PDA

View Full Version : Revenge Builds & the Berzerker

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 03:56 PM
it needs addressing, its basically turning these guys into supermen, they just keep on getting revenge every 2 seconds and with their uninterruptible stance they just go whaling on everyone,. they have literally no downside, i see rep one's go through entire teams just popping revenge time after time, i even tried it myself and went wrecking, its pure EZ mode, only thing you need to do is throw cancel so you become uninterruptible then just spam the **** out of dance of the blades throwing in the odd guard break to keep them on their toes, flick your lock on around so you give everyone a bit of service and voila your top of the leader boards, you hardly know the character and your top of the leader board? WTF is that if not EZ mode??

PepsiBeastin
10-09-2018, 03:59 PM
The easy solution is it makes unlocking/target swapping stop combos.

CandleInTheDark
10-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Revenge builds won't be a thing in seven days. Course we will have to see what the perks system does but they made the point that with everyone having the same revenge and no one having more or less stamina through gear things like that can be easier balanced.

The easy solution is it makes unlocking/target swapping stop combos.

One person taking on 2-4 is already at a disadvantage (and should be), what gives them a chance is the ability to target switch and make sure that if people aren't paying attention they suffer for it, especially with the likes of faster chains or the likes of Valk's side light finishers that knock people into each other or spread them to give you a breather. I don't play berserker but that would be the same kind of deal (and when you consider that they don't move or move far when in their chain then people can back off and let him run out of stamina) If a team can't take down one person who is able to target switch when they have every other advantage going for them outside of revenge which will be nerfed in the case of many players they don't deserve it being made any easier.

OoKaMi_79
10-09-2018, 06:16 PM
The problem with Berserker is that he is an assassin, he should not have armored attacks....that is for heavies and some hybrids.

Charmzzz
10-09-2018, 06:51 PM
The problem with Berserker is that he is an assassin, he should not have armored attacks....that is for heavies and some hybrids.

If that is your argument, I say: remove 500ms Lights from Heavies and Hybrids. That is for Assassins...

OoKaMi_79
10-09-2018, 07:06 PM
If that is your argument, I say: remove 500ms Lights from Heavies and Hybrids. That is for Assassins...

From heavies I agree, they should not have those.

an hybrid could have one 500ms because the nature of an hybrid is to mix the characteristics from the other classes.

Assassins should rely on speed (that we all can agree that Berserker have it) and not in armored attacks

DoctorMcBatman
10-09-2018, 07:21 PM

I get your point with this statement, but I do think there is something to be said about what makes an assassin an assassin, and what makes non-assassins non-assassins (poorly phrased, but I think you get it).

Assassins have reflex guard... which sucks. To balance that out, yes they have 500 ms lights and sometimes 400 ms attacks. They have dodge attacks and some have bleed. But many non-assassins have those things too. So, what is the trade-off that makes it worth playing an assassin? Not the guard, and fast attacks and dodge attacks are shared by many heroes on the roster.

DefiledDragon
10-09-2018, 07:35 PM
Revenge builds will no longer be a thing once Marching Fire releases.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 11:14 PM
I don't see how if shaman is their baseline they could have over thrown the ball so much with berserker. If berserker is the baseline than I can't wait till the shugoki rework he'd be a monster... But that is just wishful thinking. Hell probably get my vals treatment. 🙄

Helnekromancer
10-10-2018, 01:47 AM
Marching Fire is getting rid of all the Revenge builds but Berserker is a still and Arms flailing child that abuses super armor like no other.

Charmzzz
10-10-2018, 01:49 PM
Marching Fire is getting rid of all the Revenge builds but Berserker is a still and Arms flailing child that abuses super armor like no other.

And with all that Hyperarmor he gets nothing when the enemy turtles. ;)

Having good bashes (Warden, Conq, Valk) from neutral is much better than HA.

Wes8504
10-10-2018, 03:35 PM

I'll be interested to see how well his stam management is as well after the gear stat removal.

yfkutfui
10-10-2018, 04:24 PM
I'll be interested to see how well his stam management is as well after the gear stat removal.

good point, one i failed to make in my OP, along with the constant revenge is the infinite stamina that goes with it and damage boost, they just keep throwing no matter what you do, its a total consequence free environment for them and very very unbalanced,

they do need toning down, i think even Bz Mains must recognize that,

XJadeDragoonX
10-10-2018, 08:16 PM
No offense, but revenge gives everyone hyper armor..... so what's the point you're making? Valkyrie can pretty much do the exact same thing as berserker when in revenge. So can kensei. So can conqueror. So can anyone at all.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-10-2018, 09:11 PM
It really doesn't matter soon cuz Berzerkers revenge feat is going away

Charmzzz
10-11-2018, 07:36 AM
It really doesn't matter soon cuz Berzerkers revenge feat is going away

Where you got that from? Afaik they only nerf some Feats by adjusting cooldown and active time.

E1seNw0Lf
10-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Revenge builds won't be a thing in seven days. Course we will have to see what the perks system does but they made the point that with everyone having the same revenge and no one having more or less stamina through gear things like that can be easier balanced.

My guess here: We will face some stamina issues on certain characters - and by that I mean both extrema.

Charmzzz
10-11-2018, 09:35 AM
My guess here: We will face some stamina issues on certain characters - and by that I mean both extrema.

Maybe Gladiator will now rise!!! :D