PDA

View Full Version : How about fixing the server issues before you try to capitalize on new release?

GWhizz1
10-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Disconnects on 1 out of 4 games what a broken piece o S***

Diettiger2017
10-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Iv found when this happens to me returning to start menu or restart the game and itís all good.

UbiInsulin
10-11-2018, 10:40 PM
The team constantly looks for ways to improve FH's matchmaking, regardless of new content being created or not. I'm sorry you've been experiencing these disconnects!

IzunaDrop25
10-12-2018, 12:11 AM
Everyone from day 1 has been experiencing these disconnects!

guest-4xn53EA8
10-12-2018, 01:46 AM
The team constantly looks for ways to improve FH's matchmaking, regardless of new content being created or not. I'm sorry you've been experiencing these disconnects!

Maybe you guys aren't putting enough effort in balancing and better matchmaking. It's way more important for us than a new faction

GayForShugoki
10-12-2018, 02:18 AM
I can assure you that the people working on Marching Fire are not the people who are managing the server stability. Also, the people who make weapons, armour, animations, and anything else are not in charge of balance. I think the balance is in a decent spot - sure, there are a few bad heroes that are a bit strong, but someone always has to be stronger than others.

Mia.Nora
10-12-2018, 09:34 AM
I can assure you that the people working on Marching Fire are not the people who are managing the server stability. Also, the people who make weapons, armour, animations, and anything else are not in charge of balance. I think the balance is in a decent spot - sure, there are a few bad heroes that are a bit strong, but someone always has to be stronger than others.

Came to check the forum if there is anything new on arcade, and I stopped bothering to post anything on these forums but wrongful misinformation like that forced my hand.

Anyone who worked on a AAA project knows that everything is under the same budget. Developers, designers, animators, mocap, riggers, even the software licences they use for the project fall under the same pool of resources. For every single thing you are getting that is not related to technical improvements and balance, that is one less dime spent on technical staff and balance team time.

chukblok
10-12-2018, 01:26 PM
Ive had no server issues since dedicated servers were launched....zero. And i also feel balance is just about there.

BTTrinity
10-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Disconnects on 1 out of 4 games what a broken piece o S***

/s Yep, all the games content devs should just stop and go work on servers. (No they shouldnt, thats not their job)

Vakris_One
10-12-2018, 02:38 PM
Came to check the forum if there is anything new on arcade, and I stopped bothering to post anything on these forums but wrongful misinformation like that forced my hand.

Anyone who worked on a AAA project knows that everything is under the same budget. Developers, designers, animators, mocap, riggers, even the software licences they use for the project fall under the same pool of resources. For every single thing you are getting that is not related to technical improvements and balance, that is one less dime spent on technical staff and balance team time.
A couple of fatal flaws in your logic there. You don't know the budget they are working with nor how it breaks down between the different departments, nor how they have budgeted Marching Fire within their project allowance. Without that info you can't realistically comment on how efficiently or inefficiently they are running their project.

Successful triple A projects don't suddenly tell one of their departments to stop having so many meetings or stop working on tech improvements and balancing because "we want to add new characters, maps, etc and can't pay for your team's time anymore". No, one key department doesn't suddenly get a drastic cut in funding just because some of the other key departments get tasked with working on the latest big content update for the game. This stuff is all budgeted precisely and well beforehand. The only reason they would cut back spending on a particular department is if that department's work is no longer required as much or at all - like the writer(s) from the story campaign - or because they decided it's no longer a priority area for the future of the game.

I very much doubt Ubi decided that server stability and balancing is no longer one of the priority areas for the future of their game or that Marching Fire bled the entire budget dry for everything else.

PepsiBeastin
10-12-2018, 02:42 PM
A couple of fatal flaws in your logic there. You don't know the budget they are working with nor how it breaks down between the different departments, nor how they have budgeted Marching Fire within their project allowance. Without that info you can't realistically comment on how efficiently or inefficiently they are running their project.

Successful triple A projects don't suddenly tell one of their departments to stop having so many meetings or stop working on tech improvements and balancing because "we want to add new characters, maps, etc and can't pay for your team's time anymore". No, one key department doesn't suddenly get a drastic cut in funding just because some of the other key departments get tasked with working on the latest big content update for the game. This stuff is all budgeted precisely and well beforehand. The only reason they would cut back spending on a particular department is if that department's work is no longer required as much or at all - like the writer(s) from the story campaign - or because they decided it's no longer a priority area for the future of the game.

I very much doubt Ubi decided that server stability and balancing is no longer one of the priority areas for the future of their game or that Marching Fire bled the entire budget dry for everything else.

Maybe not server issues, but you can't deny that had Marching Fire been postponed, the fight team would've had more resources and time to work on balance rather than Small Dodge Attack Boy and Large Dodge Attack Boy.

Vakris_One
10-12-2018, 03:37 PM
Maybe not server issues, but you can't deny that had Marching Fire been postponed, the fight team would've had more resources and time to work on balance rather than Small Dodge Attack Boy and Large Dodge Attack Boy.
I can only hope that's why the balancing has been so slow but without knowing how big their team is and how they delegate their priorities in conjunction with the size of their budget allowance I can't say for sure. There are other games that have managed to do regular balance patches while also working on a big content update so it's not impossible to manage the resources well enough to do both. For whatever reason Ubi took way too long with the reworks, honestly they should have been all done by Season 7 in my opinion. But I don't know if that's because of Marching Fire or because Ubi work really slowly, with all due respect to the fight team devs.

IzunaDrop25
10-12-2018, 04:56 PM
A offline mode is a must and should be the first thing you people should all be asking for. Until we get one youíre wasting your time and money

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-12-2018, 05:15 PM
I call bs. The connection use to be horrible, since the servers its been a damn near perfect. From 2/4 matches disconnecting to now 1/20, maybe 1.