PDA

View Full Version : Game Flickering during gameplay

Partazan
07-10-2010, 07:37 AM
My game keeps flickering during gameplay and i don't know what the problem is..
I tried lowering the detail and resolutions but it doesn't help, does any1 know how to fix this??. Much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Partazan
07-10-2010, 07:37 AM
My game keeps flickering during gameplay and i don't know what the problem is..
I tried lowering the detail and resolutions but it doesn't help, does any1 know how to fix this??. Much appreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KingDaniel0
07-10-2010, 08:08 AM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are your System Specs ? Have you done a clean/fresh install of the Video card drivers, and updated them ??

Does this 'Flickering' occur ONLY while playing this Game ?? Which Monitor are you using ?

**If the monitor also flickers, then make sure the cables are connected properly, and there is NO Magnetic interference near the Monitor (e.g. Large Speakers). You can also try changing/increasing the Refresh rate value (Hz).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Partazan
07-10-2010, 08:41 AM
System specs:
Core i7 Processor
12GB RAM
Radeon HD 5970 Graphics card
ASUS P6TD Delux Motherboard

The monitor: Acer Ferrari

And yes, the flickering only occurs during gameplay (in-game), not on the desktop nor in the main menu of the game.

I havnt updated any drivers coz it tells me i've got the latest ones...

Ya all cables are nicely connected, i also tried increasing the frame rate and it still does not work..

KingDaniel0
07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your PC specs are fine. Have you tried looking under the ATI's Control Panel/CCC (Catalyst Control Center), to make sure the settings don't conflict with any in-game Video settings ?

Just make sure All the settings under 3D section (AA, AF etc.), are first set to the 'Use application settings' option. And also 'disable' Catalyst A.I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GuZZ33
07-11-2010, 01:03 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Partazan:
System specs:
Core i7 Processor
12GB RAM
Radeon HD 5970 Graphics card
ASUS P6TD Delux Motherboard

The monitor: Acer Ferrari

i also tried increasing the frame rate and it still does not work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Can i ask you, how did you try inreasing the frame rate?.

That's a top notch gaming rig you have there mate, nice one. I use a 5970 with 10.6 aticatalyst drivers and profiles.

Do you see extreme flickering, like all over the place or just in certain areas and on certain objects when playing the game?.

Is it shadow flickering or object texture flickering?, you know, like on a gun model or a wall or any object in the game world?.

I get the occasional texture/graphic/object and shadow flickering in SC Conviction just as much as i do in most of my games, but it's not severe and a game breaking experience. My only annoying experience of flickering is in Colin Mcrae's DIRT 2 on the PC, the rocks in DIRT 2 from time to time flicker like crazy. I also have seen the odd graphic/object flickering on the XBOX 360 version of SC Conviction and so as a mate of mine too.

GuZZ33
07-11-2010, 01:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingDaniel0:
And also 'disable' Catalyst A.I. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Apparently, according to some, that will disable crossfire, so he/she will only use one of the 5970 gpu's, as a result of that the frame rate will probably go down?.