PDA

View Full Version : Kensei 4th feat unblockable attacks

Legendarydanish
10-10-2018, 08:18 PM
This is one of the prime examples of how Ubisoft don't know how to spearhead a ballanced multiplayer experience, the fact that one character has an ability that makes literally every attack unblockable is actually ridiculous, now I love kensei but even I know that it's silly that he alone has that feat, either everyone should have it or no one but while he's got that he's got a game breaking ability that drastically unbalances the experience

Muitcha-melodia
10-10-2018, 09:17 PM
You can parry or run away. It is strong, but not as the catapult or the highlander 4th feat.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Well I think it's going away with the perk system when I watched toeknee YouTube on perks I don't think I saw it

Legendarydanish
10-10-2018, 10:01 PM
That'll be a good step towards balancing the game out

Legendarydanish
10-10-2018, 10:04 PM
The catapult is ridiculous I'll agree but you can't justify one character having an ability to make every attack he throws unblockable, with his soft fainting rework parrying his light spam isn't easy and in a gank its a death sentence, it's not alone in the list of stupid feats but it's very high up on that list

Archaelion
10-10-2018, 10:07 PM
theres a reason its the 4th feat. it's supposed to be imbalanced. just like the catapult that 1 shots everyone. At least you can parry unblockables. Can't parry a mother f*n catapult.

Scrubnubloard
10-10-2018, 10:23 PM
theres a reason its the 4th feat. it's supposed to be imbalanced. just like the catapult that 1 shots everyone. At least you can parry unblockables. Can't parry a mother f*n catapult.

You can roll out of the way of the catapult. But just like the unblockable feet it's hard to do just on reflex.

Blitzwarrior771
10-10-2018, 10:31 PM
stfu and play kensei if you think is good .

Blitzwarrior771
10-10-2018, 10:34 PM
The catapult is ridiculous I'll agree but you can't justify one character having an ability to make every attack he throws unblockable, with his soft fainting rework parrying his light spam isn't easy and in a gank its a death sentence, it's not alone in the list of stupid feats but it's very high up on that list

Every second ? How long you think it last ? Itís like 10 second attack with huge cooldown and you get it late in the game , beside every character got itís called revenge mode .

yfkutfui
10-10-2018, 10:51 PM
You want to talk about Ridiculous?

never mind a Lvl 4 feat that you might not even get to, how about a mobile lvl 1 feat for the king of light spam that drains all opponents stamina within a certain radius and re-charges in 20 seconds? or a passive Lvl two feat that gives per-ma-revenge to dual axe wielding nightmares? yes the Unblockable might be tough but there are sooo many more that need looking at way more urgently.

also if Arrow storm wasn't literally the worst lvl 4 feat ever the Kensei might pick something else. that Biatch is more likely to kill you and all your team than the enemy its that unpredictable and unreliable

Charmzzz
10-11-2018, 07:33 AM
It will receive a Nerf in the next Update, but it will stay.

SangLong524
10-11-2018, 07:52 AM
i kill alot of shrubs with this.
Strangely, even my lights get parried when fighting people who knows what to do.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 08:49 AM

Well, first it gonna be reduced as almost any others feats considered very strong in the game.

But, this is not worst than an assassins with Sharped blade or debuff zone etc And at least, it requires to fight if you want to kill, not as all the bombs, fire, catapult, arrows, spears etc which can allow you a triple kill without doing a thing.

And, Just to correct you, Kensei can't spam light.. You can have troubles with his mix-up, but Kensei has nothing to do with a Spammy char.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 09:13 AM
The feats throughout the game don't make sense and are unbalanced to be sure but that doesn't mean that kensei should have such an unbalanced ability, I'm saying that either everyone should have it or no one as it'll be a start towards evening out this ****storm of a game

SangLong524
10-11-2018, 09:19 AM
The feats throughout the game don't make sense and are unbalanced to be sure but that doesn't mean that kensei should have such an unbalanced ability, I'm saying that either everyone should have it or no one as it'll be a start towards evening out this ****storm of a game

And i want sharpened blade for shaman. Bomb bag for my warden.

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 09:20 AM
You can spam lights with him If you soft faint them from heavies in different directions and you can abuse his zone while its active to devastating effect, just because Ubisoft are mentally challenged and can't think of fair effective feats for all doesn't mean he gets the right to negate blocking for however long

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 09:27 AM
I do agree with how sharpen blades and a debuff and all the bombs taint the game, personally the game would be much better off with full sets of decent varying passive feats to stop it from becoming ranged game where you'll have people throw three explosives at once to avoid combat, I can't even begin to list all the things wrong with this game xD

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 09:51 AM
You can spam lights with him If you soft faint them from heavies in different directions and you can abuse his zone while its active to devastating effect, just because Ubisoft are mentally challenged and can't think of fair effective feats for all doesn't mean he gets the right to negate blocking for however long

Well, as he doesn't have an infinite Chain as Musha, you can't call a feint a Spam.. You can spam Roch, PK and Shino lights for exemple, but not Kensei ones. First, opening side light of Kensei are a free parry, only the top one is safe. You can't land a second light it is almost always parried or deflect. And if you do a light softfeint more than two times you gonna be parried as well.

At least at my skills bracket.

About the Zone, well this is a Zone attack so you can't do it more than 2 times straight without beiing OOS. So no spam again.

Sorry but Kensei has nothing to do with Spam mech.

I do agree with how sharpen blades and a debuff and all the bombs taint the game, personally the game would be much better off with full sets of decent varying passive feats to stop it from becoming ranged game where you'll have people throw three explosives at once to avoid combat, I can't even begin to list all the things wrong with this game xD

I agree with you on this. I would sign right now for passive feats !

Legendarydanish
10-11-2018, 10:09 AM
Very constructive this was thank you, thinking on it it's really not the biggest issue this game has and you can counter it if you're not daft about it (which I nearly always am), a new set redesigned passive feats would have a much more positive effect to the game and would result in some really good fights

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Very constructive this was thank you, thinking on it it's really not the biggest issue this game has and you can counter it if you're not daft about it (which I nearly always am), a new set redesigned passive feats would have a much more positive effect to the game and would result in some really good fights

Welcome ;)

Passive feats are the kind of things which would allow as you say more interesting fights and would put the game closer to what he is intended to be, a fighting game.

Marching Fire Char gonna have a lot of passive feats so i think Ubi took the right direction on this.

That, plus the new perks system who gonna nerf a bit revenge gonna be very good for the game. New maps looks to have less holes etc and then less ledges which i like too.

BTTrinity
10-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Is running away from the slowest character in the game really that hard?

This is a prime example of how a 4th tier feat should operate, Catapult is problematic, not this.

EDIT:
It will receive a Nerf in the next Update, but it will stay.

Really? Is Cata getting one too? :D

Specialkha
10-11-2018, 01:25 PM
More or less, you have like 3 sec to get out of the zone in marching fire.

Siegfried-Z
10-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Is running away from the slowest character in the game really that hard?

This is a prime example of how a 4th tier feat should operate, Catapult is problematic, not this.

EDIT:

Really? Is Cata getting one too? :D

Lots of Feats are going to be nerfed. In terms of duration and coodown for things like Kensei 4th or sharpen blade, debuff zone etc and in terms of dmg and activation time for Catapult, Spears etc