PDA

View Full Version : Merciful Gods quest bugged?

Teo-McDohl
10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Before finishing the Hungry Gods quest I had looted the treasure chest in the cave, then after accepting the Merciful Gods quest it says to get the bandit's treasure, which is the chest in the cave that I already looted. Because of that I can't trigger the quest to move to the next part.

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there any way to fix it?

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-05-2018, 02:13 PM
Hey,

Can you send me some footage of where the mission is asking you to go and what you are trying to loot?

The info I have says to travel to Sami, find the woman's home and investigate the house (investigate the broken cart and baskets). It's been a while since I did this mission so I forget exactly which one it is.

Teo-McDohl
10-05-2018, 07:11 PM
This is not my footage, but here's a video of the exact point I am at and can't do with this quest.

https://youtu.be/SRCwfrBjwVI?t=324
The chest at 5:24 in the video is already looted in my playthrough so I can't go from get the bandits treasure to investigate the woman's home.

I'm stuck at get the treasure.

BigBabyDuke
10-06-2018, 06:25 AM
During the Hungry Gods quest I looted the chest that contains the "Looted Offerings" quest item and received the quest item. Returning to turn in the Hungry Gods quest triggers the Merciful Gods quest. I choose the "I hear your prayer" dialogue and the quest directs me to "get the bandits treasure" Which I have already done, but the quest item is no longer present and I am not able to loot the chest a second time. I even went to the lady's house to see if I could progress the quest as if I still had the item, but the options to investigate were not present.

Ubi-Holz
10-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Have you checked to see if there's any other chests in the area or does it point exactly to the one you already looted? If it's already been looted, it should skip that step and move to the next one so I'm not sure why that's not occurred for you guys.

Thank you

BigBabyDuke
10-06-2018, 03:57 PM
Have you checked to see if there's any other chests in the area or does it point exactly to the one you already looted? If it's already been looted, it should skip that step and move to the next one so I'm not sure why that's not occurred for you guys.

The quest does not specify and area to "get the bandits treasure" from on the HUD/map. However I checked the area where the bandits were many times and watched a walkthrough of the quest on YouTube (https://youtu.be/c3D7CKr3hQM?t=368). The chest that the quest item is located in is already looted, but the quest has not moved on. Like I mention in my previous post, I did obtain the "Looted Offerings" quest item from that chest while working on Hungry Gods. I believe when I started the Merciful Gods quest that errantly triggered the quest item to be removed from my inventory, because it is no longer present.

Ubi-Holz
10-07-2018, 08:41 AM
Could you get a screenshot of the chest that's already been looted and the quest in your log?

That will help the team to look into this.