PDA

View Full Version : Is the Angry Italian worth the 15k Steel?

HerrNein
10-06-2018, 09:46 PM
So, I am mostly asking this because I did get the starter edition a few months ago and I do need to ask. Is the centurion worth the 15k steel to buy? It's still going to be a few weeks before I can buy Chinese, so contemplating buying Italian since buying Scottish only gives a bearded guy with a big sword and my ex.

UbiInsulin
10-06-2018, 10:21 PM
Is it a choice between Centurion and a Wu Lin hero? Which one/s are you looking at?

DefiledDragon
10-06-2018, 10:21 PM
I would say no, but then I'm not keen on his aesthetic (sword's a bit small for my tastes) and his kit is a bit limited. You're going to get a different opinion from everybody who answers to be fair. You might as well have said "I've never eaten calamari, should I buy some?".

I'm pretty sure you can test all the heroes in training mode. I know I could before I bought the DLC when it was on sale. You just can't use them in the actual game. Maybe it's different for the starter edition, I don't know.

bannex19
10-06-2018, 11:18 PM
Lol worth it? All heroes play differently, do you like the aesthetic? Then he's worth it. I think all the heroes are worth that if you look at them for face value. They all have unique animations, armors, weapons, emotes and voices. They all continually get stuff added (for steel of course).

From an objective standpoint the cent is a hot button hero and is probably the most likely to receive significant changes first among the older dlc heroes. So that may convince you one way or another.

bhitrock
10-07-2018, 09:56 AM
Have you tried Centurion in the training Arena? If you think you may like his play-stile, then buy him. You shouldn't care too much about a certain hero "being strong in this season", also because if you like him and you train a bit, being known as "a little underpowered" won't give you much trouble.

Knight_Raime
10-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Since you're probably unlikely to hit high level play with the game if you really like Centurion for what he is then yes.
But I wouldn't get him if you plan on getting into competitive play.
Highlander (who I assume the scottish guy you're referring to is) is a far better pick for competitive play in mind.
But he's a very hard hero to pick up. I still can't play as him.

EvoX.
10-08-2018, 12:07 AM
For anything above average skill level matches? No.

For being the most awesome hero in the game? Hell yes.

Sweaty_Sock
10-08-2018, 12:46 PM
Fast heavies.. landing them is the challenge.

The_B0G_
10-08-2018, 02:34 PM
I have cent at around rep 13 or 14, the thing I like most about him is his looks, if you can learn to play him well he can be fun, like others said only for low to mid skill level. As soon as you get up against a good turtle you are pretty useless, his kick is too slow to catch most people off guard and besides that all he has is heavys and soft feinted GBs, he can be shut down pretty easy.

Like Raime said, HL is the better pick, but he's pretty hard to get used to, I was rep 7 before I got a handle on him.