PDA

View Full Version : Good and bad

nzodcs
11-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Just been playing this for a week now, and have a couple of interesting items to note, as I can`t see them mentioned already.

1) Bad: During the academy convoy section, the armed trawler eventually started shooting up the destroyer - and sinking it! This hapenned twice in a row.

2) Good: When I eventually started the career, I spotted a small merchant in heavy seas that proceeded to sink of it's own accord as I was lining up! I had noticed it was shipping a lot of water earlier, but I was pleasantly suprised by this hapenning... can`t wait to see what other interesting AI turns up!

nzodcs
11-20-2005, 05:37 AM
Just been playing this for a week now, and have a couple of interesting items to note, as I can`t see them mentioned already.

1) Bad: During the academy convoy section, the armed trawler eventually started shooting up the destroyer - and sinking it! This hapenned twice in a row.

2) Good: When I eventually started the career, I spotted a small merchant in heavy seas that proceeded to sink of it's own accord as I was lining up! I had noticed it was shipping a lot of water earlier, but I was pleasantly suprised by this hapenning... can`t wait to see what other interesting AI turns up!

WilhelmSchulz
11-20-2005, 07:53 AM
you will notce sevral other bugs in this game so stay alert.

JU88
11-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Both the things you mentioned were found and fixed a long time ago now, download and install patch 1.4, I also strongly recomend installing the Mod IUB, it will improve the game so much you wont ever want to go back to the 'stock' game. word of warning- make sure your latest saved game is a save between patrols (in port) when installing any mod, or else you might screw up your career.

nzodcs
11-21-2005, 04:33 AM
I already had 1.4 installed when these things hapenned. I am intrigued by these mods though - will check them out.

Schiffmorder
11-21-2005, 05:03 AM
I wouldnt call a small ship sinking in heavy seas a bug. Thats the reality of the merchant world and to this day happens often enough. To me thats just another cool thing about this game.

nzodcs
11-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Yea, right - I thought the small ship sinking was a good thing - I also saw a plane flying overhead recently, already ablaze from some other encounter. These are things I think will add even more longevity to the game. Is there a thread somewhere for unusual hapennings/sightings?