PDA

View Full Version : some Questions :

akh1919
10-09-2018, 10:29 AM
Hello everyone

i'm new to For Honor and have some questions about it terms :

Q1 : have Combo attack and Chain attack same meaning ?

Q2 : what do Attack hit recovery , Attack miss recover , Attack regular blocked recovery mean ?

Q3 : what are the most common mistakes that people do in 1vs1/Duel ?

Illyrian_King
10-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Hello everyone

i'm new to For Honor and have some questions about it terms :

Q1 : have Combo attack and Chain attack same meaning ?

Q2 : what do Attack hit recovery , Attack miss recover , Attack regular blocked recovery mean ?

Q3 : what are the most common mistakes that people do in 1vs1/Duel ?

Hey i hope this helps you ;)

Q1: Yep ... just two terms for the same thing.

Q2: Means that after the things you listed, there is a dependingly time window, where you are still caught in a animation, where you can be guard broken, have no block, can not parry, etc.
Basically you are helpless for a short moment.
Usually this is to punish you for a missed attack or guard break attempt.

Q3: This is a broad topic, and really depends on which "liga" you play, i assume that you are new to the game, so let me mention mention a few.
*Going out of stamina
*Attacking or dodging too often during being out of stamina
*Being too aggressive or too defensive
*Always look for the environmental dangers like ledges, walls, spikes, etc

akh1919
10-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Thanks a lot dude ;)

akh1919
10-09-2018, 02:52 PM
Q4 : how to deal with un-blockable attacks ?

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Q4 : how to deal with un-blockable attacks ?

1. dodge at precise time
2. parry them

akh1919
10-10-2018, 10:05 AM
so parrying un-blockable attacks is possible but harder in comparison with normal attacks , and best way to counter them is to dodge them . did i get it right ?

i have 1 more question (sorry for too many questions xDD )

Q : whats the best timing for breaking enemy defense ?

Siegfried-Z
10-10-2018, 03:28 PM
so parrying un-blockable attacks is possible but harder in comparison with normal attacks , and best way to counter them is to dodge them . did i get it right ?

i have 1 more question (sorry for too many questions xDD )

Q : whats the best timing for breaking enemy defense ?

Hi man and welcome !

So, dodging can look to be the safest to do but, it depends. If your opponent has a decent mix-up, he can test your reaction by just canceling an UB and then feint it for GB. You have to know you can't CGB while dodging. So be careful about this trap, this is one of the first feint people learn usually.

If you're not OOS you can attempt a parry and then if the guy is feinting, feint your own parry on reaction.. you gonna arrive to do it after some efforts and practice ;)

I would recommend you to train a lot to CGB as this is the first reflex to get on point with to not get killed easly.

About the best timing.. well there are no real rule for that in my opinion.. it depends on which Char you're playing and against which Char you're fighting. Depend of the playstyle of your opponents and his Skills level.

THis is more a feeling you're getting after practising ;) My best advice to get it as fast as possible is to focus on 1 to 3 char max and Master them to begin and too get few level and times in the Arena with every Char of the roaster.

Because it helps a lot to fight a Char while you know the basics things people are doing with them :)

And, enjoy !