PDA

View Full Version : Demo - drm_dyndata.dll and license error

toddrabbit
09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I downloaded the Myst V demo and played it four or five times, then started getting an error after firing it up and clicking Play -

===
The application or DLL C:\{...}/drm_dyndata.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
===

I OK this twenty-one times, then I get 2 errormsgs about not being able to write license data. This is a free demo, so I'm not sure how license data or an installation diskette figure into it. - Anyhow I can't run the demo anymore, and it useta work just fine. I haven't changed my machine or installed anything lately except the demo.

Ubisoft support was *terribly* helpful. Jason told me the demo is unsupported, and presented "as is", and I should check the forums. I have, and maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen this particular issue here.

I'm on XP Pro, 2.8 Ghz, 1G ram. Scans clean for spyware and viruses (touch wood). No other probs with the box.

Anybody else seen this?

toddrabbit
09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I downloaded the Myst V demo and played it four or five times, then started getting an error after firing it up and clicking Play -

===
The application or DLL C:\{...}/drm_dyndata.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.
===

I OK this twenty-one times, then I get 2 errormsgs about not being able to write license data. This is a free demo, so I'm not sure how license data or an installation diskette figure into it. - Anyhow I can't run the demo anymore, and it useta work just fine. I haven't changed my machine or installed anything lately except the demo.

Ubisoft support was *terribly* helpful. Jason told me the demo is unsupported, and presented "as is", and I should check the forums. I have, and maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen this particular issue here.

I'm on XP Pro, 2.8 Ghz, 1G ram. Scans clean for spyware and viruses (touch wood). No other probs with the box.

Anybody else seen this?

maztec
09-22-2005, 03:19 PM
That's a new one..

You try uninstalling and reinstalling?

toddrabbit
09-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Oops, forgot to mention that - yes I did uninstall and reinstall. I'm gonna buy it this weekend and I'm guessing (hoping) this problem will go away then ... So nobody's seen this one, huh?