PDA

View Full Version : Mods on vacation?

The_B0G_
09-30-2018, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't normally bring this up because I know how the spam is on the forums, but it's been flooded since thursday with spam, it got cleared once as far as I know.

I guess what I'm asking is, is there any reason it's been so slack the last 4 days on here?

ChampionRuby50g
10-01-2018, 12:47 AM
Ubisoft need money is the reason why. Making new armor is an expensive task.

Ubi-Jimothy
10-01-2018, 10:29 AM
Heyo,

We do what we can but we're not always around. At the weekends, the majority of the time none of us are in the office (we have regular lives too!). Currently, we're working on the spam more generally so that we can automatically remove the posts, as I know it's been getting worse over the past few months.

ChampionRuby50g
10-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Heyo,

We do what we can but we're not always around. At the weekends, the majority of the time none of us are in the office (we have regular lives too!). Currently, we're working on the spam more generally so that we can automatically remove the posts, as I know it's been getting worse over the past few months.

Itís not the past few months mate, theyíve been great compared to what we had all through last year. And itís not just been this weekend (I get that you guys arenít on the clock 24/7), but itís been this whole last week up to last weekend when the spams been OP. I havenít seen it this bad since last year, so somethingís clearly changed. Either way, itís good to hear thereís an automated system been worked on.

Ubi-Jimothy
10-01-2018, 11:23 AM
It’s not the past few months mate, they’ve been great compared to what we had all through last year. And it’s not just been this weekend (I get that you guys aren’t on the clock 24/7), but it’s been this whole last week up to last weekend when the spams been OP. I haven’t seen it this bad since last year, so something’s clearly changed. Either way, it’s good to hear there’s an automated system been worked on.

Totally understand the frustration. Basically as they get smarter, we have to work harder to take care of it. We'll do our best though and hopefully get on top of it!

Roseguard_Cpt
10-01-2018, 02:40 PM
I know on the Bungie forums they have "Ninjas" or community members who help act as volunteer mods. They flag spam and what not and can get posts removed. Maybe offer making some of the more active people here "Honor-Guards" who can flag spam threads which then get brought to mod attention for easy clearing. Just a thought.

beerbariandh
10-01-2018, 03:05 PM
I know on the Bungie forums they have "Ninjas" or community members who help act as volunteer mods. They flag spam and what not and can get posts removed. Maybe offer making some of the more active people here "Honor-Guards" who can flag spam threads which then get brought to mod attention for easy clearing. Just a thought.

that is a great idea Roseguard. But I would bet it wont happen. Candle would be perfect for it, wouldn't abuse it like they would worry about.