PDA

View Full Version : Highlander

The_Wanderer_I
10-03-2018, 02:07 AM
He needs hyperarmor in while in offensive form. Countless times while Iím fighting assassins is their ability to poke me out of it over and over due to their quick attacks. He needs to be able to fight them somehow

DefiledDragon
10-03-2018, 02:16 AM
Nah, he would be way OP with HA in offensive form in my opinion. I know how annoying it is to be poked out of OF as soon as you enter it, but you need to choose carefully when to go into offensive form and when you're in it, be offensive, that's what it's for. His kick-grab soft feint is awesome, he has superfast lights in OF and his UB heavies come out really quickly too. To add HA on top of all that would make him ridiculous. It's not like he's weak in defensive form, he has HA on his heavies and his second light, superior block lights in any direction, celtic curse with soft feint and HA. He's a beast.

Siegfried-Z
10-03-2018, 10:16 AM
OMG hell no never.

HA in offensive stance ? crazy.

HL is already broken with HA on any defensive stance mooves, can spam UB in offensive stance, has the most broken 50/50, offensive lights absolutly ridiculous, amazing range, HUGE DMG he is a 3 shots killer ... Has sup block of 30 DMG and chain with offensive mix-up in any direction..

No, HL doesn't need anything except a DMG nerf

Brutal_DaDo
10-03-2018, 10:53 AM
I think that in oder to make highlander viable and scary he needs something like shugoki that when heís in critical health he can one shot you with an offensive heavy, of course having HA on.
Just joking dude, sure itís annoying when they pole you out of the offensive stance but HA on that itís just a little too much

Klingentaenz3r
10-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Yeah. Highlander does not need HA in OF stance indeed. You got it on the defensive form. Utilize that. If they reliably go for hitting you out of OF then use it as a bait to get some nice parries or crushing counter by quick canceling after entering (you can also emote or feint Balor's Might). When you can do that you will see that you will have reached quite a new level of play with your highlander. An alternative would be: use the 400 ms side lights to interrupt their attacks or just quickly dodge immediately after entering the offensive stance to dodge interrupting lights and punish accordingly.

GL HF

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Hyper armoured kick/grab leading into a 40+ damage heavy? Yeah, sounds balanced. Do it Ubisoft. While your at it remove Lawbringers parry punishes and remove all his chains.

retrobacon74
10-03-2018, 01:53 PM
kick soft fiegn into grab awesome? more like broken.

bannex19
10-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Give him bleeds and the shaman pounce self heal too.

DefiledDragon
10-04-2018, 10:06 AM
kick soft fiegn into grab awesome? more like broken.

By "awesome" I mean for the HL, not his opponent.

dreadnauta
10-04-2018, 12:24 PM
I love HL, and i am almost r10 with him. And i do think that the feint grab is a good thing for him it saves him from a lot of trouble when fighting fast characters like assassins. If that is removed however i think he is going to drop from A tier to B and the reason being is: he is REAAAAAALY slow. Now i don't mind the 50/50 to be removed IF his movement and attacks speed and HP are increased. He is utterly useless against fast spam, the moment someone like Orochi, Valk and Nobushi get to him and start fast spamming he is done for, fast spams are ALMOST impossible to counter with him. His guards switching is really slow compared to most characters, and it really FREAKS me out that he is slower that Lawbringer. Being slower than a full-plate heavily armored guy is not a good design for a guy who wears leather and fur.

NHLGoldenKnight
10-05-2018, 06:47 PM
HL is one of my top 3 heroescI play, but God he often feels OP, speaking from 4v4 experience. His offensive form is too strong the way it is, and any further buff would result in him being completely op. Even now, he has too much ha and unblockables going on for him, plus his kick and grab are probably best combo of that kind in a game. So many times, players dodge my kick but grab has excellent tracking which gives me grab and then I just smash them into ground. Lol

UbiInsulin
10-05-2018, 07:02 PM
I think, by and large, that I see more people worrying about Offensive Stance being powerful at the moment.

Do you guys have any match-up tips for HLs having issues with Assassins, like OP?

dreadnauta
10-05-2018, 07:24 PM
I am having a lot of issues facing assassins when i play HL, as some have stated his damage is strong in OS but the moment i am engaged by assassins things can get really out of hand. I have difficulties parrying and blocking against assassin fast spams, even when facing a level 3 bot that is playing an assassin in training room.

I swear even when i face the right way against an attack it goes right trough, the other time is just a guessing game for me atleast when facing assassins. But my main issue that HL is slow in movement speed and that he is the same hight as most assassins he kinda feels like a really slow midget.

Siegfried-Z
10-05-2018, 07:46 PM
I think, by and large, that I see more people worrying about Offensive Stance being powerful at the moment.

Do you guys have any match-up tips for HLs having issues with Assassins, like OP?

Currently HL is in a very good spot and in 4V4 his OF stance is damn strong and his 50/50 insane.

For player having troubles with him against assassins.. well, blokcing spam is not harder with HL than any others char first.

But in terms of Gameplay, i owuld recommend to smartly feint some UB for sup block or parry dash attack, or to use a OF lights to prevent spam and dash. Or against very agressive assassins, smartly use HL HA. As he does huge dmg, you always gonna be the winner threading with someone.

That's only basic advices as i am not playing HL. But i've faced some HL which where litterally destroying everyone, assassins or not. In the right hand he is really really strong, but he requires works to be good with.

dreadnauta
10-05-2018, 08:14 PM
Can anyone else confirm this: Heavy attacks in defensive stance are interruptable by normal attacks. I have noticed when i do my heavy attacks that they are easily interrupted by the 1st fast attack.

DefiledDragon
10-05-2018, 11:59 PM
The only issue I have with HL is this one. Hopefully it will be patched in the next release...

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/42127547_10156749369919772_2149952416676577280_o.j pg?_nc_cat=104&oh=7cbcaec2ce63c21b266d577f49dfc994&oe=5C609D58

Siegfried-Z
10-06-2018, 12:20 PM
Can anyone else confirm this: Heavy attacks in defensive stance are interruptable by normal attacks. I have noticed when i do my heavy attacks that they are easily interrupted by the 1st fast attack.

You've got HA on every mooves in def stance so yes that's sure.
But as every HA mooves, their is a small window at the begennings of the attacks where you can interrupt it before HA is activated.
Just be carefull about that But this is really a small window

teddy0teddy
10-06-2018, 04:18 PM
I love HL, and i am almost r10 with him. And i do think that the feint grab is a good thing for him it saves him from a lot of trouble when fighting fast characters like assassins. If that is removed however i think he is going to drop from A tier to B and the reason being is: he is REAAAAAALY slow. Now i don't mind the 50/50 to be removed IF his movement and attacks speed and HP are increased. He is utterly useless against fast spam, the moment someone like Orochi, Valk and Nobushi get to him and start fast spamming he is done for, fast spams are ALMOST impossible to counter with him. His guards switching is really slow compared to most characters, and it really FREAKS me out that he is slower that Lawbringer. Being slower than a full-plate heavily armored guy is not a good design for a guy who wears leather and fur.

Before his update he was just fine so long as you understood what he could do, right now with the kick grab he is ridiculous. I donít think he would suffer all that much from having his kick grab nerfed even if they nerfed it back to what it was at release. His other abilities have become so good compared to before that he should be able to still handle everything so long as you play smart which should be his playatyle since he is defined as a Technical Fighter. And finally, his slow speed is because of his huge claymore and not his armour, he has also been compensated fairy well for his slow speed by having insane damage numbers.

dreadnauta
10-06-2018, 05:02 PM
I can somewhat agree to the point you have point out sir, but i refuse to belive that HL is slow because of the claymore, claymore weight maximum 3kg. This should not be a factor for him to be slow.

Specialkha
10-06-2018, 06:13 PM
A claymore weights around 3kg, but the one of the HL is a bit larger than a simple claymore.

And anyway Gameplay> reality. It is not like the HL is one of the best hero currently.

If you are bad with it, it is on you.

dreadnauta
10-06-2018, 06:43 PM
I am not pro with HL but i am not bad, i find it stupid that he is slower that a full-plate guy, it's just ridiculous, i do think that he should be as fast or faster than LB.