PDA

View Full Version : Stupid noob (me) trying to fly the Ki43.

ake109
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Errr. How do I use the gunsight?

I switch to gunsight view and it just shows a black telescope sight (like a camera with the lens cap on).

Toggle gunsight (i set it as alt-f1) doesnt do anything.

What am I supposed to do?

ake109
06-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Errr. How do I use the gunsight?

I switch to gunsight view and it just shows a black telescope sight (like a camera with the lens cap on).

Toggle gunsight (i set it as alt-f1) doesnt do anything.

What am I supposed to do?

Longpo
06-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Ctrl+D should fix that.

tigertalon
06-02-2007, 10:29 AM
After uncovering the gunsight (with Ctrl-F1 like Longpo explained), don't forget to jump to uber "gunsight view" and back to normal with Shift-F1. I am amazed how many (experienced) players don't know about this.

DKoor
06-02-2007, 10:47 AM
I just luv those 250kg's... insane bomb power.
In low alt drops I really need to watch my tail, not to get blown off by my own eggs.

After the drop, outturn anything and that would be it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif

DuxCorvan
06-02-2007, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ake109:
like a camera with the lens cap on). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that's exactly what it is. Remove the lens cap with Ctrl-D.

ytareh
06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Also you really need to learn how trim works with this plane as it defaults at a VERY nose up trim....

DKoor
06-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Ki-27 also has insane nose up trim...... it becomes much much better if user trims it down a bit.

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Its best to map Shift+F1 to your Hotas is possiblel.

LStarosta
06-02-2007, 03:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
Ki-27 also has insane nose up trim...... it becomes much much better if user trims it down a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nonsense! Then you can't outturn yourself.

Dtools4fools
06-03-2007, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nonsense! Then you can't outturn yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...
I almost got on my own tail in a Ki-27 once.
I've I would a pulled a little harder I might have been able for a quick deflection burst....

ake109
06-03-2007, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dtools4fools:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Nonsense! Then you can't outturn yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm...
I've I would a pulled a little harder I might have been able for a quick deflection burst....

***** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You noob! I managed to outclimb myself in the Ki-43 yesterday!

skarden
06-04-2007, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dtools4fools:

Hmmm...

***** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif