PDA

View Full Version : I want to play Raider

Kargish1
10-07-2018, 09:38 PM
But the fact that you decided to pull back his buffs, means that he'll continue to be thrash tier for yet another season. Why should Raider be the only hero in the game to not be able to punish an opponent for succesfully GB or HP someone?

ChampionRuby50g
10-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Not been able to punish someone on GB, yeah all my stamina gone and confirmed zone attack is hardly a punish.

HP? What’s that stand for.

GayForShugoki
10-08-2018, 01:17 AM
Questionable, seeing as he's top tier in Dominion.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-08-2018, 01:28 AM
I don't play raider at all but he should be left alone or buffed. Definitely not Nerfed.

Charmzzz
10-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Yeah, well, no. He is Top 3 in Dominion since Release. Stampede is one of the best ganking moves in the game. Chained unlocked Zone deals up to 70+ Damage in one swing to multiple targets.

Nerf some of the things mentioned above and then you can add something that makes him viable in Duel.

Klingentaenz3r
10-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Yeah, well, no. He is Top 3 in Dominion since Release. Stampede is one of the best ganking moves in the game. Chained unlocked Zone deals up to 70+ Damage in one swing to multiple targets.

Nerf some of the things mentioned above and then you can add something that makes him viable in Duel.

Well if we would wanna update on that. According to Setmyx who is running the official Skorbrand't Tier list on the For Honor Competitive Subreddit the landscape for dominion has shifted towards a bleed meta (or more precise shaman meta) in which all our usual top 3 S-Tiers would just be A Tier. Reason is that Shaman is in those tournament player environment apparently a must-pick and the rest of the team character choices heavily depend on her role within the game.

But of course don't misunderstand Raider and Lawbringer are still as powerful as before and have their incredible (somewhat broken) moves that make them so very good and easy to use in dominion. However, officially not S-Tier anymore since there are better synergy combos that seem to be more successful (on the higher level of play that is).

Source for anyone interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bk6y7jw2ujLrjm0Zzbb4aEZUV13gyGoy-IobrkfNgaY/edit#gid=0

Charmzzz
10-08-2018, 10:37 AM
I am talking about a more "casual" play. Who the f*ck is playing Dominion Tournaments at all anyway? ^^

Ubi specifically nerfed Nobushi and PK due to the "Bleed Team" synergy. I know that tactic is strong when coordinated mates play it, but in 99% of Dominion Matches the easy-to-use picks are much more common.

Klingentaenz3r
10-08-2018, 12:02 PM
I am talking about a more "casual" play. Who the f*ck is playing Dominion Tournaments at all anyway? ^^
Well I guess people like Clutchmeister. But don't take the term tournament too serious please. What I mainly meant by mentioning this is this kind of level (as in people who participate in tournaments and who are professional or really high skilled players)

What exactly did they nerf there? I don't recall something in that regard. But nevertheless Shaman is a very strong pick in 4v4s and even stronger of course if a pk or a nobushi is around. The great thing the bleed faction has on them (aside from other character unique trades) is also that they deal full bleed damage on external hits on which normal hits would typically only deal reduced damage (just to clearfy: I am refering here to those situations in which the opponent gets hit while he stumples, basically any situation in which he should received reduced dmg from outside sources) and thus making them great for gank scenario.

Charmzzz
10-08-2018, 12:21 PM
https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-325754-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

One of the biggest difference from the beginning of Season 5 is the Nobushi’s importance in 4v4 has decreased and Kensei became a good pick. With Nobushi’s slight nerf in S5 and the Peacekeeper changes in S6,1 we think Shaman will be in a sweet spot in 4v4. We wanted to diminish the supremacy of what we call “The Bleed Team”: Peacekeeper / Shaman / Nobushi by nerfing some of the Heroes of the team but most importantly buffing other Heroes to make them a valid pick.

And the Devs continued by nerfing PK into oblivion.

But where do those people play Dominion Tournaments? Are they really happening? Where?

When I faced Clutch, Setmyx and their friends in my "casual" Matches, they never played with this combo. I have seen it, sure, but premades with 1-2 Raiders and an LB plus Kensei are pretty common and almost unbeatable with a random team full of Assassins.

Sweaty_Sock
10-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Raider is very good, he breaks the dodge GB rules, has high damage and an OP GB stamina drain. If you said he was boring and 2d i'd agree, nerf tackle/GB, add something interesting

Siegfried-Z
10-08-2018, 02:20 PM
But the fact that you decided to pull back his buffs, means that he'll continue to be thrash tier for yet another season. Why should Raider be the only hero in the game to not be able to punish an opponent for succesfully GB or HP someone?

For some reasons others already said (stampede, zone, stam drain etc) Raider is an absolute beast in 4v4.

I'm really scared to see the day he's gonna be reworked.

Raider should first of all have his zone DMG nerfed and then, in the other hand get something to help him in 1v1 as Faster opening lights but that's all.

If he is so trash then explain me why he is the most picked char in 4v4 with a big 10,5% ? Because he is an easy win pick, that's all.

Kargish1
10-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Alright I should have said this at the beginning.
Dominion is not the point of this post. This is regarding 1v1, you know, where ranked is played out, and on there Raider is thrash.
His strength on dominion doesn’t justify his weakness in ranked.

For all I care, take away his stamina drain on carry, but bring back the GB+parry buffs so he’s not handicapped for no reason.

Charmzzz
10-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Alright I should have said this at the beginning.
Dominion is not the point of this post. This is regarding 1v1, you know, where ranked is played out, and on there Raider is thrash.
His strength on dominion doesn’t justify his weakness in ranked.

For all I care, take away his stamina drain on carry, but bring back the GB+parry buffs so he’s not handicapped for no reason.

But making him stronger in Duels will also buff him in Dominion. And buffing an already highly picked and highly rated Character even more is, well, not a good idea.