PDA

View Full Version : Nobushi vs Reworked Valk

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 01:32 PM
I've been gone since about july-august and didnt play much when Wardens and Valks rework dropped... Since I came back yesterday, I've run into A LOT of Valk's and just get stomped...

My issue is her 50/50, sure I can hidden stance the sweep but chances are that they just abuse the 50/50 till it connects, or until I make a mistake like successfully reading the bash is coming out and still get punished with a sweep for dodging it with hidden stance (Kind of a messed up design philosophy) but Im open to any suggestions... At this point, Im ready to just shelf the game for another 3 months.

EDIT: I think I got it.... I was under the impression that shield bash guarantees sweep... So I was desperately trying to avoid her SB... Now that I know its not guaranteed, Ill just eat the bash and hidden stance the sweep. Should be EZ

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Valk has no 50/50. The sweep is always a finisher for a chain. Just dodge back or on left and GB her.

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 01:41 PM
Valk has no 50/50. The sweep is always a finisher for a chain. Just dodge back or on left and GB her.

She definitely has one, heavy soft feint into shield bash. (which then leads into a sweep finisher)

Like I said, sure I can hidden stance the sweep but chances are that they just abuse the 50/50 till it connects, or until I make a mistake like successfully reading the bash and still get punished with a sweep for dodging bash with hidden stance (Kind of a messed up design philosophy)

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 01:50 PM
Still do not really see the issue here. She is not a great dueler anyway, and I do not eat the bash everytime. Everything she does is reactable and dodgeable and she gets punish heavily for every fail.

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Still do not really see the issue here. She is not a great dueler anyway, and I do not eat the bash everytime. Everything she does is reactable and dodgeable and she gets punish heavily for every fail.

My issue is, I dodge the bash, and she sweeps me before I can follow up in any way, shape, or form.. No matter what I do.. I cant even dodge GB her shield bash mixups

I dont eat the bash every time either, thats precisely my issue... Even when I dodge the bash, I still cant follow up before she can, the only thing that seems to rarely work is dodging with sidewinder.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 02:02 PM

Currently Valk has 2 50/50. She is my co-main so this is just an objective opinion.

1/ The most known, Sweep or GB (or even landing heavy)
2/ On a heavy from neutral, shield crush or GB ? (or again let it fly/light etc)

The number 2 is very effective while in revenge.

But, as now the sweep is the same input as GB and the sweep doesn't have anymore hte nice delay window it has before, it is now really easier to adapt your defense on reaction.

And she is in my opinion the best duelist of the game now or among with Conq and Warden. Devs said it, first stats already put her just behing Conq, equal position than Kensei. And doing sometimes onlu duel but most of times 4v4, i can tell you she is far stronger in duel.

So, yes she has 50/50, but really not that hard to deal with compare to lots of others char in the game (for BTT).

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 02:06 PM
So, yes she has 50/50, but really not that hard to deal with compare to lots of others char in the game (for BTT).

I disagree.

Wardens and Highlanders 50/50 I just roll away from more often than not

Conq's 50/50 I can hidden stance and kick him in the face without any worry of a follow up punishing me for doing my job....

Wot do I do to punish her shield bash. At this point it seems like pick a character with a reliable dodge attack.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 02:46 PM
I disagree.

Wardens and Highlanders 50/50 I just roll away from more often than not

Conq's 50/50 I can hidden stance and kick him in the face without any worry of a follow up punishing me for doing my job....

Wot do I do to punish her shield bash. At this point it seems like pick a character with a reliable dodge attack.

Well, of course if you roll away on any heavies a Valk starts, you gonna have a hard time ^^
And warden can now catch people who roll by feinting for his dash.

At the begenning you talk about her basic 50/50, sweep/GB if i'm not wrong. And this one you can deal with without roll.

About shield crush, it require to really focus and react on time, and then most of time you can parry the following light. A char with a good dash attack can be the answer but, i often brain player who tried to dodge attack me by just hard feinting for Gb or a Parry.

That's why it can be used as a 50/50.

But, if a Valk always softfeint into shieldcrush, then just dodge it on reaction.

I can't give advices while playing Nobu i'm only rep 2 with her.

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Well, of course if you roll away on any heavies a Valk starts, you gonna have a hard time ^^
And warden can now catch people who roll by feinting for his dash.

At the begenning you talk about her basic 50/50, sweep/GB if i'm not wrong. And this one you can deal with without roll.

About shield crush, it require to really focus and react on time, and then most of time you can parry the following light. A char with a good dash attack can be the answer but, i often brain player who tried to dodge attack me by just hard feinting for Gb or a Parry.

That's why it can be used as a 50/50.

But, if a Valk always softfeint into shieldcrush, then just dodge it on reaction.

I can't give advices while playing Nobu i'm only rep 2 with her.

I think I got it.... I was under the impression that shield bash guarantees sweep... So I was desperately trying to avoid her SB... Now that I know its not guaranteed, Ill just eat the bash and hidden stance the sweep. (Thanks for telling me about the GB option after bash, Ill keep that in mind so I can CGB out of hidden stance) should be ez.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 02:57 PM
I think I got it.... I was under the impression that shield bash guarantees sweep... So I was desperately trying to avoid her SB... Now that I know its not guaranteed, Ill just eat the bash and hidden stance the sweep. (Thanks for telling me about the GB option after bash, Ill keep that in mind so I can CGB out of hidden stance) should be ez.

Yep the only moment Valk got a guaranteed Sweep is after a wallsplat ;)

Just be carefull shield crush guarantee a light and then after this light come the Sweep or GB option.

So i'm not sure you can Hidden stance after the bash, i think you have to eat the light too (only 12 or 13 dmg if i'm correct). But you cand Hidden stance after the guaranteed light yes. Just be prepared to CGB as you said ;)

Hope it gonna help you man