PDA

View Full Version : Controller issues

scorchio75
10-03-2018, 03:10 AM
I'm experiening issues wth gamepads - the video below shows the controller issues - although I'm also experiencing random crashes, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJABrHoCBI

00:15 - Flickering of "Press [?] to start" as it tries to make up its mind between gamepad or keyboard
00:25 - Flickering of pointer as it tries to make up its mind between gamepad or mouse (Note: Mouse input doesn't actually work)
00:30 - Flickering between LB/RB and Q/E as it tries to make up its mind between gamepad or keyboard
00:36 - The menu rebounds when the right stick is released making it very difficult to select options
01:11 - Rapid flckering of "Cycle hints" as it tries to make up its mind between gamepad or keyboard
01:30 - Camera constantly acts as if there's a backwards input on the right stick, pointing the camera to the sky. When correcting this, letting go of the right stick defaults back to the skyward view.
01:49 - Rapid flckering of "Quit to Desktop" options as it tries to make up its mind between gamepad or keyboard

I've verified files, moved the install folder and reverified, deleted and re-downloaded the game and tried this with both a wired 360 controller and a Bluetooth Xbox One controller - and so far I'm still experiencing the same issues.

Any ideas?

GammaOgre
10-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Same problem. I checked that there were no other controllers plugged in, manually killed a couple of services to make sure, uninstalled vJoy drivers, restarted, etc. All the other information I see online says that there aren't any controller issues, so I'd really like to hear back from someone who can answer this.

Loki2643
10-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Have you tried to unplug or turn off your mice and keyboards after starting the game? Perhaps there's a - let's call it - rogue signal from either of them, which would make the game react as if you decided to use them instead of the controller. Let's say the keyboard sends for no (known) reason the signal of a key not bound to anything within the game, it would do nothing but freak out the system… If unplugging one of them does the trick, you can further investigate the problem ...