PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to fix the cancer that is premade groups in random matches causing rage quits.

HerrNein
10-05-2018, 11:26 PM
So, I think the answer to this is rather simple and one that most would be able to get behind (and one that would encourage premades to try throwing themselves at each other).

Premades should get normal rewards in matches where they are put against entirely random groups while the other team of total randoms can get a large one depending on how many were in the premade to start (scaling on basis of 2-4) in return for being forced to endure a group of toxic players deathstacking the entire match.

Now, to add to it, I will say normal for one specific reason. You can have the same rules apply to the premades when they go against other premades. Essentially, make it more fun for the two premade sides to have at each other by way of making it so that a 4v4 of premades gives each on that team the same loot as a random who had to go against the premade of 4. Could even elaborate on it by having a sort of 'premades only' game mode (like with player vs AI) so that said premades would be able to enjoy it more reliably and heckle those without a group less.

papa_joseph1
10-05-2018, 11:33 PM
This is a chronic problem with all games of this type that allow premade groups to fight against randoms, problem is if they let MM just wait for two equal premades would cause it to sit there waiting forever because it's not just matching one player's skill, but 2-4 of them at once, and as much as For Honor has come back from the dead, it's player count is not really high enough to allow this.

And it's not really fair to punish people for playing with their friends, regardless of the reasoning.

But i agree, Premades can and do ruin random matches, it's not like BattleField where four guys barely makes a difference, in For honor each player matters and if those four people can communicate, it makes them unstoppable, if Ubi implemented better teamwork systems and commands, that might help, but i find it unlikely.

But in the end of the day, as it stands 4V4 modes suck, they just do, it's why i stopped playing For Honor till Marching Fire drops, the new mode kinda puts a hamper on deathballing.

HerrNein
10-05-2018, 11:40 PM
What I explained above though isn't really punishing them for playing their friends. It's giving bonus rewards for other players who aren't with their friends but having to tolerate the 100% of the time toxic groups who deathstack, spam emotes and usually spam insults in chat when they get called out for their cancerous style of play.

Is it really much of a punishment for the premades when you give the other team, say, 300 steel (just as an example) for a match as opposed to the normal 50 because they had to go against a 4 man premade? Is it really a punishment when you give that same premade group that same 300 steel reward when they themselves go against another premade?

UbiInsulin
10-05-2018, 11:58 PM
What I explained above though isn't really punishing them for playing their friends. It's giving bonus rewards for other players who aren't with their friends but having to tolerate the 100% of the time toxic groups who deathstack, spam emotes and usually spam insults in chat when they get called out for their cancerous style of play.

Is it really much of a punishment for the premades when you give the other team, say, 300 steel (just as an example) for a match as opposed to the normal 50 because they had to go against a 4 man premade? Is it really a punishment when you give that same premade group that same 300 steel reward when they themselves go against another premade?

If you get more rewards for playing by yourself, it does disincentivize playing with your friends to some extent. I understand you're concerned with the fairness of facing a premade group, and I see other people bringing this topic up, so I'll let the team know there's still concern about this.

HerrNein
10-06-2018, 12:07 AM
Well, my thought was to add incentive for the solo players to stick around even if they are in a premade. Mostly a manner of 'Yeah, you're probably going to have a really bad time, but there is a better reason to stick it out and come out the other end."

The idea of premade vs premade though getting beefier rewards I figured would be a incentive to get the premades to actually want to seek out each other more often to rumble. Basically, a way to, and as bad as this analogy might be, get the wolves go for a t-bone steak instead of small potatoes.

YonDrako
10-07-2018, 11:10 AM
Just one solution to resolve this cancer

Map are too short and people conquer and mass move to other point.
Much player have team , but many other not, and they call pvp.

The system must be changed , for exaple to gain point on a conquered spot team must leave at last one player or the gain is reduct to zero.
This can be a solution of ganking 4vs1.

SicKno86
10-07-2018, 01:23 PM
In all honesty the problem is the solo players themselves lacking both skill and intelligence. I come across premades allot and while some are extremely good, most are just "decent" I can hold my own in 1v1 fights and i simply RUN when outnumbered. My random teammates though? They just keep running into 1v4's or 1v3's at Zone A even if we don't have B or C . The only reason they get atleast a few takedowns is because im the one luring in one or two enemy players from A to C and B.

A team of solo players with atleast a good understanding of the mechanics can hold their own against a premade team. Unfortunately most of these solo players are terrible. You know, the kind of players who are trying to interupt, uninteruptable attacks by spamming attacks in panic after the enemy player triggers revenge. The ones that hit you in the back after you threw an enemy into a wall, the ones who are trying to get that gank kill and completely ignore the teammate who needs reviving etc, etc.

Then they ragequit, get no XP, no gear and will probably get stomped again the next match. The problem here is MMR. These players should be placed in other lobbies and not against players with a better understanding of the game (premade or not) but that's probably impossible because of the playercount.

Specialkha
10-07-2018, 02:26 PM
If you get more rewards for playing by yourself, it does disincentivize playing with your friends to some extent. I understand you're concerned with the fairness of facing a premade group, and I see other people bringing this topic up, so I'll let the team know there's still concern about this.

Maybe Ubisoft should have not made all those wrong decisions and patchs faster the game so the playerbase would have been larger so you would not force premade vs pugs groups.