PDA

View Full Version : BOTs suddenly became super powerful?

Kylethetrue
10-09-2018, 04:42 AM
When I get off work I don't want to get onto a game and stress out even more. I want to relax.

I used to be able to do this on For Honor. The BOTs were a little too easy but not so easy I was completely bored. I could relax and play the game get my orders done.

Every once in a while I could still go pvp and test myself. But the problem with PVP is the guardbreaks. I HATE guardbreaks. They ruin the game for me. And the guardbreak spam was the worst part of pvp.

But whatever. I still have BOTs I can enjoy fighting. Oh but wait, BOTs suddenly became super powerful. When did that happen? Was it a game update? Did I hit some player level that triggered more difficult bots?

Now I can't relax in any game more and I can't escape guard breaks. I can't fight with a cliff or spike pit ANYWHERE nearby or these annoying bots will spam guardbreaks at me till one gets through and they can instant-kill me.

I hate this. Why can't we choose BOT difficulty? It's burning me out. I hate to miss out on my medieval fun fix but I am just going to go play something else I think.

GayForShugoki
10-09-2018, 05:03 AM
You don't know pain until you verse a level 3 Orochi bot. Deflects every damn attack. Lmao.

However, you can easily cheese bots and they're great learning tools. IIRC, you get level 2 bots for dominion vs ai if you're alone. All you really have to do is basic things to kill them.

What are they doing to mess you up?

Kylethetrue
10-09-2018, 06:12 AM
Guardbreaks. Constant guardbreaks as I said in the op. They should just remove the damn things from the game

bannex19
10-09-2018, 06:17 AM
Which level bot are you upset about? Is it only in dominion? Also if you tank a bunch of pvp matches i think it affects the level of bots you get in pve. I could be wrong

Kylethetrue
10-09-2018, 03:05 PM
BOT difficulty is determined by how well you do in pvp?

HerrNein
10-09-2018, 03:27 PM
So, just going to add my two cents with this.

I am not really all that sure bots got much of a major buff. What I think it is, however, is that they did get a bit of a buff, but player mentality is trained to see [Bot] and go "Ah, this will be easy." and let their guard down a bit.

Don't get me wrong, first time I got smacked by a bot a few times I was a bit like "Is this AI or a troll with [Bot] in their username?". When I treated it accordingly, however, it was easy enough to handle.

chukblok
10-09-2018, 03:39 PM
I hear what the OP is saying. I also play AI to relax. And sometimes when I join i get smacked badly and im left wth?! other times they are so easy. i think if there are higher skilled players playing...they scale accordingly? if you are playing 4v4....but maybe practice you’re counter gb? but i feel you..

Tyrfing_.
10-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Kylethetrue - not sure whether you are actually aware that there are 3 level of bots. While 1 is quite easy lvl3 can be really challenging to fight.
The level you are facing in PvAi depends imho on your own skill level, or that of your group. If you play with really good team members, your opposing, and also you assisting, bots will be stronger (lvl 2 or 3).

In case you use the training mode, you are able to choose the bot lvl and experience the quite remarkable difference.

After a bot kills you, you can see his level on the following death screen.

Hope that was of some help.

chukblok
10-09-2018, 03:45 PM
Kylethetrue - not sure whether you are actually aware that there are 3 level of bots. While 1 is quite east lvl3 can be really challenging to fight.
The level you are facing in PvAi depends imho on your own skill level, or that of your group. If you play with really good team members, your opposing, and also you assisting, bots will be stronger (lvl 2 or 3).

In case you use the training mode, you are able to chose the bot lvl and experience the qite remarkable difference.

After a bot kills you, you can see his level on the following death screen.

Hope that was if some help.

this is what i meant...he said it better

Blitzwarrior771
10-09-2018, 05:04 PM
It just show what is the problem with this game bots are doing exactly the same as bot players who like mash the buttons . Every single attack is blocked this game is disgrace .

bannex19
10-09-2018, 07:34 PM
It just show what is the problem with this game bots are doing exactly the same as bot players who like mash the buttons . Every single attack is blocked this game is disgrace .

A disgrace to what? All other games like it? Lol. The bot ai has been slowly getting better but it has a long way to go. Idk if I'd call this game a disgrace because you can't light spam a bot down.

Blitzwarrior771
10-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Yup number one excuse you need it to block light attack and any other attacks even revenge mode . This game 10$ worth it .

bannex19
10-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say. Maybe you should try actual sentences instead of nonsense.

SangLong524
10-10-2018, 10:29 AM
where are those super bots when my teammates quit on me?!!!

Blitzwarrior771
10-10-2018, 10:48 PM
Not sure what you're trying to say. Maybe you should try actual sentences instead of nonsense.

Dikk