PDA

View Full Version : Worst player base to ever polute a game

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Why is this game full to brim of disturbed, upset people? Like I receive hate mail after every match and all anyone ever wants to do is cause grief to others as I just want to know what about this game is so appealing to the mentally deranged?, if you load this game up and your first thoughts are "how can I upset someone today" then you've got a problem, though a small amount but there are some decent humans who play this game for the fun of it but like the snow leopard they are rare

Charmzzz
10-11-2018, 10:32 AM
Uhm, did you play League of Legends? Or Overwatch? Or CoD / Battlefield? Or literally ANY other PVP Game? Because as soon as it get's somewhat "competitive" people will call you names when losing. It always was like this, it is a flaw in humanity. Wars have been fought because of this behavior.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Charmz is right.. taht's sad but it's like that.

But i have to admit For Honor really brings a lot of Salt ^^

Just look at the message you can spam on the chat box "wow" "thanks" "sorry" & the emotes spam etc ... Ubi want the salt haha

ChampionRuby50g
10-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Heís not wrong though, Iíve played COD/BF and plenty of online PVP games, and Iíve never come across a saltier, or more toxic, community than For Honor. Iíve received more hate mail playing this game than probably all the other online games Iíve played in the last 5 years combined. Rainbow six siege didnít even come this close.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 11:11 AM
I've not played league or overwatch for those reasons but for honor takes it to a level where it's actually inciting hatred and Ubisoft want to look out for that, the quick chat alone is designed to be annoying not to mention you've got a load of people who think they're hot **** because they use spammy characters or exploits and they then feel they've got a right to send hate, I've never know a game where I'll get an angry/hatful message because the guy sending me it won the game, this game either changes people or just attracts complete scumbags but one thing is for sure and that is they certainly aren't happy in themselves

David_gorda
10-11-2018, 11:15 AM
I think its because its alot Of cheesy lame moves in this Game compared to other pvp games. Like the 400ms lightspam or instantkill from Ledges in spikes. I Always get alot of hate messages when i ledge People over and over in dominion with warlord and use quickchat and say good fight hehe.

SangLong524
10-11-2018, 11:15 AM
U on console?
Oh well, here i wish i can get some salty hate mails on pc.
Its been a very long time since my old fat ps3 broken down. Last fighting game i played on that platform was god of war ascension. I got plenty of hate mails which were rightly deserved, and sent a bunch of taunt mails as well.

SpaceJim12
10-11-2018, 11:24 AM
I think For Honor have such salty thing for reason. Any other PvP games in 90% of cases do not give people so much tools to disrespect others. In Overwatch you not forced to see killcam, in For Honor you should look at execution and when you killed by 3-4 enemies you'll probably see how others spam emotes, give you salt (still think Ubisoft try to selfirony here, but lost). And emotes of course.=) No other game give you SO salty emotes and let you spam them for centuries. Try to do emote after kill in Overwatch, Destiny 2 etc. You will get bullet in you head in next minute And still you can't spam it under dead bodies.

This game designed to let toxic people to show you their toxic. And of course loosing. All this gunking things, all this laggy things, all this strange loses in Dominion for no reason. You should really try hard and still can be in **** pit and this obviously will make you toxic.

SangLong524
10-11-2018, 11:37 AM
This game could have some interactive emotes, like handshakes. They handshaked plenty when they ganged up on me in gowa.
I still remember spamming “hahaha” as a Hades player. Much salt i got.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 12:01 PM
You're right about the cheesy moves, if a high level for honor player tried to play soul calibre all you'd see is them spamming the grapple attack and not throw any moves, the contrast between this game and other actual fighting games is astounding

Tyrfing_.
10-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Actually I hardly ever received anything in-game so far. But I agree to the statement by just looking at this forum...

I belive however that FH by design (which is IMHO quite good) creates an extreme level of emotion. Positive and negative emotion.
Fighting eye in eye with your enemy for several seconds/minutes using just just a blade and your skill, and you get finally killed - no matter whether its your own fault (90%) or a "cheesy" move or lag -
just creates a lot more emotion(also frustration?) than getting shot in a fraction of a second by an oponent you could hardly see on your screen.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 12:56 PM
Buddy I don't know what game you're playing but it's not for honor, nobody throws an attack unless it's from a GB, you can't actually use the combat system cuz your opponent will just wait for you to attack so they can react to it with nothing beyond a parry or a dodge so they can land yet another free heavy from a GB, Ubisoft had a good idea with this game and they even manage to nab a brilliant 3rd party combat system (Ubisoft did not design the combat system they just payed for It and added there own spin which is why so many things are wrong) but as always they try to be clever and outgoing and as per usual they **** it up, it would help if they actually tested the game but they're just happy to leave the testing to us and take the money which is why every patch they do breaks something else and they take an age to fix it because they don't test anything so they don't know until we bring it up and then they don't care what we have to say, the corrupt ****heads

Vakris_One
10-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Pretty sure Ubisoft Montreal designed the Art of Battle combat system. It wasn't designed by a 3rd party, it was designed originally by Ubi Montreal and they own the patent and IP rights for the system they created.

Anyway as to the topic of the OP; without a doubt I can say that in my long history of online gaming I've never seen as much toxicity and pettiness as I see in For Honor's playerbase and from the general community on this forum especially but also others. All of the PvP games I've played combined do not reach the level of toxicity that I've had the displeasure of witnessing personally and otherwise via For Honor.

If I were to hazard a guess as to why this is I would say that, as others have mentioned, it's a combination of ingredients all coming together to create the perfect storm of salt, pettyness and loathing.
1) The general unbalanced state of the game and how long it takes for the devs to even acknowledge the major balancing issues in the first place let alone come out with an ETA for a patch.

2) The sheer volume of spammy and/or cheesy moves that are allowed for and even built into most of the heroes kits.

3) The overpowered feats in 4v4s which completely bypass the normal fighting mechanics but not in an enjoyable way like say Injustice League's high damage level transitions. In essence this is the problem of For Honor trying to be both a competitive skill based fighter and a casual character matchup based MOBA, which ends up clashing with each other at almost the fundamental level. You can't have a skill based game that has easy to use one hit kill feats as well as characters that are head and shoulders above others and thus the character you pick vs your opponent's character ends up carrying the match for you rather than the players skill being the main determining factor.

It pisses off everyone who wants a competitive skill based fighter because they either have to conform to playing the very few top of the meta heroes or they have to play ultra safe and cheesy and frustratingly boringly with an underpowered hero. On the flip side of that coin the more casual players who just want a casual experience get pissed off when they meet someone they can't one shot or spam to death because the game does an extremely poor job of encouraging players to develope their skill and move away from wanting easy wins with minimal effort.

4) The generally insecure and small ego types who hinge their real life self esteem on a video game. These types populate every PvP game so it's not unique to For Honor but for whatever reason this game does seem to attract a disproportionately large number of them even by comparison to other PvP games.

5) The moderation on this forum in particular is beyond sub par and contributes to the toxic environment that only serves to chase away the best of the community. There are no punishments at all and hardly even warnings for toxic behaviour, even when it is a blatant breach of their own forum's code of conduct. There is no effort whatsoever put into encouraging a healthier or more amicable community on this forum like when UbiNoty was here and thus only the toxicity remains and feeds off of itself as the moderators are all missing in action.

My 2 cents worth.

DefiledDragon
10-11-2018, 02:55 PM
I think the game is designed to be a salt mine, especially in 4 v 4's where the maps actually change to incorporate cheesy one shot opportunities and we have wtf OP feats. The fact that there are members of the roster that are superior to the others in every measurable sense is a gift to salt miners but serves only to irritate and frustrate people looking for a skill based PvP experience. It's likely that this causes the salt miners to stick around and the more fair minded players to seek diversion elsewhere, leaving the game with a disproportionate ratio of salt miners to regular players.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 03:11 PM
I just don't get why people can't play the game just for fun, I've never in the near 2 years I've played this game ever once sent anyone hate mail, I've been annoyed at the points I've mentioned before but I've never gone out my way to upset another player even if they play with the intent to upset me, what do people gane?

Hormly
10-11-2018, 05:15 PM
1) the game is highly competitive
2) the game is incredibly and unapologetically cheap, cheesy, and unbalanced.

Here is a formula for extreme toxicity

yfkutfui
10-11-2018, 05:37 PM
I have to admit i have sent hate mail and i feel so ashamed of myself about 5 minutes later, it so frickin pathetic and i just don't even know how to explain myself? really i don't? but i certainly wont excuse it, its totally out of order.

im just like " WTF is wrong with me?" im acting like a petulant child throwing a tantrum, this is video game for Gods sake i wouldn't dream of talking to some one this way in real life why do i do it here?

ive actually sent a follow up mail apologizing? i don't know? getting ganked and them emoted over? Thanks wow wow etc it just triggers me so much? i' am better since the gave us the ability to turn off chat. and i sometimes i decide to just turn off and leave the game when i fell my blood rising, 2 minutes later your like so what?

anyway confessions of Penitent FH player over.

Helnekromancer
10-12-2018, 02:17 AM
Dude I've played plenty of Competitve games and still play League of Legends but not even League would stoop so low as to add a literal salt emote into it's game.
Like what the hell, you are just encouraging toxic behavior in your playerbase.

This game has a combinations of several problems (Both major and minor) that never gets fixed or takes too long to fix that get's louder and louder each month.

-Separate patches for console and Pc
-Console 60fps
-Broken Feats
-Broken Heroes
-High Latency
-Revenge
-Steel Burning
-Useless Salvage
-Bad Matchmaking
-Glitches

I'm sure I've miss some but this is what I mostly see on the this Forum and on the For Honor subreddit.
You put all these problems together and sit in it for over a year and even the calmest person will throw their controller at the screen.

Blitzwarrior771
10-12-2018, 02:35 AM
Is not because of skills thatís for sure .

ArchDukeInstinct
10-12-2018, 03:07 AM
Why is this game full to brim of disturbed, upset people? Like I receive hate mail after every match and all anyone ever wants to do is cause grief to others as I just want to know what about this game is so appealing to the mentally deranged?, if you load this game up and your first thoughts are "how can I upset someone today" then you've got a problem, though a small amount but there are some decent humans who play this game for the fun of it but like the snow leopard they are rare

Just take their butt hurt as an extra W in the book.

Sweaty_Sock
10-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Its part of most competitive games - called the 'valley of the trolls'

Step 1 - noob 'oh wow this is all new'
Step 2 (after some wins) - im good at this but that move is just &*^#
Step 3 - I know where i went wrong there

Sadly alot of players in competitive games get trapped in step 2 (the valley), refusing to accept or learn how/where they went wrong and looking to blame someone/something instead (much easier than improving or accepting that you just cant beat x character with y move). These people also tend to adopt the most OP/broken tactics as its their only way to enhance their gameplay (kinda like some subpar athletes use drugs) then taunt when they win