PDA

View Full Version : Error CE 34878-0

delpaok
10-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Hi, I tried to play the game today on ps4 and an error occured. The error is named CE 34878-0. I tried to updated the application and the system but nothing happened. I initialised the system but I am still receiving the error. Any one can help me out?

ubi--unicorn
10-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Hey delpaok! Can you try any of these steps (http://ubi.li/cpb3u) that you haven't tried yet?

delpaok
10-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Hi. I tried all the steps. I even initialised the system but nothing happened. I still reveice the error. Yesterday the game was playing. Today the error occured. The game reaches until the main menu and once I choose to continue or load game I receive the error. What else is left to do plz?

Crown Lager
10-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Had the exact same thing happen yesterday! Seems that error may be related to savegame corruption...I had to go through my saves one by one until I found one that worked (go to "Load" rather than "Continue").

Thankfully I only ended up losing about 25 minutes of progress, but still a bit worrying that so many of my saves were borked (around 5-6 of them).

delpaok
10-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Thanks For the tip. In case all my saves are corrupted I have to start over from the beginning?

Crown Lager
10-08-2018, 10:46 PM
In case all my saves are corrupted I have to start over from the beginning?

Yeah, you would :(

delpaok
10-08-2018, 10:51 PM
I found a Save that bought me back. A bit old but Its better that starting over. Thank you for the tip. How can I prevent happening again?

delpaok
10-08-2018, 11:04 PM
I found a Save that brought men back. A bit old but Its better than starting over. What can I do to prevent happening again?

Redw0lfAlpha
10-09-2018, 01:47 AM
I found a Save that brought men back. A bit old but Its better than starting over. What can I do to prevent happening again?

Just PRAY.
I had this error with Fallout 4 all the time long ago till it became unplayable.
Not saying this will happen with this game. But Odyssy has a bit an unstable feeling like it will crash anytime soon! Till far it hasn't happend to me.
Then again that error you talking about is a well known ps4 problem with a lot of games. Like i said i had it with Fallout. But i had it also with God Of War. It's tied to corrupt save date. Save as many as you can. The game has a automatic save system but also a manual save. Do it! And click load game instead of continue.
Goodluck! No one wants to lose any progress because of this stupid error.

delpaok
10-09-2018, 08:56 AM
The game is in a physical disc. Maybe this is affecting and those problems appear. The previous game I had was origins and I got it from ps store and no problems appeared.

marc5916
10-09-2018, 06:18 PM
@ delpaok

I don't think it's the fault of being a physical copy.

I own AC:O in a physical disc but i haven't seen such an error, and i almost completed the second DLC on that game. :)

As for that error, you should know that specific error is not limited to that game only.

A lot of games are crashing with an error code.

That code means that your game has just crashed, almost like a game would crash on a PC and you got a BSOD.

Some workarounds from 2K.

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/217176118--PS4-Error-Message-CE-34878-0

Sony response to the CE-34878-0 PS4 Error Code!

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/error-codes/ce-34878-0/

So at the end, could it be game related...perhaps!

And it could be related to the hardware of the PS4 to some extent with some of the games out there.

To be honest, that particular error was never actually solved from Sony and affects a lot of games.

The bad is, it happens randomly without any good reason. :)