PDA

View Full Version : High ping in games

Syn.ASUR
10-05-2018, 03:24 AM
HI,
so i am facing this issue, which never happened before. Most games i get now are of 90+ ping meaning i get 90+ ping in most games, while i get 50< in few games. This issue i am not able to understand is from my side or ubi?

anyone else facing the same issue? as on 90+ ping the game puts you at a disadvantage especially players that spam light, since its isnt about reacting rather predicting. If it is on my side can anyone help me fix it. I tried the whole connectivity instructions suggested by UBI, nothing changed

Kliftheone
10-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Depending on where you live my blank guess is that you are getting 50ms when queueing with the closest server, and due to low activity or queueing with a friend from a different region you get to the other server which is a bit farther away.

To clarify, I live in EU Norway, I am ish equal distance from both EU servers and hench I get an almost identical ping on these (30-32) and (32-34). If you live in outer parts of Europe or if you live in NA you can easily connect to servers that are further away which then again rewards you with a higher ping.

Things you could do just to check is to make sure you use LAN cable, check that your internet is working properly (UP/DN). If nothing of this makes any sense, I would recommend contacting Ubisoft support and getting help with the issue.

Syn.ASUR
10-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Depending on where you live my blank guess is that you are getting 50ms when queueing with the closest server, and due to low activity or queueing with a friend from a different region you get to the other server which is a bit farther away.

To clarify, I live in EU Norway, I am ish equal distance from both EU servers and hench I get an almost identical ping on these (30-32) and (32-34). If you live in outer parts of Europe or if you live in NA you can easily connect to servers that are further away which then again rewards you with a higher ping.

Things you could do just to check is to make sure you use LAN cable, check that your internet is working properly (UP/DN). If nothing of this makes any sense, I would recommend contacting Ubisoft support and getting help with the issue.

I play solo all the time, use LAN connection,my NAT type is Moderate, since i cannot set data center for connection unlike R6, i am certain that when i connect to singapore data center i get 50 ping as that is the best data center for me, however any other data center wont give me any good ping or good connection.

is it possible to manually set data center?? or check for ping before we start the match?

Their is one more question i have to ask. How server connection is established to a player in 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 espeically in 2v2 and 4v4? is it like we are conneccted to a host who is connected to server or is it direct interaction with the server?

Kliftheone
10-05-2018, 09:29 PM
I`m sorry I can`t answer your question simply because I don`t know. But unless the matchmaking queue takes a very long time or you queue with people from a different region you should not get onto servers where your ping is that high, or rather that bad when there is a better one nearby. I would recommend that you contact support so they may fix if you live in an area which is problematic and they can force switch your area too one server.

But, they have at least on the warrior's den said you can`t choose servers on your own. However, the workaround would be to use VPN on PC.