PDA

View Full Version : IL2 lags on better pc

Amid4m4ru
08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I recently bought a new pc, but since I have it IL2 works even wors than on my older pc.

have 4.09m + UP1.8 installed

computer specs:
-Windows 7 Home Edition (64 bit)
-Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6500 @2.93GHz 2.13 GHz
-4 GB RAM
-NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDMv1.1)

Hopefully you guys find an answer

Amid4m4ru
08-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I recently bought a new pc, but since I have it IL2 works even wors than on my older pc.

computer specs:
-4 GB RAM

Hopefully you guys find an answer

Xiolablu3
08-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forums, Amid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What were the specs of your older PC? We need more information. Anything relevant will help.

What you are saying is a bit like, 'Hello, I am ill, I'm a human, whats wrong with me?'

Are other games OK? What other games have you tried? Has your PC had any other problems? Was it bought from a store or did someone build it? Have you got the latest gfx card drivers? Are you using Direct X or Opengl? Have you tried both? is it slow with both?

VW-IceFire
08-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Could be a few tweaks required to get it to work better under the dual core setup where you didn't have to worry about that before.

We'll need to know where you're coming from first I think.

Duvel123
08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
What everyone above said + make sure your CPU is not overheating (and throtteling) and double check if you connected the PCI-E power connector(s) to your videocard.

BillSwagger
08-09-2010, 03:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amid4m4ru:

computer specs:
-4 GB RAM

Hopefully you guys find an answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im no pro when it comes to Nvidia, but i know that there are issues with the default settings inside the Nhancer program.
You might search under 'Nhancer and Il2' to see what comes up. i think there is box that needs to be unchecked so it runs smoother.

Then it comes down to the config.ini settings which should also be looked at.

Bill

La-5_brother_F
08-09-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry, I've just tried DirectX and it works fine now.
Sorry for the post, but thanks for helping http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
Welcome to the forums, Amid http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What were the specs of your older PC? We need more information. Anything relevant will help.

What you are saying is a bit like, 'Hello, I am ill, I'm a human, whats wrong with me?'

Are other games OK? What other games have you tried? Has your PC had any other problems? Was it bought from a store or did someone build it? Have you got the latest gfx card drivers? Are you using Direct X or Opengl? Have you tried both? is it slow with both? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

VW-IceFire
08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Glad to hear it's working. DirectX for IL-2 does not have all of the bells and whistles graphically so you may want to switch back to OpenGL and sort out the issues at some point. Just a FYI.

Xiolablu3
08-10-2010, 04:38 AM
Hi, thatnks for that, it tells us a lot.

Really you want Il2 running in Opengl , as Icefire says. Direct X is missing some of the better graphics.

Now we have narrowed the problem down to Opengl, I am sure some of the more knowledgeable folks will cvhime in and help.

One of the first thing you could try is different drivers for your graphics card.

rfxcasey
08-10-2010, 08:45 AM
+1 to the above statement. First thing you should do is go to the Nvideeeeeeea site and download the lastest detonator drives or whatever the heck they have decided to name them is decade. If dat don't work, send me your PC and I will send you a Pentium 4 2.8 I have laying around somewhere. It should run good on that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

But in all seriouscity of seriousness, See if that helps and then we can take it from there. Just make sure you uninstall the old video drivers before you install the new ones.

K_Freddie
08-10-2010, 12:27 PM
'online lag' - check your network connection/server ping

or just 'offline' jerky video refresh rate -
The GTS250m is a notebook card ???.
Are you playing on notebook ?

anyway Video ram required min 256Mb
Usually the drivers that came with the card work best - updating drivers can be problematic.

Do not overclock anything - heating problems result and cpu/gpu slowdowns occur