PDA

View Full Version : Problem with graphics

Johnyshs
10-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Hello, I'm playing game and it looks like this. https://imgur.com/a/JoyMHXN I'm like some beta tester jesus. My PC is GTX 980, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4. The game settings are on high. Nothing changed. And if I change something it's still same.

EDIT: Solved. It was something in nVidia panel so I clicked on default settings and now it looks normal.

Salvatore1911
10-02-2018, 03:32 AM
Off DSR invidia panel in normal graphics return.Ubi fix DSR mode!!!!

Animator_Alex
10-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Yeah I think it's MFAA. It's broken when turned on in this game.

Ubi-Bandicoot
10-02-2018, 09:19 AM
Hello, I'm playing game and it looks like this. https://imgur.com/a/JoyMHXN I'm like some beta tester jesus. My PC is GTX 980, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4. The game settings are on high. Nothing changed. And if I change something it's still same.

EDIT: Solved. It was something in nVidia panel so I clicked on default settings and now it looks normal.

Thanks for letting us know the issue was resolved and how you did it :)

Doctor_Hades
10-02-2018, 01:02 PM
I have the exact same pixellation issue too as can be seen here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/assassins-creed-odyssey.421531/page-5#post-5591086

I do have MFAA and DSR enabled globally in the NVIDIA control panel. Don't see how MFAA could affect the game though considering it doesn't appear to be using MSAA (MFAA only works in conjunction with MSAA as far as I know). DSR could be the offender though as changing the resolution in this game, say, from 2560x1440 (Native) to 1920x1080 results in a smaller image with empty space to the right and bottom rather than a stretched image at the same time.

Not only do I have this IQ issue but the game runs appallingly considering I have a GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB, i7-4770K @ 4.0 GHz, Windows 10 Pro v1809 system. I was playing Origins only minutes before Odyssey unlocked at 2560x1440 maxed out settings and it was running much better plus didn't have the pixellated look. Even if I switch to Low at 2560x1440 the game struggles to hit 55 fps nevermind 60 fps. Yet CPU and GPU usage are around 60% or less, i.e. neither is maxed out.

Really disappointed with the IQ and performance of this game, a real shame because what I did play of the game seems to be superb, potentially better even than Origins (which is my favourite AC game to date... at least for now).

Ravwyn
10-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Nvidia MFAA is not supported AFAIK - it's always either hit or miss. Don't use it, the Medium AA setting in this game produces a very good result (on 1080p with 120 supersampling via in-game settings. I sit very close to a 40" TV =). Whatever High AA is, it's soaking up performance like crazy with diminishing returns.

Miaouche
10-02-2018, 11:12 PM
The issue is that MFAA is enabled by default when you come from older drivers. (i came from 388.x ) , and it is a sin... i had half-res results on my 970gtx... if i hadn't caught the info i would have had to play at severely reduced framerate by setting the scaling at 200% to compensate.
Luckily all ends well...

Ravwyn
10-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Really? Well that's super odd. I'm not calling you anything - honestly, but In YEARS of updating NVIDIA drivers, since my 750 Ti late 2014 - this has never happened once. So I'm not so sure if this really is the case. For me at least it isn't. MFAA is super cool and all, but it's sadly less supported than anything else. Sure you can hijack any MSAA implementation - but it works a bit better if there is support for it out of the box.

Maybe you can use NVIDIA Inspector to see the hidden profile flags, I know that Odyssey has one too. :o

Anyway, glad it's resolved so easily.