PDA

View Full Version : High RAM usage warning

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 11:54 AM
Hello guys, i need some help here. I have a problem, the game keep telling me i have RAM issues. I dont know what to do or how to fix it? I just buyed my computer and it have 8 gb ram. Please help me someone.

Ubi-Jimothy
10-11-2018, 12:07 PM
Hey MrDevillo,

I'd contact our Support Team about this (https://support.ubi.com), they'll be able to give you a hand!

Charmzzz
10-11-2018, 12:20 PM
8GB RAM is easily enough to run For Honor. Are you sure it says RAM and not VRAM?

If it says RAM: Check via Task Manager (rightclick on Taskbar - select Task Manager) which programs use alot of memory and shut them down before starting the game (e.g. Chrome or plenty of auto-started Apps)

If it says VRAM: this means your graphic card memory. How much video memory is needed depends heavily on: resolution (Full HD or 4k?) and Texture Quality. Try lowering your settings on these 2. Most modern graphic cards run 8GB VRAM which is enough for Full HD and high Texture Quality.

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Did they totally fix the bug of memory leak?

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Thanks ill try that! I also have some issues with my game when i try to open it. It will show me the start pic. But when that gose away it wont open the game, sometimes i have to try a high amoungt of times befor im abel to open it :/

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Charmzzz its telling me im running low on RAM. Im running everythink on HIGH or better. My computer should be abel to run it that way im pretty sure.
And i did allrdy shot down all the starts programs. And beside that would i mean my PC should be good enough to run more than for honor at the same time. It seems like a bug of some kind.

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Hey MrDevillo,

I'd contact our Support Team about this (https://support.ubi.com), they'll be able to give you a hand!

Ill did try to contact the support. But i cant find a way to contact them :/ Is there a way i can send em a email?

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Charmzzz its telling me im running low on RAM. Im running everythink on HIGH or better. My computer should be abel to run it that way im pretty sure.
And i did allrdy shot down all the starts programs. And beside that would i mean my PC should be good enough to run more than for honor at the same time. It seems like a bug of some kind.

At the release of the game, and for a while, there was a memeory leak bug. After a few games, your computer tells you that you are running low on memory. Is that it? I do not know if they fixed it, I had this kind of issue a few months back, and when I came back from a hiatus, it did not happen again.

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 01:39 PM
At the release of the game, and for a while, there was a memeory leak bug. After a few games, your computer tells you that you are running low on memory. Is that it? I do not know if they fixed it, I had this kind of issue a few months back, and when I came back from a hiatus, it did not happen again.

Im pretty sure thats it. And then i have another problem when i start to open the game. Sometimes it will show me the pictur and when it gose away nothink more will happen, other times it will open op in windowsmode and the screen will stay black. So i have to try a diffrend amount of times to open my game, and some times i just have to give up and try again after an hour or more :/

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Verify and repair the game files if there is the option on Uplay. If not, unistall and reinstall the game. As for the memory leak, you can't do anything if you are affected.

MrDevillo
10-11-2018, 02:23 PM
Verify and repair the game files if there is the option on Uplay. If not, unistall and reinstall the game. As for the memory leak, you can't do anything if you are affected.

I did allrdy try to reinstall the game once. It dident work.. :/

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Update your graphic drivers and do the windows update as well. You can't really do more than that.