PDA

View Full Version : Remove all feats

HighWithEagle
10-09-2018, 12:48 AM
Exactly what the title says remove them all, everyone knows that the feats will never get balanced just remove them already.

Maxime_Qc-
10-09-2018, 01:02 AM
Yeah .. i would say leave only the passive one .. and maybe create new one too

DoctorMcBatman
10-09-2018, 01:33 AM
Can't, we need 12 seasons more of data to determine the effect of removing feats.

More seriously though, I heard they were removing feats with Marching Fire?

It is obscene that it's taken this long though. Then again, everything this development team does moves at a snail's pace.

GayForShugoki
10-09-2018, 02:24 AM
Can't, we need 12 seasons more of data to determine the effect of removing feats.

More seriously though, I heard they were removing feats with Marching Fire?

It is obscene that it's taken this long though. Then again, everything this development team does moves at a snail's pace.

Nah, removing gear stats, IIRC. Replacing it with a new system.

DoctorMcBatman
10-09-2018, 02:31 AM
Nah, removing gear stats, IIRC. Replacing it with a new system.

Seriously?!

How can they not be looking at these ridiculous feats that have been long overdue for a nerf? I'm staggered. I really thought Marching Fire was bringing significant change to feats.

Maxime_Qc-
10-09-2018, 04:19 AM
Seriously?!

How can they not be looking at these ridiculous feats that have been long overdue for a nerf? I'm staggered. I really thought Marching Fire was bringing significant change to feats.

Way too much hope toward ubisoft LOL

GayForShugoki
10-09-2018, 04:59 AM
Seriously?!

Because there's only one feat that's truly problematic and it's a Kensai only thing.

HighWithEagle
10-09-2018, 06:25 AM
Because there's only one feat that's truly problematic and it's a Kensai only thing.

Not lawbringers 4 bombs? Or the 15 seconds cooldown scream?

Helnekromancer
10-09-2018, 07:27 AM
Yes because Gear Stats is a much higher concern than the the Spear Storms and Catapults instantly killing people at breaking.

How the **** do you make a comeback at the breaking phase if you can't split up (because you'll get ganked), and you can't Group up (because some Knight will get a 4-man Catapult)?
It absolutely breaks a core part of 4v4 and they have done nothing about it.

Kensei - Unblockable feat

Lawbringer - Smuggling 3 bombs onto the battlefield

Orochi/Shinobi - Kiai + Smoke Bomb being absolute cancer

Orochi/Peacekeeper/Berserker - Sharpen Blade + Fear Itself and they are downing everyone in 2 swings

Orochi/Shinobi/Shaman - Nail Bomb instantly kills people who aren't Tanks and you can barely see it on the map

Feats are really dumb, just naming these off the top of my head.

Alustar.
10-09-2018, 12:57 PM
You guys do realize feats are being changed with marching fire, right? Catapult in particular will now have a 3s delay between cast time and activation. Fear itself no longer be a defense debuff. Just a few of the changes as some have already been made.

SangLong524
10-09-2018, 01:54 PM
*sigh* they should just add realistic mode and keep it permanent on. Then you lot can stay there and leave the rest of us who want to keep feats in peace.

OoKaMi_79
10-09-2018, 03:47 PM
You guys do realize feats are being changed with marching fire, right? Catapult in particular will now have a 3s delay between cast time and activation. Fear itself no longer be a defense debuff. Just a few of the changes as some have already been made.

Changes to cool down times won’t balance them at all. I believe they should disappear from our characters but spawn from time to time in the map where everyone can get them. The dominion from Vulcano event had a fire damage boost implemented and for me that worked and was fair enough.

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 04:20 PM
im so sick and tired of feats, they all have their cancers but here is my rogues gallery

Law-bringer - carries more bombs than a B52, WTF is that?
Orochi - Kiai -most cheap *** move in the game.
Berzerker - total joke,this guy in uninterruptible, massively mobile and does huge damage, i know lets give him a feat that guarantees he will get revenge every 3 seconds!!!!
Kinight Catapult

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-09-2018, 04:33 PM
I love my feats.

DoctorMcBatman
10-09-2018, 04:54 PM
*sigh* they should just add realistic mode and keep it permanent on. Then you lot can stay there and leave the rest of us who want to keep feats in peace.

Yup, I asked about this the very first time they had a Realistic Dominion event, a permanent hardcore mode would be great. Ubi has consistently said no to this. They probably don't want to fragment the already small player base that basically only plays regular Dominion.

Changes to cool down times won’t balance them at all. I believe they should disappear from our characters but spawn from time to time in the map where everyone can get them. The dominion from Vulcano event had a fire damage boost implemented and for me that worked and was fair enough.

I like this idea. Make it really an occasion to get a catapult or unblockable attacks or poisoned blades, etc..

Yes because Gear Stats is a much higher concern than the the Spear Storms and Catapults instantly killing people at breaking.

How the **** do you make a comeback at the breaking phase if you can't split up (because you'll get ganked), and you can't Group up (because some Knight will get a 4-man Catapult)?
It absolutely breaks a core part of 4v4 and they have done nothing about it.

Kensei - Unblockable feat

Lawbringer - Smuggling 3 bombs onto the battlefield

Orochi/Shinobi - Kiai + Smoke Bomb being absolute cancer

Orochi/Peacekeeper/Berserker - Sharpen Blade + Fear Itself and they are downing everyone in 2 swings

Orochi/Shinobi/Shaman - Nail Bomb instantly kills people who aren't Tanks and you can barely see it on the map

Feats are really dumb, just naming these off the top of my head.

Good summary. I'd add catapult and fire flask as being pretty ridiculous. Arrow storm would be worse if it wasn't a joke and was more on par with catapult, but at the moment it kills me more often than it kills enemies.

yfkutfui
10-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Yup, I asked about this the very first time they had a Realistic Dominion event, a permanent hardcore mode would be great. Ubi has consistently said no to this. They probably don't want to fragment the already small player base that basically only plays regular Dominion.

I like this idea. Make it really an occasion to get a catapult or unblockable attacks or poisoned blades, etc..

Good summary. I'd add catapult and fire flask as being pretty ridiculous. Arrow storm would be worse if it wasn't a joke and was more on par with catapult, but at the moment it kills me more often than it kills enemies.

Arrow storm -LOL!!!!!!! thanks for that, i though it was only me, that god damn thing is more unpredictable than an angry woman and just as deadly.

Helnekromancer
10-10-2018, 03:01 AM
Arrow storm -LOL!!!!!!! thanks for that, i though it was only me, that god damn thing is more unpredictable than an angry woman and just as deadly.

Yea I stopped using Arrow Storm after it dropped right on top of me for the 6th time. It's like our Archers aren't looking at who we aim at but whomever is using the Knight's Catapult is an Ace.

Arrow Storm is so bad it needs a rework, it doesn't work in this game. It's a slow *** Carpet Bomb that is so slow all enemies need to do is sidestep out the way to avoid it.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-10-2018, 06:35 AM
I hate the idea of picking up feats. I like earning feats. Hopefully the new perk system is harder to get as I usually get all my feats really quickly which is kinda lame.

Kryltic
10-10-2018, 11:51 AM
I always wondered of a "reverse reward" system would work better for feats.

So, at the start of the game everyone has the first 3 perks already unlocked. After, say 5min, perks are locked/unlocked based on how you are doing.
Players 1+2 only have the 1st feat unlocked
Players 3+4 have 1st and 2nd feats unlocked
Players 5+6 have 1st, 2nd and 3rd feats unlocked
Players 7+8 have all feats unlocked
These could be locked/unlocked every 30 seconds or immediately based on current scores.

Players classes would only determine how you easily score points. This would also help reduce the power of deathballing as you won't unlock feats by doing so, only score points. This also gives a losing team a chance to pull things back.

Roseguard_Cpt
10-10-2018, 03:31 PM
What if we made feats like story mode. You choose 2, like Second Wind, Deadly, Bounty Hunter, Flesh Wound, etc, and make things like Catapult, Fire Flask, Spear Storm, Scout random occasional map spawns. Have renown be a cooldown modifier for feats. Say I'm fighting 2v1 on a zone, use Second Wind, me contesting the zone and having multiple opponents helps me recover the feat faster, but when my allies show up it will slow down.

Jrock42_
10-10-2018, 05:40 PM
What if we made feats like story mode. You choose 2, like Second Wind, Deadly, Bounty Hunter, Flesh Wound, etc, and make things like Catapult, Fire Flask, Spear Storm, Scout random occasional map spawns. Have renown be a cooldown modifier for feats. Say I'm fighting 2v1 on a zone, use Second Wind, me contesting the zone and having multiple opponents helps me recover the feat faster, but when my allies show up it will slow down.

This needs to happen now

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-10-2018, 09:34 PM
I think Lawbringer, raider, Highlander, and shugoki should have rock steady as a natural part of their kit unless they are fighting eachother.