PDA

View Full Version : Any one know why?

Revan-Risinger
10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I have searched, and found no answers. Does anyone know ?why? Brotherhood has been delayed on PC. I thought it was because they were having grapic problems. The problem is, that they had that problem last game. You would think that Ubisoft would have prepared for it. Im not sure. Does any one know??

Revan-Risinger
10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
I have searched, and found no answers. Does anyone know ?why? Brotherhood has been delayed on PC. I thought it was because they were having grapic problems. The problem is, that they had that problem last game. You would think that Ubisoft would have prepared for it. Im not sure. Does any one know??

davo1270
10-07-2010, 12:50 AM
Converting ACB from the PS3 to the XBOX or vice versa is easy due to the fact that the consoles controllers have the same buttons but the PC's controls are different because there is no controller so it would take more time for the developers to make the PC's controls.

I might be wrong but this is my opinion for why they are delaying it for the PC.

phil.llllll
10-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Somehow I don't think that's the reason...

Decan.Dk
10-07-2010, 02:08 AM
It has nothing to do with converting the game.
Takes them no time to make it fit a new platform.
The reason is like with almost 90% of games,
that consoles have a higher priority then PC.
Sony and Microsoft are paying for this,
so people feels the need to buy a console to get the games sooner, and not "lag behind" other gamers.

Peace out, Decan

davo1270
10-07-2010, 02:32 AM
I guess im wrong then, so it's because of the issue of supply and demand?

me44888
10-07-2010, 02:49 AM
Plus they are afraid of piracy... They want to make a profit before they release it on the PC, because they know that if they release it at the same day as the consoles, they will make less profit... CURSES!

Decan.Dk
10-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Devo1270, no...
me44888, yes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GarethNelson
10-07-2010, 06:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
Converting ACB from the PS3 to the XBOX or vice versa is easy due to the fact that the consoles controllers have the same buttons but the PC's controls are different because there is no controller so it would take more time for the developers to make the PC's controls.

I might be wrong but this is my opinion for why they are delaying it for the PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way more differences than just the control scheme.

I've went over this before, but there's different rendering APIs, different approaches to multicore/multithreading (SPU? Multicore? CUDA?), different storage schemes, different filesystem APIs, different everything basically.

And there's QA - on PC this is much much more complex due to the tons of different configurations out there.

extrememuffin
10-07-2010, 08:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DecanAndersen:
It has nothing to do with converting the game.
Takes them no time to make it fit a new platform.
The reason is like with almost 90% of games,
that consoles have a higher priority then PC.
Sony and Microsoft are paying for this,
so people feels the need to buy a console to get the games sooner, and not "lag behind" other gamers.

Peace out, Decan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
sony and microsft are not paying Ubisoft to delay the PC release. there are techincal reasons ase to why it takes longer to make the game on the PC due to all the different possibilties in settings. see above post for more detail.

GarethNelson
10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
That's actually a more funny conspiracy theory than any of the templar-related ones.

Sony and Microsoft paying developers to delay PC ports of their games in secret - that makes sense.

Because of course, Sony and Microsoft aren't commercial entities interested in profit and thus will not strive to cut their costs.

I'm also NEVER sarcastic.

AubreyWilborn
10-08-2010, 08:45 PM
Ubisoft is delaying the PC version because they're afraid of piracy by commited by us PC gamers. Little do they know that they are not preventing piracy, and they may even be encouraging.

It is a terrible move by Ubisoft, but...what can we do about it?