PDA

View Full Version : Stun is broken

Exportz
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I been playing since the update(dec5) and To me , It seem that stun is broken badly . I walk behind person to stun them and they toss me over there shoulder and kill me . I smoke them then stun them and it didnt work at all . They killed me . I walk up in front of them and hit the stun and the animation for stun goes to work then cut out and they pull a knife and kill me . I havent got a stun in 5 game and over 7 tries . Never had this problem before the patch or update .

Exportz
12-05-2010, 08:49 PM
I been playing since the update(dec5) and To me , It seem that stun is broken badly . I walk behind person to stun them and they toss me over there shoulder and kill me . I smoke them then stun them and it didnt work at all . They killed me . I walk up in front of them and hit the stun and the animation for stun goes to work then cut out and they pull a knife and kill me . I havent got a stun in 5 game and over 7 tries . Never had this problem before the patch or update .

Sefragus129
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Same, there is a counter for stuns. I don't know what it is.

davo1270
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sefragus129:
Same, there is a counter for stuns. I don't know what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the whole point of a stun is to unexpectedly attack a pursuer, u cannot runn around hoping to find ur pursuer and stun him, but im sure u dont do that

technically the "assassination" overpowers the "stun", and that is what a counter stun is

when u run to ur pursuer and try to stun him, and half a second later he presses the assassination button, the assassination will overpower and counter ur stun killing u and giving all the points to your pursuer

Exportz
12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
Seem too easy! like unfair

Exportz
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo1270:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sefragus129:
Same, there is a counter for stuns. I don't know what it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the whole point of a stun is to unexpectedly attack a pursuer, u cannot runn around hoping to find ur pursuer and stun him, but im sure u dont do that

technically the "assassination" overpowers the "stun", and that is what a counter stun is

when u run to ur pursuer and try to stun him, and half a second later he presses the assassination button, the assassination will overpower and counter ur stun killing u and giving all the points to your pursuer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They dont expected it .. seem to slow down to give them time to hit the kill button which is dumb. they mess it up with this patch .

EzioAssassin51
12-05-2010, 10:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Exportz:
They dont expected it .. seem to slow down to give them time to hit the kill button which is dumb. they mess it up with this patch . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably just notice you just before you're about to do it, because if they push the assassinate button at the same time or even a split second before, the assassinate will overpower.

A good notification of whether or not you're successful before you die is...

If you stunned them it will say stun, even before you're done punching them. If it doesn't, then you're dead.

Also, your problem of the failed attempts is likely to have been caused by Lag, where it doesn't have you stunning them for a split second, where they can assassinate you...

MilsurpShooter
12-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Stuns work? Lol yeah I've never actually managed to pull off a stun yet no matter how hard I've tried.

BiGBoYArEs
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
TBH "stun" should overpower the "assassination." Heres why:
If a person who is hunting a target chooses to sacrifice his position by running up to his target, the person should be able to defend himself, without having to rely on the slight chance Smoke Bomb might work. The point of assassinating someone is to do it discretely. If someone sneaks up behind you and kills you, well thats good for them they deserve it. But if some idiot is running around, and it is completely obvious hes coming for you, you should have every rite to stun him. The hunted shouldn't be penalized, because the hunter wants to be an idiot and go for the quick kill, thats almost impossible to avoid.

KillieLad
12-06-2010, 11:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BiGBoYArEs:
TBH "stun" should overpower the "assassination." Heres why:
If a person who is hunting a target chooses to sacrifice his position by running up to his target, the person should be able to defend himself, without having to rely on the slight chance Smoke Bomb might work. The point of assassinating someone is to do it discretely. If someone sneaks up behind you and kills you, well thats good for them they deserve it. But if some idiot is running around, and it is completely obvious hes coming for you, you should have every rite to stun him. The hunted shouldn't be penalized, because the hunter wants to be an idiot and go for the quick kill, thats almost impossible to avoid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree with your post EXCEPT from the fact stun should overpower assassinate where i think whoever makes the move first should be awarded with the stun/kill. Theres nothing more annoying than watching some 'assassin' pacing about you when your in a group waiting for his firecrackers/TV to regenerate but theres nothing you can do because if you run = dead stun = counter = dead. The whole point of being an assassin is that nobody knows you are there not about being quick to react to a punch you deserved for being so obvious in the first place

SolidSnakeMat
12-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Okay tell me the logic in this and this really got me angry.

Okay I used charge to try to kill them but they used charge at the same time and stun me. This happen about 3-4 times. Only when they charge at me while I'm charging otherwise it works. Now..... The next round. I saw the guy use charge so I used it too thinking it work guess what.... He countered my charge. This has happen 5-7 times now. So what the hell is this?