PDA

View Full Version : Odyseey Crashes... but not on startup

PointyEBT
10-05-2018, 11:52 PM
Hi.

I'm one of the (apparently many) people having issues with Odyssey crashing.

On the first night, it crashed on the screen where I'm supposed to choose between Alexios and Kassandra.

On night two, I got a whole half hour of gameplay before it crashed me out. Juuuust long enough for me to think it was going to be okay.

It does not just crash the game. It takes the entire PC with it. I get a really loud 'vibratey' type sound (like it's trying to play ALL the sound at once), the screen freezes, it flashes out to BSOD, then the computer reboots itself before I can make a note or take a phone snapshot of any error codes. It does not, for some reason, generate an error code in my event log.

Problem is, Origins did (and does) exactly the same thing. Up until Christmas 2017 it ran fine, I got hours of play and it didn't crash before I was ready to stop. Since they did a big update over that period, Origins has crashed at random times. One night I spent two hours playing in five minute chunks before I gave up. I've not tried to play Origins since about February this year, and have yet to finish it. :(

My specs are:
AMD FX 8320 eight-core
Radeon R9 280X (Dual)
8GB RAM
Running on Win 7 64 bit (don't judge me!)

GFX drivers are up to date, and I've not changed any of the crossfire settings because I'm not sure what any of them mean.

Zhilara
10-06-2018, 01:55 AM
You are not alone. The BSoD completely freaked me out thinking my PC took a dump. After extensive testing and troubleshooting I've come to the conclusion that only Odyssey causes this and I'm running FX8350 and RX580 8gb. Heard about the spec update about the AVX but mine supports that as well. Error code in BSoD is the Whea_uncorrectable_error.
I submitted a ticket but given the amount of issues already blown up on the forums I really don't expect an answer from them today.

XS7UX
10-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Yeah glad ive found this thread, my PC does exact same freeze, have to quickly push restart as it sounds pretty bad. I thought id found a fix as I rolled back 2 drivers on Nvidia & I played around 4 hours. Then all of a sudden it went again.

Yewho
10-13-2018, 07:46 PM
got any news from the support ? got the same problem with the radeon R9 380 and amd FX 6300