PDA

View Full Version : High latency aura of lag

Goat_of_Vermund
10-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I don't understand why players with good connection are punished when playing against players with bad latency. A few days ago, I faced a valk in dominion doing nothing, but light spam, which is fine on it's own, but her latency was about 200. I could literally only see her entire light chain when the third one hit me. I killed her, started an execution, and I suddenly see I was supdodge pinned and my last two hits never connected. I stare at her from 10 meters, and suddenly she is in my face, guardbroken. And it's only against high latency players.

Please, do something with this problem. Thank you!

Kliftheone
10-05-2018, 09:38 PM
I`m sorry to say that this has been an issue for over 1.5 years and it is probably something we will just have to learn to live with even though it is one worst thing about this game, I hate this so much that it alone has made me take so many breaks from this game, and a lot of my friends gave up on FH because of this. In EU this problem is so frequent at certain MMR's that 75% of everyone I`ve played with has quit because of this.

Now, I personally have written several posts about this on here, Reddit, Twitter and given several examples. Yesterday I got a response from Damien again on this matter.

"It’s something we started looking back at since your last message. It’s not an easy fix, to be honest. We want players to be able to play, we want as well the best experience possible for everyone, then add the matchmaking parameters on top of that and it’s getting pretty tricky"

So this will most likely never see a fix, but if we ever get it I would not hold my breath. expect at least 12-18 months.