PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Glitches

T3RMIN8ER
10-02-2018, 04:38 AM
So far I'm on the first mission and the game is stuttering badly. It's like someone is pushing a play/pause button repeatedly. Some characters are appearing with only the bottom half showing and when you go near them they disappear. Is anyone else having these glitches

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Hey,

Thanks for reporting this to us. What i'd recommend to do is rebuild your PS4 database for starters by following these steps:

If you turn off the console, then turn it back on by holding the power button on the console until you hear two beeps, it will open in the safe mode menu and you can select rebuild database there.

If you still experience this issue afterwards, please try to reinstall the game completely and let us know if this issue persists

OHpsm
10-02-2018, 10:02 AM
I've been playing from 1am gmt it is now 10 am gmt and have run into all these problems i have done all the steps you have asked t3rmin8er to do including reinstalling with no actual effect on stuttering or half body glitches it seems to happen when it's trying to load textures and npcs all at once when you have been in an area for at least 5 mins. I'm running it on the ps4 pro btw

The-Crises
10-02-2018, 10:22 AM
Quest giver was accidentally killed by my because he was stuck to the wolf so it failed. The quest name is called A Ship Came Sailing at the beginning of the game. I did not even initiate the quest but it failed me due to the incident. After that, I don't see the quest giver on the map. Any solution to this?

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
I've been playing from 1am gmt it is now 10 am gmt and have run into all these problems i have done all the steps you have asked t3rmin8er to do including reinstalling with no actual effect on stuttering or half body glitches it seems to happen when it's trying to load textures and npcs all at once when you have been in an area for at least 5 mins. I'm running it on the ps4 pro btw

Can you please record some footage of this so I can pass it over to the developers to look into?

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Quest giver was accidentally killed by my because he was stuck to the wolf so it failed. The quest name is called A Ship Came Sailing at the beginning of the game. I did not even initiate the quest but it failed me due to the incident. After that, I don't see the quest giver on the map. Any solution to this?

Unlike the previous games, you can fail certain side quests in Odyssey and that will be the end of the quest line.

You don't get the chance to restart or play them again, however any quests which impact the story you can't fail.

I was surprised when it happened to me too as someone died I was meant to protect and it's a new feature. I'd recommend to keep a lot of save files and revert back to them if you want to play the quests without failing in the future.

The-Crises
10-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Really? Well, that is a sour experience. I just pushed it aside thinking it might respawn later and did not think that I would have use previous saves. Now I'm too far ahead while I was completing the map with exploring and among other things. Thanks for the advice though.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Really? Well, that is a sour experience. I just pushed it aside thinking it might respawn later and did not think that I would have use previous saves. Now I'm too far ahead while I was completing the map with exploring and among other things. Thanks for the advice though.

No worries, I can say that any quest you can fail will usually just be a single one off mission and not lock you out of further quests later on. You will also get some XP once the mission fails for having started it.

Now you are aware it should be easier to work with this going forward at least :)

T3RMIN8ER
10-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Can you please record some footage of this so I can pass it over to the developers to look into?

I am also using a ps4 Pro, is the game developed for enabling of the Boost Mode in the System settings ? Currently mine is disabled. Just wondering if the Boost Mode could solve the issue ?

T3RMIN8ER
10-02-2018, 05:54 PM
I am also using a ps4 Pro, is the game developed for enabling of the Boost Mode in the System settings ? Currently mine is disabled. Just wondering if the Boost Mode could solve the issue ?

The problem starts when you stay idle for 10mins to answer the phone for example.

Also when I go to select a saved video recording it won't open the video or photographs of the game up. I have no issues with other games in the capture gallery.

Shadowless25
10-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Do I need an ability? I can't figure out how to burn the supply crates.

MrsOogit
10-02-2018, 08:59 PM
I've got exactly the same problem. It let me loot it but I can't burn it and there is no fire nearby to light an arrow. The mission is to burn the war materials and this is where it brought me, so I'm mightily confused?

MeLurch
10-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Canít figure out how to burn war supply crates? Has anyone figured it out

MrsOogit
10-02-2018, 09:16 PM
I've found a workaround. I was at Eirena Military Camp and there is no fire here so I went into the main town, lit an arrow in the nearest brazier and ran all the way back and did it.

MrsOogit
10-02-2018, 09:26 PM
OK, solved it. Feel pretty foolish for not realising sooner. Hold right D pad down to bring the torch out. Doh!

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-03-2018, 08:52 AM
Do I need an ability? I can't figure out how to burn the supply crates.

I've got exactly the same problem. It let me loot it but I can't burn it and there is no fire nearby to light an arrow. The mission is to burn the war materials and this is where it brought me, so I'm mightily confused?

Can’t figure out how to burn war supply crates? Has anyone figured it out

Hold right on the D-Pad and you get your torch out, you can then use the standard melee button and you will set them on fire