PDA

View Full Version : No Multiplayer Games?

Nepharis
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
hi guys!

Am I the only one who has problems with connection to multiplayer games? i've bought the game yesterday, and so far i managed to play one coop game after hours of trying to find one. i know that my firewall is not blocking anything (i checked multiple times). thanks for any feedback =]] cheers

Nepharis
04-30-2010, 12:26 PM
hi guys!

Am I the only one who has problems with connection to multiplayer games? i've bought the game yesterday, and so far i managed to play one coop game after hours of trying to find one. i know that my firewall is not blocking anything (i checked multiple times). thanks for any feedback =]] cheers

rogue_hart
04-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm in the uk. I've been playing for about 3 hours and played 3 people. So it's about 50 /50 between waiting and playing...

InfamousRed
04-30-2010, 12:51 PM
I have the same exact problem trying to find multiplayer games. I spent a lot of time yesterday searching multiple times on every game mode and I was only able to connect on two "hunter" mode games. Voice chat would be sweet here....So my record is something like 1/50 for actually connecting to a game and only if I want to play hunter.

Nepharis
04-30-2010, 03:44 PM
i hope that ubi will fix this in the upcoming patch (if there is one). Right now i'm forced to use tunngle and hamachi to play multiplayer games...

Slash_Wolf
04-30-2010, 04:09 PM
How do I use hamachi for it? Someone give me link to download aswel and a short guide please.

sam2000_290
04-30-2010, 04:16 PM
Best way to play is to have private matches. Add a couple of people and play privately with them. That's what I do. MP is fun! Add me if you wanna play with me. If I do action, that means I just want a quick game and I don't have too much time to play. When I do stealth, it means I have the time. Add me, it's the same as my username. sam2000_290. See u all online!

Slash_Wolf
04-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Sam, I'm unable to invite my friends. If I invite them it doesn't work because they or me get the same error: The server is not responding any more
or something like that

Netherheim
04-30-2010, 05:53 PM
It is the same as Slash_Wolf for me. Private match invites get the same server error.

Out of the many times I have tried to use matchmaking, I have only played 1 game, even then, his game crashed on the first chapter.

Nepharis
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
slash_wolf you can use hamachi, but go for tunngle instead it set everything up for you (use google to find it). As for those of you who would like to add me to your uplay list please feel free to do so. =] See you online xD

ashkmn
05-01-2010, 03:43 AM
I have this problem too. When it will be fixed? Next week or next year?

Slash_Wolf
05-01-2010, 05:08 AM
I downloaded tunngle and it created an adapter or something... But how do I use this furhter to play? Please give me instructions.

Slash_Wolf
05-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Guys please?

Ashrien
05-01-2010, 06:18 AM
I found a fantastic alternative to the whole communication issue.

Simply manually add the game to Steam, and launch from within steam (add gu.exe as the game's launch file, not conviction_game.exe, else the updater won't ever run) and play with friends from there.

The Steam client still functions -perfectly- in Conviction (shift-tab to bring up Steam for friends, communication) and it has native support for 'Voice Calling'.

As far as match making, search through the forums, there's a whole load of ports that need to be forwarded for it to function properly, other than that though, I haven't had any issues finding a Co-Op game.

Longest I've had to wait, personally, was about 10 minutes. Most games are found (albeit with ******ed players that haven't upgraded anything) within 30-40 seconds.

(You could also try setting yourself DMZ thereby avoiding any port-forwarding issues.
Consult your router's documentation or contact the manufacturer for information on how to accomplish this if necessary.)

Possut
05-01-2010, 06:36 AM
I've started to find players now and then, but I still can't get myself to www.splintercell.com/match.. (http://www.splintercell.com/match..). I have no idea why...

Anyways, add me (Possut) as friend. As someone said earlier, the more the marrier.

ebruines
05-01-2010, 07:00 AM
The multiplayer is really bad. I need to be able to play one match, at least. Co-op requires 1 more person, and if no matches can be found, that either means NO-ONE wants to play coop, or the thing is screwed up.

Either way, the multiplayer is bad, and the campaign is too short.
I hope they manage to get Splinter Cell back onto my list of favo games... :-(

rogue_hart
05-01-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm currently waiting to play face off. It's mid day on a saturday. Surely someone else is online in europe and about to play...

flexiverkouwe
05-01-2010, 07:45 AM
please add me "flexiverkouwe" i want to play coop story on normal, I'm from Belgium and I speak dutch and english

lorcaclan01
05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi new to the game.

Played last night on coop, and added a friend.

Is there any way of seeing if that person is online, or how to get to play on the same server as them.

Also please add me if you wish for multiplay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

See you on the field soon

TheRog
05-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm having the same problem.

Can't find any MP matches.
And last night me and a friend tried for over an hour to play a private match. It just didn't work...

Nepharis
05-01-2010, 11:53 AM
@ Slash_Wolf tunngle is a VPN software, meaning it creates a virtual network (something like lan but through the internet) to use tunngle for playing multiplayer games

fallow these 10 simple steps:

1. you need to install it

2. you need to register a free account to log in to tunngle

3. after you log in tunngle will automatically open ports for you and set everything you need to play games through it.

4. after you've logged in you can see a list on the left, select Shooter genere, after that you'll see video game titles on the right and amount of players that are currently playing, search for splinter cell conviction.

5. after you find it 2x click on the tiltle so you can enter the room.

6. congratulations now you are in the splinter cell conviction lan lobby, you can talk to people if you want and arrange a match/game.

7. now with tunngle still opened run SCC.

8. Select multiplayer and then select LAN, if you don't see any games don't worry just create a room and tell people on tunngle to join it...

9. wait few seconds for a person to join (it usually takes about 10 sec to find someone)

10. run the game and have fun xD

i hope it helped.

As for the matchmaking system, well i have my ports open and i still have problems with finding games through uplay... like i said invite option works well but matchmaking not so much...

downwire666
05-04-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes, yes everyone but you are forgetting, people SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE HAMATCHI ETC because they BOUGHT IT and IT SHOULD FRIGGIN WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 01:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by downwire666:
Yes, yes everyone but you are forgetting, people SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE HAMATCHI ETC because they BOUGHT IT and IT SHOULD FRIGGIN WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Settle down.

Arius047
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm using Hamachi, and it doesnt work for me.
Is Ubi even going to fix this? So much for an official statement...

mass_destroyer
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
FOR ALL WITH THE PROBLEM WITH CONNECTION

DO THIS :

- TURN OFF ALL FIREWALL SUPORT in Windows

AND IT WORKS WITH INVITES 1000000 % !

UPlayer_99
05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mass_destroyer:
- TURN OFF ALL FIREWALL SUPORT in Windows

AND IT WORKS WITH INVITES 1000000 % ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For real? I would never disable my firewall, leaving my system vulnerable. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif I already did everything that should be necessary:

- added the game as firewall exception (no ports are scanned / blocked)
- added the game as anti-virus-exception (no processes / no files are scanned / blocked)
- opened all the ports who where mentioned in another topic

But it still doesn't work!

Nepharis
05-04-2010, 02:46 PM
there's still a problem with invites from time to time, cuz even if someone invites me to play i recieve a message that i cannot connect to the server bla bla bla... ubi needs to patch this sh!t up and fast...

btw a litte off topic here i would like to thank everyone who have add me to his friends list, and sorry if i'm not very responsive i'm trying my best to play with you all (i wish this game to have some txt communication, so i could respond to your invites...) if anyone uses steam and would like to add me please feel free

My steam: Nepharis (well duuuh xD)

cheers!! =]

david_c888
05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
To all those thats trying to invite me into your game, its not working due to server connection problem , Ubisoft needs to fix this quick because its really annoying how we spend money on buying this game and its a faulty product.

Anyways ill keep trying, Add me if you want to play : david_c888