PDA

View Full Version : Please fix arrow storm

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-06-2018, 07:15 AM
First I locked onto someone about 15 feet away from me and it lands on me. I target a group of enemies and it misses them completely. I lock on someone standing right next to me and it kills me first. It encompassesa rectangle but Is inconsistent on which way the rectangle lands. It's a rectangle and the targeting system is a circle that it doesn't even land at the edges of so you have to guesstimate every time you use it. Please just fix it or replace it with flask. And unless you are hit with the first barge it is easy to get away from. It definitely shouldn't be a 4th feat as it barely takes out minions. Sadly it better than shugokis other 4th feats which is kinda lame. How is it fare that Ken gets unblockable and shugoki gets crap arrow storm? Should it be the other way around since shugoki can't catch people?

GayForShugoki
10-06-2018, 10:43 AM
Funnily enough, I like the feat, I just dislike how unpredictable it is. Sometimes it will land where you want it, other times the arrows will start God knows where and the enemy doesn't even have to move to avoid it. All I use it for now is to clear B.

They should make it smaller and have it act like the catapult feat, where it just rains down arrows in the area.

UbiInsulin
10-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, CRIMS0NM0NKEY. I can let the team know there's concerns about Arrow Storm's consistency.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Thank you!

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Funnily enough, I like the feat, I just dislike how unpredictable it is. Sometimes it will land where you want it, other times the arrows will start God knows where and the enemy doesn't even have to move to avoid it. All I use it for now is to clear B.

They should make it smaller and have it act like the catapult feat, where it just rains down arrows in the area.

It isn't that good at minions as it leaves the front line minions alive alot so you have to go down and finish the job anyways. And it doesn't even kill all of them that it hits. It is the best fourth feat for shugoki which is sad.

I agree. Either rain down or semi homming. I wouldnt care if it did even less damage so long as it was easier to use. It would be a really cool effect if when it rained down it blotted out the Sun for the people under the barrage.

DefiledDragon
10-06-2018, 10:26 PM
It should be like Highlanders spear storm or whatever it's called. Also, I would like to meet whoever it is that can throw a spear that far, those things drop out of orbit! I use arrow storm on my Samurai's but only as an aid to clearing B.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-06-2018, 11:33 PM
Well a fire flask can be used anywhere yet the crappy arrow storm can only be used outside which is kinda bull to

Helnekromancer
10-07-2018, 01:17 AM
The pattern in which the Feat is used just doesn't work in this game period. When you try to aim it you get a somewhat big circle but the arrows is a 4 part slow carpet bombing . The moment someone see the small red arrows they just walk out the way, because the arrows only go in one direction.The best thing you can do is try to angle it in which the first and second wave of arrows hits the targets. But the Arrows stagger the enemies so it can push them out of the way.

The most recent nuke feat is the Spear Storm in which it is a small cluster of Rebar appears from the sky, the first hits dead center and the rest follow suit making it so anyone who was hit but the first one immediately get hits by the second and third waves. So the pattern is a small circle that rapidly gets wider.

I would love if the Arrow Storm burned victims caught in it like how Aramusha's Fire Arrow burn people for additional damage. You could also make it burn the ground similar to fire flask. Or you could change the pattern of Arrow Storm to make it more useful, you could have the Archers make a circle of Fire Arrows, trapping players or have all the Arrows come out at once and anyone caught in it range is riddled with arrows, either the arrows outright kill them or if it doesn't kill them, those who survived the volley are pinned in it like Centurion's Pugio and Gladiator's Boleadoras. Or you can simply speed up the Feat and make the Archers shoot faster.

I don't know who operates the Knights' Catapult and who throws the Highlander Spears but they can't be Human while the Samurais get the archers from the Dominion cut scenes, by the time the last wave of arrows hits the ground the combat has moved somewhere else.

GayForShugoki
10-07-2018, 02:36 AM
https://gph.is/2zW2Ejo

High-quality feat.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-07-2018, 02:46 AM

High-quality feat.
Exactly!!! It's like the gunnery Philip Ashole from space balls is directing the shots.

DefiledDragon
10-07-2018, 03:15 AM

High-quality feat.

That made me lol.

Helnekromancer
10-07-2018, 04:17 AM

High-quality feat.

Yea that's why I always aim with it, just locking on to someone and pressing it makes it freak out. Like it doesn't know who you are aiming at. Every time i didn't manual aim it it screwed up some way or another.

And the worse part the guys he was aiming at didn't even get hit, they sidesteped it... SIDESTEPED IT.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-08-2018, 05:03 AM
Yea that's why I always aim with it, just locking on to someone and pressing it makes it freak out. Like it doesn't know who you are aiming at. Every time i didn't manual aim it it screwed up some way or another.

And the worse part the guys he was aiming at didn't even get hit, they sidesteped it... SIDESTEPED IT.
If you notice the shugoki tried to back step it but couldn't because of the cutscene.

Sweaty_Sock
10-08-2018, 12:58 PM
It walks forwards... over shoot slighlty and you will kill more than with a catapult...