PDA

View Full Version : how about that shugoki and raider rework. oh wait lets buff warden. kek.

Archaelion
10-08-2018, 04:35 AM
^

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-08-2018, 05:10 AM
I play shugoki allot I'd rather fight the new Warden as its interesting. Shugoki is getting a rework soon enough. I stopped playing val cuz they made her into spam. I hope they don't with shugoki. I want him to be a monster and not a cheeser.

Archaelion
10-08-2018, 05:28 AM
I hope shugoki gets a combo that's not left mouse button and headbutt as 95% of the possible actions.

Sweaty_Sock
10-08-2018, 12:28 PM
I hope he just gets a move to open turtles... & a new hat :)

DappeR._.BeasT
10-08-2018, 04:25 PM
Make Shugoki fit

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-09-2018, 01:42 AM
I would make shugoki into a monster similar to berserker. Unparriable, uninteruptable, faintable lights with active hyper armor. His oni charge would count as a medium unblockable attack. He would have the fastest/highest damage/stamina intensive zone in the game with the shortest distance to combat light spammers (the one inch punch) . He would have a slow sumo belly bump/ tackle opener that causes stagger.
Also he doesn't get a health punish for his passive HA going down or if he tries DE cuz that's stupid.
He would be able to faint the belly bump into a one inch punch. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

GayForShugoki
10-09-2018, 02:22 AM
Honestly, I have so many ideas for Shuggy, but you know.

1. All his attacks hit through block, meaning you have to parry or dodge, else you’ll get hit by him.

2. His Hug has better tracking. An enemy being hit should not cause the hug to miss. Also, either have it take HP or have that stupid animation. He loses over half his HP from a missed hug.

3. His head-butt is moved to his guard break, which is a new way to start his combos.

3.1: Given a feat (tier 4) that makes his grabs not be able to be countered for 15 seconds (220s cooldown – 15s reduce on each kill/takedown).

a) GB > Heavy* > Light = A basic stun and chip.

b) GB > Heavy^ = His homerun move. Damage increases the longer you hold heavy, as does hit distance. If you hold it too long, the enemy can parry the hit.

c) GB > Light* > Light* > Heavy = I envision this one as the first light being a punch that hits the enemy back and the second being a side light that knocks the enemy away.

d) GB > Heavy* > Light* = this would be a cutscene. Same animation that he does when he bats a minion in the chest then hits them on the back with his club.

e) GB > Heavy^ > GB = head-butt, bat, hug.

f) GB > Heavy^ > GB > feint > heavy = Feints out of the hug and instead sweeps the enemy with a quick attack. Pretty much his running attack.

* Guaranteed hit, no matter what
^ Charged heavy

Most likely broken and a pain to verse, but it would be nice playing around grabs. As a counter, counterguard breaking him would chunk his stamina and open him up.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-11-2018, 04:54 AM
Honestly, I have so many ideas for Shuggy, but you know.

1. All his attacks hit through block, meaning you have to parry or dodge, else you’ll get hit by him.

2. His Hug has better tracking. An enemy being hit should not cause the hug to miss. Also, either have it take HP or have that stupid animation. He loses over half his HP from a missed hug.

3. His head-butt is moved to his guard break, which is a new way to start his combos.

3.1: Given a feat (tier 4) that makes his grabs not be able to be countered for 15 seconds (220s cooldown – 15s reduce on each kill/takedown).

a) GB > Heavy* > Light = A basic stun and chip.

b) GB > Heavy^ = His homerun move. Damage increases the longer you hold heavy, as does hit distance. If you hold it too long, the enemy can parry the hit.

c) GB > Light* > Light* > Heavy = I envision this one as the first light being a punch that hits the enemy back and the second being a side light that knocks the enemy away.

d) GB > Heavy* > Light* = this would be a cutscene. Same animation that he does when he bats a minion in the chest then hits them on the back with his club.

e) GB > Heavy^ > GB = head-butt, bat, hug.

f) GB > Heavy^ > GB > feint > heavy = Feints out of the hug and instead sweeps the enemy with a quick attack. Pretty much his running attack.

* Guaranteed hit, no matter what
^ Charged heavy

Most likely broken and a pain to verse, but it would be nice playing around grabs. As a counter, counterguard breaking him would chunk his stamina and open him up.
Yea that would be a fun monster to play. If they do decide to keep his demon ball they need to speed up the animation. I really like the idea of a big guys like hims combos centered around GB. If they redid the parry to gb Nerf only on him it would be great. As you know I mentioned having an active HA gb but everyone thinks that would make him into a god. I like shug mostly as he is now but he needs either his old kit back including parry/gb and oni charge or they need to make him into a giant unparriable slow berserker.
Instead of all his hits hitting through block they could add the trap mechanic only make it more stealthy.

DefiledDragon
10-11-2018, 04:17 PM
He needs a L-L-H a L-H-L and a L-H-H(UB) so he's not quite so predictable and a bit more interesting to play. I'm not going to talk balance because there's no point tbh, the roster will never be balanced imo, I think the best we can hope for is that they make all the heroes flexible and fun to play.

PepsiBeastin
10-11-2018, 04:37 PM
This is the theoretical shug rework I'd made.

Shugoki-
-Can combo heavies and lights in any order, similar to valkyrie.
--Comboed heavies can now be charged.
--Combo finisher heavy is unblockable and quicker than charged heavy.
--Combo finisher light stuns enemy.
--Charged heavy no longer gives a free guardbreak to a downed opponent standing up.
--Any heavy can now be soft feinted into demon's embrace with more variable timing.
-- Headbutt can be used after any comboed heavy or light, but is only guaranteed with a landed light attack, or a blocked heavy attack.
---Headbutt can now ledge, down OOS opponents, and wallsplat.
----Headbutt can now be comboed after a whiffed attack, but is not guaranteed then.
-Demons embrace slightly sped up and given better tracking, while removing 1 hit capabilities.
--Demons embrace now does healing/damage proportional to the amount of health shugoki has left. At full health, demons embrace will deal 50 damage and heal for nothing. For every 25 health Shugoki is missing, decrease demons embrace damage by 8 and increase health gained by 10. (A shugoki in critical health would deal 10 damage, and heal 50 health on demons embrace.)
--Health lost on demons embrace now 70% of damage it would have healed, reflecting Shugoki's present strength.
--Removed large recovery time on demon's embrace.
-Removed received damage bonus when hyper armor is lost.

Archaelion
10-12-2018, 01:36 AM
This is the theoretical shug rework I'd made.

Shugoki-
-Can combo heavies and lights in any order, similar to valkyrie.
--Comboed heavies can now be charged.
--Combo finisher heavy is unblockable and quicker than charged heavy.
--Combo finisher light stuns enemy.
--Charged heavy no longer gives a free guardbreak to a downed opponent standing up.
--Any heavy can now be soft feinted into demon's embrace with more variable timing.
-- Headbutt can be used after any comboed heavy or light, but is only guaranteed with a landed light attack, or a blocked heavy attack.
---Headbutt can now ledge, down OOS opponents, and wallsplat.
----Headbutt can now be comboed after a whiffed attack, but is not guaranteed then.
-Demons embrace slightly sped up and given better tracking, while removing 1 hit capabilities.
--Demons embrace now does healing/damage proportional to the amount of health shugoki has left. At full health, demons embrace will deal 50 damage and heal for nothing. For every 25 health Shugoki is missing, decrease demons embrace damage by 8 and increase health gained by 10. (A shugoki in critical health would deal 10 damage, and heal 50 health on demons embrace.)
--Health lost on demons embrace now 70% of damage it would have healed, reflecting Shugoki's present strength.
--Removed large recovery time on demon's embrace.
-Removed received damage bonus when hyper armor is lost.

Even a couple of these would be more than enough to fix shugoki. I would add another: No longer loses HA on a failed guard break. 0 counterplay. 2x damage taken.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-12-2018, 02:19 AM
The above looks good except GB to db Needs to be sped up. At the very least. Possible active HA on lights and take away his guaranteed headbutt..it would be cool if we could choose similar to how centurion chooses his punch. Either active HA on lights or a guaranteed headbutt after.
Also I'd like to see an opener of some type and a super fast one inch 👊 as his new zone that causes major bleed damage but uses nearly all of his stamina to deter spam.

The no downed HA on a counter gb should be a thing to like the other guy said.

I absolutely hate the free GB after a charged heavy that alone almost breaks shugoki right now.

Lithaleon
11-06-2018, 05:42 AM
1. More chip? Sure. Go through blocks? Ridiculous

2. No. Hug is not supposed to have better tracking. It's already free on wall splat, and is capable of one shot. If you gave it better tracking, it would just be rewarding Shugoki's for playing poorly and getting to low health. If you can't tell, I already think that it being able to one shot should not be a thing. Not because Shugoki is OP (he's obviously not) but because no mechanic like that should exist in any fighting game.

3.Sure, why not. I don't think Shugoki is really meant to be a Combo class though.

4. No. Broken. Free hug on wall splat.

5. I don't have a problem with his heavies stunning. It's a blunt weapon. Makes sense.

6. No. At that point it would be better to just buff the damage. Charging it would just give either free damage, or a free parry for the enemy. Makes no sense.

7. I think we both know that there is a reason no other characters can move someone in two different directions on 1 GB.

8. Okay? Cutscenes are kinda bad tho. They kinda just interrupt the pace of the game. Can actually screw over the user too. Being stuck in a cutscene in a teamfight?

9. No. No combo into hug. Why every Shugoki main I talk to is obsessed with buffing the hug, idk. It's not interesting. It's not even unique now that Shaman has bite.

10. THERE YOU GO. First GREAT suggestion I've seen. A feint OUT of the hug (would have to be pretty early on in animation) Would be great.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
11-06-2018, 09:54 AM
1. More chip? Sure. Go through blocks? Ridiculous

2. No. Hug is not supposed to have better tracking. It's already free on wall splat, and is capable of one shot. If you gave it better tracking, it would just be rewarding Shugoki's for playing poorly and getting to low health. If you can't tell, I already think that it being able to one shot should not be a thing. Not because Shugoki is OP (he's obviously not) but because no mechanic like that should exist in any fighting game.

3.Sure, why not. I don't think Shugoki is really meant to be a Combo class though.

4. No. Broken. Free hug on wall splat.

5. I don't have a problem with his heavies stunning. It's a blunt weapon. Makes sense.

6. No. At that point it would be better to just buff the damage. Charging it would just give either free damage, or a free parry for the enemy. Makes no sense.

7. I think we both know that there is a reason no other characters can move someone in two different directions on 1 GB.

8. Okay? Cutscenes are kinda bad tho. They kinda just interrupt the pace of the game. Can actually screw over the user too. Being stuck in a cutscene in a teamfight?

9. No. No combo into hug. Why every Shugoki main I talk to is obsessed with buffing the hug, idk. It's not interesting. It's not even unique now that Shaman has bite.

10. THERE YOU GO. First GREAT suggestion I've seen. A feint OUT of the hug (would have to be pretty early on in animation) Would be great.

What are you even talking about?

Lord_Cherubi
11-06-2018, 10:15 AM
I think all of Shugo's heavies should be AoE attacks