PDA

View Full Version : Raising and Lowering Landing Gear on the HellCat

Dr_Zooker
10-30-2004, 02:34 PM
In the training mission or for any mission for that matter, I am unable to raise an lower the landing gear on the Hellcat? Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

Dr_Zooker
10-30-2004, 02:34 PM
In the training mission or for any mission for that matter, I am unable to raise an lower the landing gear on the Hellcat? Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

SkyChimp
10-30-2004, 02:37 PM
The Hellcat? That should raise and lower by pressing "G." If you're actually speaking of the Wildcat, that gear was manual and you have to assign a a key to raise, and a key to lower it.

DrFurberger
10-30-2004, 02:40 PM
This sounds weird but hit your autopilot for
just once and then hopefully the gear will go
up. That's what mine did
Good luck!!

A for autopilot

LC34
10-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Skychimp is right. It sounds like you are flying in the Wildcat, and as he said it doesnt have an automatic gear device. Its manual, meaning the pilot had to use a wheel to lower and raise the gear.

Just go to the controls section, and you will find a manual gear raise and lower (2 seperate). Just map an unused key to both and then you will have to push the button(s) repeatedly to get the gear where you want them.

Fritzofn
10-30-2004, 02:55 PM
hhhmmmmmm....fun to see how many peeps here who, hasent found the search function on the forum yet :-)

Philipscdrw
10-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Nevermind. We can reply and boost the postycount!

Wildcat, Spitfire Mk.1, I-16, and the C-47 (and also a bunch of other planes I cannot recall right now) had manually operated undercarriage that required you to set the gear lever to the desired position (up or down) then pump a handle 100 times to operate the pneumatic system, or to wind a crank that's connected to the undercarriage mechanism.

These early retractable-undercarriage aircraft had no weight to spare on motors for the undercarriage mechanism, so it was retracted by hand.

Dr_Zooker
10-30-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, I really appreciate the help. And as for Fritzofn, I did try to use the Search function on the forums but am not familiar with it and could not get it to be as narrowed as I would have liked.

Again thanks for the help guys!

Jake

Soapy_112th
10-30-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm not sure if this applies to PF, but, even with a plane that has auto gear, having a manual gear extend/retract key comes in handy if your hydraulics take some hits. ( ie sometimes the damage does not allow auto gear use )

TX-WarHawk
10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
BUMP, so more newbies will learn about this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

hobnail
10-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Shift F1 to centre the gunsights on the Japanese planes.