PDA

View Full Version : game lags and freeze

jmarin17
10-07-2018, 11:28 PM
It has happened twice already. first during the a ship came sailing, and then during the penelope's shroud. Im either running or fighting and the game starts to lag and then freezes, but I still can hear the background music. At first I thought it was my ps4, but then I saw youtube video showing the same issue.

Any help?

littleninja_27
10-08-2018, 07:47 PM
I have the same. Havenít been able to play all day because whenever I load the game up and it takes me to my player it freezes immediately, I tried rebooting the PS4, removing the disc, I even left the PS4 for 2 hours and nothing, been doing this since 7am. Nothing has fixed. Assassins creed is my fav and Iíve never had an issue before, Iím gutted :(

ubi--unicorn
10-08-2018, 08:13 PM
Hey guys, can you try these steps (http://ubi.li/cpb3u) and see if they help? If they do not, can you let me know if this is happening in a specific location?

littleninja_27
10-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Hey guys, can you try these steps (http://ubi.li/cpb3u) and see if they help? If they do not, can you let me know if this is happening in a specific location?

Hi, so Iíve tried all the steps suggested and nothing worked.

Iím Alexios, level 24. Wearing a full epic armour get up.
26hrs and 30minutes in.

I had just finished the main story quest from Xenia to get info about my mother. I then went back to Athens and did the side quest from Sokrates high horse so I could take out all the eyes of Kosmos cultist. Did that and got the trophy. Then sailed to pephka and defeated a mercenary in the arena for that trophy and then sailed to Argolis where I was just about to talk to Hippokrates for the next main quest of chapter 5.

It was maybe 1am, I did a save, waited for the save sign to stop then closed the appplication.
I was probably playing for around 9hrs in one sitting.

Whilst playing I didnít encounter any bugs, glitches or freezes.

It was just today when I tried to play I chose continue, then it loaded me in and froze immediately. I can hear audio but canít move or access map or inventory. I then tried to load an earlier save and all encountered the same issues.

I hope this Info helps to find a solution 🤓

Jeracan
10-09-2018, 06:41 AM
This game screams for an update asap.It's a fantastisk game, but that does'nt help if we can't play it.

hernandezaali
10-09-2018, 09:47 PM
I am experiencing the same issues where I will be in a the crouch position; someone with a javelin will come by and causes my game to crash. The highlighted javelin expands pass the screen. The music still plays, but I cannot move anywhere. Happens mostly at the forts and camps. I've lost several saved progress!

ubi--unicorn
10-09-2018, 10:52 PM
Thank you, I have passed this information along!

jmarin17
10-10-2018, 09:53 PM
I've been playing without an issue since monday, It just stopped for no reason, I am able to enjoy the game now

Squall_Rinoa89
12-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Still having this issue. It's Annoying and needs an update ASAP

Ryusennin
12-04-2018, 06:49 PM
As of patch 1.11, there are still many freezes/pauses when sailing or riding horse -- the "funny" thing is that you can still move the camera around your horse or your ship while the world is frozen and the game is struggling to load new data.

I spent some time yesterday around Korinth and Salamis (both on land and at sea, notably for the quest "Divine Intervention") and those loading pauses happened frequently. Apparently it's not specific to the PS4 and affects every platform, even powerful PCs.

lameusernam2018
12-04-2018, 09:59 PM
i got the game like less than a week after it came out and it lags and freezes every day, especially in enemy territory. it has been lagging when im riding or sailing this past couple days too.

Ryusennin
12-06-2018, 01:54 AM
This loading issue is really getting out of hand :(

It's hard to reproduce because it can happen anywhere anytime, but here is an example on Naxos Island.

Try to sail around the island at travel speed (max speed) and board the port of Naxos.

https://youtu.be/hvWZIZZr4y0

Ryusennin
12-06-2018, 02:10 AM
Support Ticket: 07496822

UbiSailorScout
12-08-2018, 01:35 AM
Thanks for the ticket number! Can you clarify if you have ACOD installed on an internal or external drive?

Esdential
12-09-2018, 07:35 AM
Game feeezes frequently during naval combat and one time during a conquest battle. I can still hear audio, but video frozen, but cannot move camera around like one of the other guys in this thread. Only button that works is PS, allowing me to close application. The freezing is not tied to any one location for me.

Seanfrish11
12-09-2018, 02:13 PM
I've also had issues with the game lagging and freezing, though I've more or less figured out how to resolve it. Keep in mind, this works for me, and maybe not everyone else.

So, near as I can tell, at some points the game may randomly experience issues reconciling an enemy NPC's location referenced to the environment around it i.e. a tent, pile of lumber, wall, water, etc. For me, I can tell this is happening or is about to happen when a marked enemy, which has a white outline around it when seen behind objects, suddenly seems like it's in two spots. It literally looks like the top of the enemy is in one spot, and the bottom is in another, and theres two odd white lines stretched out between and connecting the two. The game will start to lag badly and will freeze, with the audio still playing somewhat normally. Humorously enough, I always hear the sounds of an NPC getting burnt when this happens. I might hear the burning first or see the stretched NPC first.

When this happens, I start backtracking the way I came into the area, walking, running, etc through the lag until the lag stops, making sure to keep the camera pointed at the main character and the foreground directly in front of the character so as to minimize how much the game has to load directly in front of me. Once I'm clear of the lag, I hide in a Bush if necessary, and just give the game a minute or two to load while keeping the camera centered on the character and away of the vicinity where the lag started. Once I figured this out, I've been able to beat the lag and go on playing the game without any freezes.

I'm not exactly sure if this is the same lag and freeze that everyone else is experiencing, but this is what works for me. It's actually so random that it maybe happened 7 or 8 times the entire 300 hours I've put into the game, so I wouldn't consider it game breaking. I hope this helps anyone that might be having the same problem.

Ryusennin
12-09-2018, 03:30 PM
@UbiSailorScout

That was recorded on the standard internal drive, but since then I've reinstalled the game on a faster (hybrid) external drive and those streaming bugs still happen occasionally, particularly around Korinth. A good test case is traveling by horse in "auto pilot" from the port of Korinth to the port of Kechries (in front of the island of Salamis), you're bound to encounter a couple of freezes.

For info, rebuilding the database (safe mode) doesn't make a difference.

Mikiec34
12-09-2018, 04:18 PM
We are less than 20 hours into the game and have stopped playing because of these freezing issues as described by other posts in this thread, this happened multiple times last night in a span of five hours. Put in a support ticket 07518969. Bummed because this seems like a great addition to AC, but itís totally useless until a fix is presented. Disappointed.

UbiSailorScout
12-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Can you also clarify how much space you have left on your drive?

Ryusennin
12-13-2018, 04:32 PM
In my case, I have ~1 TB free on both drives.

Ryusennin
12-13-2018, 04:51 PM
I'd also like to mention this crazy situation, which happened to me yesterday.

I was infiltrating by night the Olouros fort in Achaia to kill a Cult leader entranched in his tower, and after tagging everyone around and failing to assassinate my target, half a dozen of soldiers climbed the tower to ring the alarm and fight me.

From that point, the game started to hard freeze constantly for several seconds between each blow, which rendered the whole fight impossible. During each freeze the game was obviously trying to load some new assets or textures (the loading icon was popping constantly).

To put things in perspective: Olouros is set on a high cliff dominating the coast and the city below, and the tower where the fight took place is itself dominating the fortress. During the fight I was trying to move the camera around, which didn't help the streaming performance.

xVERITECHx
12-16-2018, 04:51 PM
As of patch 1.11, there are still many freezes/pauses when sailing or riding horse -- the "funny" thing is that you can still move the camera around your horse or your ship while the world is frozen and the game is struggling to load new data.

I spent some time yesterday around Korinth and Salamis (both on land and at sea, notably for the quest "Divine Intervention") and those loading pauses happened frequently. Apparently it's not specific to the PS4 and affects every platform, even powerful PCs.

I was having this freezing issue as well. Took a break from Odyssey and went to play Origins and had the same issue on that as well. This is what makes me think it's my PS4 but since I'm not the only one having this issue it really makes me wonder

Saleheim
12-16-2018, 06:36 PM
I read about people worrying it's their PS4. I'm very certain it isn't. I did everything possible. I cleared diskspace and rebuilt my database, started the game over without gamesaves, reinstalled the game. Nothing works. This seems definately a problem with the game and I hope it has Ubisoft's attention.

xVERITECHx
12-17-2018, 03:22 PM
I read about people worrying it's their PS4. I'm very certain it isn't. I did everything possible. I cleared diskspace and rebuilt my database, started the game over without gamesaves, reinstalled the game. Nothing works. This seems definately a problem with the game and I hope it has Ubisoft's attention.

I'm now quite certain it's my PS4. Turned it on last night to play and it said "database corrupt" or something along those lines. Restarted it and it did the recompile database then when it was done and restarted it still came up "database corrupt" now it's stuck in a loop of that. If the research I've done is correct, I'm pretty sure I need a new hard drive. Luckily I transferred all my games except for two to my external HDD.