't want another dual-wielding hyper armor maniac like Berserker.

Xeith98zz
10-12-2018, 04:33 AM
You piqued my interest, so had to check it out.

The hammer does look badass, and it definitely resembles a hammer, but it does not at all resemble Thors Hammer. Given For Honor's erratic art style however, that's not saying it won't be something related to the Vikings, but at first glance, it ain't Mjolnir, not even close.

I dont know of any hammers that resemble what that was then. Shape of the metal itself looked somewhat close, regardless it will be great for it to be a two handed weapon(like the gentleman above said) or even one handed similar to Mjolnir. But what exactly would be the point in adding such a thing? For honor isn't Historically accurate by any means, but im sure they wouldn't get into any crazy mythology such as loki and thor and what not. Still, whatever it ends up being, im sure I found my new main. Aslong as its not another damn chick.

Illyrian_King
10-12-2018, 07:18 AM
So funny when you guys talk about a "Hero" ^^

The lines says "2019 - Year of the harbinger" ... YEAR

It must be somrthing for the whole YEAR.
People on reddit suggested, it might be a new hero archetype beside Assassin, Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid. This would explain coming new harbingers for the 4 factions for the whole year.
The theory would make sense ...

The word harbinger means someone who announces stuff. What ever this could announce if it's not a new hero archetype.

Tundra 793
10-12-2018, 11:42 AM
I dont know of any hammers that resemble what that was then. Shape of the metal itself looked somewhat close, regardless it will be great for it to be a two handed weapon(like the gentleman above said) or even one handed similar to Mjolnir. But what exactly would be the point in adding such a thing? For honor isn't Historically accurate by any means, but im sure they wouldn't get into any crazy mythology such as loki and thor and what not. Still, whatever it ends up being, im sure I found my new main. Aslong as its not another damn chick.

Doesn't have to be based on any famous hammer at all mate, could be an entirely original creation.

But for the record, Wikipedia was kind enough to compile the historical collection of Mjolnir pendants found to date, and it looks like this; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Archaeological_record_of_Mj%C3%B6llnir

Devils-_-legacy
10-12-2018, 12:54 PM
I assumed some sort of new fraction rather then an archetype as harbinger is a forward agent normally

Xeith98zz
10-12-2018, 01:27 PM
So funny when you guys talk about a "Hero" ^^

The lines says "2019 - Year of the harbinger" ... YEAR

It must be somrthing for the whole YEAR.
People on reddit suggested, it might be a new hero archetype beside Assassin, Vanguard, Heavy, Hybrid. This would explain coming new harbingers for the 4 factions for the whole year.
The theory would make sense ...

The word harbinger means someone who announces stuff. What ever this could announce if it's not a new hero archetype.
Harbinger is someone who brings something bad to the table, typically evil usually. Look at norse mythology etc, a harbinger does not announce an event, they start or execute it. So it isnt an event, its more than likely a new hero all together.

Doesn't have to be based on any famous hammer at all mate, could be an entirely original creation.

But for the record, Wikipedia was kind enough to compile the historical collection of Mjolnir pendants found to date, and it looks like this; https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Archaeological_record_of_Mj%C3%B6llnir
That makes sense, I realize that. Whatever it may be, its no doubt going to be a game changer.

UrbanGlitch
10-12-2018, 07:06 PM
I sure hope its a new Viking Hero, I'd be equally stoked if it's a new archetype. I hope it's similar to Centurion by having a 1 handed Warhammer, as the Vikings don't have a hero like that.

OoKaMi_79
10-12-2018, 07:16 PM
I wouldn’t want to be a dream killer....but my guess is that it is not a New Hero or class to play with....I think it will be an expansion to The history of the game....we defeated Apollyon and a new Foe comes out to face us....and he will be the one using the hammer...and of course it is Chinese.

So I would say that we should prepare for a new chapter in history, from Chinese faction with a new Enemy.

Regards!

bhitrock
10-12-2018, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I too think that. But If they're adding a new "villain" to the story mode and he holds an unique weapon, I don't see why we couldn't get a hero who uses a warhammer on the same style. Could be some kind of 'elite guard' or something like that. If he's chinese, I'm guessing for a tank-hybrid, but the hammer looks like a viking one, so I can't tell.

OoKaMi_79
10-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I too think that. But If they're adding a new "villain" to the story mode and he holds an unique weapon, I don't see why we couldn't get a hero who uses a warhammer on the same style. Could be some kind of 'elite guard' or something like that. If he's chinese, I'm guessing for a tank-hybrid, but the hammer looks like a viking one, so I can't tell.

They already have the Model of the Commanders from Breach Mode....they could easily use it and put a hammer in its hands to make this new Villian. (We also saw some special features in Apollyon but didn’t make us a new char with them)

Anyways, I also would like to see new chars confirmed in the future (at least starting with the missing 2 chars in the Chinese faction to be balanced with the original 3)

bhitrock
10-12-2018, 08:34 PM
If they add 2 chinese ones and then 1 heavy for each faction, it means 6 heroes. They did it with the previous dlc characters, so they could do it again.

Tyrjo
10-13-2018, 08:01 AM
If it's a two handed mace hero I sure hope it's going to be a knight. It seems most fitting to me.

bhitrock
10-13-2018, 01:48 PM
The hammer looks either chinese or norse because of the runes and the dragon on the pommel. Also, it is quite short, so I think it's one-handed. It is unlikely for it to be for a knight hero..

Knight_Raime
10-13-2018, 05:56 PM
imo it's probably a story expansion or signalling we get another season pass of heros. But this time being vanguards and heavies since the entire first pass was assassins and hybrids. It could also be a new class type. But I would hope not just because the class system in general doesn't serve any kind of purpose at this point due to a lot of the hero design/reworks blurred the already thin lines between each class. It's a year long thing. So I doubt it's just one hero. And I really doubt we'd go a whole year in this game without any new heros.