PDA

View Full Version : What if dominion was based on a point system like Warhammer for better balancing?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 10:19 AM
I was just thinking that we know some characters are better than others so what if the four people on the team had points they could use to pick characters. the choice of who picks first to last is random. So let say I get to pick first on the team and I pick berserker. he is a high tier character so he costs alot more. The second guy picks kensie and he costs allot meaning the 3rd and forth player have to pick from the bottom of the barrel so the third person picks warlord and the second person picks Lawbringer.
If each character was given a price it would help in balancing the teams and each new game you have a 25 precent chance of being the first to pick.
It might also help in strategy while playing with friends and make good players more inclined to play worse heros to save on points for the group. Just a thought. It might also mean you wouldn't have to balance the characters out for 4v4s. You could also make up point system bonuses and penalties. So if a team picks two vanguard the 3rd person can only be a heavy or an assassin. Or If there is like two orochis that would be a much higher cost as that would be two top tier, two assasins, and twins make it a very costly move by the 2nd picker.

The_B0G_
10-09-2018, 01:10 PM
I personally would go for this, but I'll play pretty much anyone on the roster. Ubisoft however said time after time they don't want single pick, because they don't want to dictate or restrict which characters players pick.

Hormly
10-09-2018, 02:05 PM
Does this mean I can play as thorgrim?

CandleInTheDark
10-09-2018, 06:14 PM
In my case it wouldn't affect me so much as I have six characters at rep eight, will be working on the Wu Lin which amkes it ten and intend to have eight reps in everyone if breach and arcade bring reps at a decent pace with their rewards over time played. On the flip side there are people who only play one or two characters and the devs have always said that they don't intend to restrict choice, which effectively this would, for their players. If someone wants to do this unofficially in tournaments it would be interesting to see but I don't think it should be forced on,a t the very least, the casual playerbase and can't see how it would add to any ranked 4v4.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 07:03 PM
well it would be a limited selection for the fourth and third player pick but not a Single pick at times. I was also thinking that the fourth player, if the other three players picked low tier characters and there were alot of points left over, could then choose a bottom tier and still have enough points left over to charge the minions on B. Meaning instead of normal minions you'd have the skeleton minions against normal minions making the other team work harder to capture B and they would kill off normal minions better so it's not a stale mate forcing the other team to commit to B more often.

You could get the perk system involved which would mean everyone could be a high tier character just without a few perks. Ubi wouldn't be limiting the players selection it would be the other players who do that technically then. Thanks all!

One issue I guess would be AFK players, but the system could have a timer select on it and the player could have a default character like it does now anyways sort of. The computer could make good choices for the AFK like charging the minions if points are left unused.

If good players want a challenge this would help and if bad players want an edge this would help to. Of courses it means if the bad player is the fourth player and the other members of the team used up all the points then they would get hosed and might quit. I guess mass quitting for the fourth player might become a thing at the beginning of the game.
I think gear score shouldn't be involved in the point system because people earned that and it would make the system to complicated.

I only play a few characters but they are diverse so it would effect me alot at times but it would be worth it to have a balanced system.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Does this mean I can play as thorgrim?
Lol Yes. Yes it means you could play Thorgrim.