PDA

View Full Version : HDR woes - PC version

MOBO-MAN
10-05-2018, 12:35 PM
I've been fiddling with this for 1.5 hour. I know my stuff, I have a proper hdr TV with the right settings and every other hdr game I've tried worked great. HDR in this game gets activated successfully, but it's impossible to set up right. Just by putting in my TV's max luminance as the games asks, everything gets bloomed to hell losing all detail and looking super unnatural. I've tried all kinds of values and combinations with all 3 brightness settings but I just couldn't get a correct image. Any advice?

Jeracan
10-05-2018, 12:59 PM
What I did in the new Tomb Raider, was manualy activating HDR & WCG in the "screen settings". Your screen will look "dimmed" down but just start the game. It worked fine for me. But you also need to adjust the HDR settings ingame, obviously :P

MOBO-MAN
10-05-2018, 11:09 PM
What I did in the new Tomb Raider, was manualy activating HDR & WCG in the "screen settings". Your screen will look "dimmed" down but just start the game. It worked fine for me. But you also need to adjust the HDR settings ingame, obviously :P

I know about this man, it doesn't change anything. As I said, hdr gets activated fine, but it's impossible to configure it even remotely correct.

Jeracan
10-05-2018, 11:30 PM
Sorry to hear that :( I got it to work without any issues compared to Origins. Game looks breathtaking with hdr so hope you get it to work.

MOBO-MAN
10-06-2018, 12:07 AM
MOTHER****ING afterburner was causing the problem, turning it off fixed this.