PDA

View Full Version : I'm quitting until this game is fixed

ShadowMaster795
09-30-2018, 05:00 AM
I know that there are people that are just going to tell me to "Git Gud" but this game is constantly pushing my buttons with the major unbalance in this game. To me this game no longer takes skill to play, and to be completely honest I don't think it ever did. FOR HONOR has proven to be a complete guessing game and nothing else. You got conqs SB spam, you got Highlanders 50/50, you got assassin light spam. and much more. This needs to be fixed because I am getting so tired of loosing my duels just because I guess wrong. And I know that people that spend thousands of hours on this game have no problem with any of these issues but a casual player, like me, are not gods. I usually pick this game up for an hour or two a day and there are times where I don't play it all, so I don't really play it that much. I've read the devs view on what they think on the balancing on this game and I truly believe that they don't give a **** about the community. They are clearly many problems with this game and all the devs care about are adding new ****ing heroes and over priced cosmetic items. Please for the love of god fix this game. All it does is pisses me off. A lot of you might not agree with this but I know that there are people that do see that there is WAY to much guessing involved in this game instead of actual skill. We need to do something as a community to fix this cause it's not getting any better.

SnizzyWizzy
09-30-2018, 09:06 AM
I do agree with some stuff here but not all. Overall the game is good but I'm pretty fed up with how long it takes to actually balance the unbalanced heroes. The conc kinda sums it all up. Ubi basically says we're ok having a broken character in the game and thats not really sitting well with me. For the first time in a long time Im actually considering not buying marching fire and maybe even taking a break from the game. :/ sad, but I can't deal with broken *** moves like the conc has and its been proven that Ubi isn't going to listen to the community and fix this hero or any others.

The_B0G_
09-30-2018, 02:08 PM
If it wasn't for arcade mode coming, I probably would be saying something similar. That is probably going to be what I play from now on, along with a few siege matches here and there.

I'm not happy with the direction the balances are goin either. They won't nerf the strongest characters, because they are meant to compete with other characters once they too are reworked and I get that, but the problem is that it takes wayyy too long to rework characters, so the good reworks reign supreme for months before even 1 character is brought up to that level.

I think it just comes down to the dev team being too small, they can't work fast enough to balance in a reasonable time frame character to character. Most of the reworks have been good so far, they're too good is the problem, everyone else is being left in the dust.

guest-Nez6tBu0
09-30-2018, 06:05 PM
I don`t think this game is for casual players honestly....it is like old days where we played Mortal Kombat on local network or split screen. There was always one that was kicking asses no matter what character he picked. To beat him u have to practice, practice and again practice. Imagine any kind of sport, stepping into Boxing ring against person who spends 8 hours a day training vs you only watching videos how to fight. what do you think will happen?

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
09-30-2018, 07:41 PM
I don`t think this game is for casual players honestly....it is like old days where we played Mortal Kombat on local network or split screen. There was always one that was kicking asses no matter what character he picked. To beat him u have to practice, practice and again practice. Imagine any kind of sport, stepping into Boxing ring against person who spends 8 hours a day training vs you only watching videos how to fight. what do you think will happen?

I think it depends on what character you and your opponent pick on console.

The_B0G_
09-30-2018, 07:49 PM

Difficulty is one thing, but when you have to guess constantly in order to defend because there is no time to react, that's just a toxic game direction to go in, in my opinion.

dinosaurlicker
09-30-2018, 08:55 PM
You'll be back soon. See you in a bit.

Lol funny, this game will NEVER be balanced. The balance team is horrible

IRostiI
09-30-2018, 09:13 PM

Nothing happen because you will never see a match between a pro boxer vs amateur, heavy weight vs welter, etc, and for a good reason.
If the game match an average player vs pro player there is some problem with the matchmaking.

Difficulty is one thing, but when you have to guess constantly in order to defend because there is no time to react, that's just a toxic game direction to go in, in my opinion.

I agree. After they released the ******ed shaman they have leveled all rework in this direction.
Actually is just an annoying guessing game with a ridiculous spam of soft feint, heavy feint, fast attack and whatever.

Honestly is not so fun play it anymore. The turtle "problem" was way better than all problems the game have right now.

And i don't understand if they have some netcode problem with the server because i'm pretty sure i was better to parry when the game was p2p. Actually... depends. Some day look like i'm not able to parry anything.

Charmzzz
09-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Honestly is not so fun play it anymore. The turtle "problem" was way better than all problems the game have right now.

And i don't understand if they have some netcode problem with the server because i'm pretty sure i was better to parry when the game was p2p. Actually... depends. Some day look like i'm not able to parry anything.

Oh god, no. No no no! Full Turtle Meta was a pain, it was hundreds of parry -> GB -> ledge. It wasnt fighting, it was staring and waiting for that one parry...

And also a big No No to "it was better with P2P". It wasnt. It was dropped Matches all over the place.

IRostiI
09-30-2018, 11:34 PM
So in your opinion this is a good way for fix the full turtle?
I don't think so. Now the game have more issue than before and if people want to go in full turtle can go in full turtle anyway.

And what mean wasn't a fighting game? Was more "medieval fight" before than now with all this ridiculous feint sistem with, in some case, ballerina and delayed unnatural animation for confuse people.

If they wanted to fix the turtle meta they are doing it in the worse way possible, and the funny thing is that turtle is still there.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-01-2018, 01:02 AM
I don't mind the feinting as much as the free hit crap. I don't like that nothing including blocking on console beats light spam. Vals shield tackle was a good demonstration of how this game could have been good.

Assasins... Light spam, counter ability at distance to close gap (like a slide not a counter attack)

Vanguards... Wardens new vortex type abilities, distant attacks

Heavies.... Shieldtackle

No hybrids. Just variations of the same mechanics. Boring but balanced. Everyone gets the same health and running speed. Everyone gets the same guard. In general an assassin can beat a vanguard. A vanguard can beat a heavy, a heavy can beat an assassin. You can switch in game upon death to any character.
No it's not actually light medium heavy anymore but it's more like smg, assault rifle, and shotgun...distance should matter.
Assasin...orochi but with a slide move that being him in close upon a dodge
Vanguard... Mix between wardens and shinobi
Heavy... Mix between old Valkyry and shugoki without HA.

Prior_Heahmund
10-01-2018, 01:06 AM
What ever will we do without whats his name in game?!

D3dicatedSrv3rz
10-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Attempting to balance marching fire heroes while still trying to balance the main cast be like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/RkSwAmSLD3N16/giphy.gif

IssaKazuma
10-01-2018, 02:58 AM
I am sure everyone is experiencing latency issues recently. I EXPECT IT TO GET WORSE. Latency has DOUBLED this week. With the impending release of MARCHING FIRE. If this game is still slow I am going to charge back My 100$ that i got from your sale and buying the damn game. I AM AN IDIOT for not thinking this through. Your crap company cannot deliver on anything hahaha what else should I expect..

Charmzzz
10-01-2018, 07:54 AM
I am sure everyone is experiencing latency issues recently. I EXPECT IT TO GET WORSE. Latency has DOUBLED this week. With the impending release of MARCHING FIRE. If this game is still slow I am going to charge back My 100$ that i got from your sale and buying the damn game. I AM AN IDIOT for not thinking this through. Your crap company cannot deliver on anything hahaha what else should I expect..

Playing with constant 15-30 Ping, PC Europe. Nobody complaining that I know of, except you all over the forums. Maybe it is on your side. ^^

Siegfried-Z
10-01-2018, 12:53 PM
In my opinion, things which are making the game a pain are :

MatchMaking : Both team are too often really not "on par"
Revenge : Hopefully the perk system gonna reduce the use of this broken revenge system !
Feats : In my opinion no feats should allow you to kill without fighting.. but at least they are going to nerf feats
Light spam : As a PS4 players, i have to say this is really frustrating to fight against a Spammy Roch

Some broken mooves : Raider zone and stampede are a pain in 4v4 and they are EVERYWHERE in these modes... Also HL 50/50 is really broken

I want to believe Revenge and feats nerf is a good start.. but they really have to find a way to balance things lookings at specific Console and PC issues which are obviously not the same. And, one day, they have to improve their MatchMaking.

Devils-_-legacy
10-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Playing with constant 15-30 Ping, PC Europe. Nobody complaining that I know of, except you all over the forums. Maybe it is on your side. ^^

Tbh I see people exceeding 150 ping rate daily I just leave match during the free leave period

Gianturion
10-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Not true at all. I've seen LOTS of people this week with constant 50 ping and higher playing Orochi and Warden. I'm in Europe and yes,my internet is very good,in case you're wondering,but the lag spikes are awful and they're getting a lot worse recently for some reason. It's sad to see these people talk ****,emote spam and be toxic just because they're abusing an exploit and won't get banned. How this is still a thing is beyond me,check my post if you want some proof,you'll see we're not the only ones experiencing this issue,my team literally said the same thing (and someone from the enemy team too). Also,I still don't understand matchmaking since I'm losing every match against pre made 250 rep squads,while my team is a bunch of rep 20 who afk,leave,play awful or troll (not always,but most of them). This didn't happen during the Open Test so I'm quite hopeful that when Marching Fire comes out it will be better.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
10-01-2018, 04:31 PM
See you soon.

HazelrahFirefly
10-01-2018, 04:37 PM

What an odd thing to say. Please tell, how does one complain if not somewhere you might see it?

DefiledDragon
10-01-2018, 05:29 PM
What an odd thing to say. Please tell, how does one complain if not somewhere you might see it?

I think what Charmzzz is intimating is that perhaps the issue is with the complainants internet rather than the servers in general. If the servers were terrible you would expect performance to be poor across the board, rather than for one or two individuals.

UbiInsulin
10-01-2018, 06:58 PM
I know that there are people that are just going to tell me to "Git Gud" but this game is constantly pushing my buttons with the major unbalance in this game. To me this game no longer takes skill to play, and to be completely honest I don't think it ever did. FOR HONOR has proven to be a complete guessing game and nothing else. You got conqs SB spam, you got Highlanders 50/50, you got assassin light spam. and much more. This needs to be fixed because I am getting so tired of loosing my duels just because I guess wrong. And I know that people that spend thousands of hours on this game have no problem with any of these issues but a casual player, like me, are not gods. I usually pick this game up for an hour or two a day and there are times where I don't play it all, so I don't really play it that much.

We've let the team know that many players have issues with Conq's SB and with light spamming on a very regular basis, and we've also sent them a number of threads re: the HL 50/50. This feedback does factor in. I'm sorry that these moves make the game a frustrating experience.

I've read the devs view on what they think on the balancing on this game and I truly believe that they don't give a **** about the community. They are clearly many problems with this game and all the devs care about are adding new ****ing heroes and over priced cosmetic items.

The cosmetic stuff doesn't impact the fight team's work. The new heroes are a big variable, but they've been tested pretty thoroughly by now. We'll be paying extremely close attention to community feedback once Marching Fire comes out.

Corentin10111
10-01-2018, 07:57 PM
the HL 50/50.

This move is good but you can just roll away from it, the warden shoulder bash should be a priority.

UbiInsulin
10-01-2018, 09:18 PM
This move is good but you can just roll away from it, the warden shoulder bash should be a priority.

Warden SB has also been a recurring theme in our reports.

guest-Nez6tBu0
10-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Nothing happen because you will never see a match between a pro boxer vs amateur, heavy weight vs welter, etc, and for a good reason.
If the game match an average player vs pro player there is some problem with the matchmaking.

I agree. After they released the ******ed shaman they have leveled all rework in this direction.
Actually is just an annoying guessing game with a ridiculous spam of soft feint, heavy feint, fast attack and whatever.

I still don`t think this game is casual friendly, it never happens. well boxer thing was just example, its a sport you have rules, in fight there are no rules. U not fighting 1v2 or 1v4 but in real fight as this in this game, this is happening more than often, fights are not fair! when you 1v2 etc...Yes I agree that there are huge gaps between heroes, and other issues network, bugs etc.... But i was referring to this OPs quote "but a casual player, like me, are not gods", even if this game would be perfectly balanced casual players would be beaten same as these days

SicKno86
10-02-2018, 09:23 AM
The biggest problem for me is matchmakimg balance. I join a game, get stomped by premades with 180 gear score. Finish match with a terrible score, join a different lobby, rinse and repeat until i finally get a decent match against players my own skill level, but they are so far in between that i don't see the point to continue. When it works it's great, but i play a **** ton of other games too. Both multiplayer and singleplayer. I can't dedicate myself to just one game. Plus i think it also has to do with player count. All i see is players with overall higher rep than me. Im always the lowest and i don't think i get put in these lobbies because my "skill" is on par. There just aren't that many people in my MMR playing so they put me in high skill lobbies.

I'll wait for the gear chanes to see i it makes a difference and if not i'll just move on. No biggie. Was playing as a Rep 3 Conq last match against a full 4 man squad all with 180 gear score and i just could not damage anyone. I light combo'd their warden with like 8 hits and a few shoulder bashes and he still had 3 quarters of health left. Then he popped revenge and it was over. Ridiculous.

Charmzzz
10-02-2018, 09:32 AM
The biggest problem for me is matchmakimg balance. I join a game, get stomped by premades with 180 gear score. Finish match with a terrible score, join a different lobby, rinse and repeat until i finally get a decent match against players my own skill level, but they are so far in between that i don't see the point to continue. When it works it's great, but i play a **** ton of other games too. Both multiplayer and singleplayer. I can't dedicate myself to just one game. Plus i think it also has to do with player count. All i see is players with overall higher rep than me. Im always the lowest and i don't think i get put in these lobbies because my "skill" is on par. There just aren't that many people in my MMR playing so they put me in high skill lobbies.

I'll wait for the gear chanes to see i it makes a difference and if not i'll just move on. No biggie. Was playing as a Rep 3 Conq last match against a full 4 man squad all with 180 gear score and i just could not damage anyone. I light combo'd their warden with like 8 hits and a few shoulder bashes and he still had 3 quarters of health left. Then he popped revenge and it was over. Ridiculous.

You are exaggerating quite a bit.
8 Conq Lights = 104 Damage before Gear
Max Defense build (and NOBODY runs that) is ~20% Damage reduction = 80 Damage done
Warden Health = 130

130 - 80 = 50 Health left

50/130 is NOT 3/4.

And if he got Revenge alot earlier than you in a 1v1 it is pretty clear that you spammed your Shield Bash all the time Bro. L2P issue, sorry. You played Conq, the single best Duelist in the game right now.

SicKno86
10-02-2018, 10:31 AM
^ Well then he must have cheated because i 1v1'ed him 3 times in one match and his grey lifebar barely went down after my light chains. Like literally you could barely even see the red damage on his grey bar.

Also, i use shield bash like twice in a chain. So no i didn't spam.

ChampionRuby50g
10-02-2018, 10:40 AM
^ Well then he must have cheated because i 1v1'ed him 3 times in one match and his grey lifebar barely went down after my light chains. Like literally you could barely even see the red damage on his grey bar.

Also, i use shield bash like twice in a chain. So no i didn't spam.

Oh dear, not hackusations now...

Are you sure he didnít block your lights and you just did chip damage? If he got revenge before you In a 1v1, then you obviously did SB too many times, or feed his revenge in other ways. If youíre on console, saying someone cheated just makes you look salty.

SicKno86
10-02-2018, 11:02 AM
^ Im a casual player. I don't get salty over losses. Bored, sure. But not salty. Im just telling you what happened in one of my matches and since someone explained to me how it's impossible to have that much defense even with 180 gear score there's only one other explanation.

Or maybe it was a connection thing. Could be that the damage didn't show up on my screen. Or maybe he blocked on his screen, but not mine. That would explain his revenge gain since i really don't use shield bash all that much. I sometimes don't even hear voice lines or they stop mid sentence for no reason, so i wouldn't be surprised if it was lag or whatever.

Charmzzz
10-02-2018, 12:04 PM
^ Im a casual player. I don't get salty over losses. Bored, sure. But not salty. Im just telling you what happened in one of my matches and since someone explained to me how it's impossible to have that much defense even with 180 gear score there's only one other explanation.

Or maybe it was a connection thing. Could be that the damage didn't show up on my screen. Or maybe he blocked on his screen, but not mine. That would explain his revenge gain since i really don't use shield bash all that much. I sometimes don't even hear voice lines or they stop mid sentence for no reason, so i wouldn't be surprised if it was lag or whatever.

Maybe the Warden just used his healing feat. Cheating on Xbox (where you play) is, afaik, impossible. I still believe you are just exaggerating.

ChampionRuby50g
10-02-2018, 12:06 PM
It is impossible. The closest thing you could get to cheating would be lag switching, but even that isnít easy to do.

SicKno86
10-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Yeah, it could be any number of things.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-02-2018, 10:03 PM
Plank has seen things that can't be unseen. Yea I've seen hacks on Xbox that could not be glitches. A well known example is the skill/character mix hack.
I could list a number of hacks and have before.

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2018, 12:18 AM
Plank has seen things that can't be unseen. Yea I've seen hacks on Xbox that could not be glitches. A well known example is the skill/character mix hack.
I could list a number of hacks and have before.

List them. Iím interested. Also Iíve never heard of the skill/character hack, could you explain it to me?

DefiledDragon
10-03-2018, 01:04 AM
I use vodka hacks to improve my game.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-03-2018, 01:30 AM
List them. Iím interested. Also Iíve never heard of the skill/character hack, could you explain it to me?
The skill/character hack for hack of a better name is the one we're you would see a shugoki running around like a shinobi. I don't know what the real name of this hack is/was but it was prevalent a few months ago.

I've seen a minion hack a few times where the screen would glitchout and minions on one team or another would disappear.

I've seen zone captures where all the enemies are dead.

I've seen teleportation both singular and an entire team.

Ive seen auto block hack once (which is a bit of a long story as to how I know it was most likely a hack and not a bug)

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2018, 03:28 AM
The skill/character hack for hack of a better name is the one we're you would see a shugoki running around like a shinobi. I don't know what the real name of this hack is/was but it was prevalent a few months ago.

I've seen a minion hack a few times where the screen would glitchout and minions on one team or another would disappear.

I've seen zone captures where all the enemies are dead.

I've seen teleportation both singular and an entire team.

Ive seen auto block hack once (which is a bit of a long story as to how I know it was most likely a hack and not a bug)

Personally, I think you are misusing the word ďhackĒ. When I think off someone hacking the game, I think of someone using a 3rd party software to influence the outcome, or modding and messing around with the code.

Skill/character I would consider it to be a bug/exploit that people used, not influenced by 3rd party software.

The minions could simply be a bug, I doubt someone would hack that.

Never seen the zone capture before.

Teleportation could easily be put down to lag/latency.

Auto block id agree as it would be modding, but that isnít possible on Xbox afaik.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-03-2018, 04:07 AM
Personally, I think you are misusing the word ďhackĒ. When I think off someone hacking the game, I think of someone using a 3rd party software to influence the outcome, or modding and messing around with the code.

Skill/character I would consider it to be a bug/exploit that people used, not influenced by 3rd party software.

The minions could simply be a bug, I doubt someone would hack that.

Never seen the zone capture before.

Teleportation could easily be put down to lag/latency.

Auto block id agree as it would be modding, but that isnít possible on Xbox afaik.

Retortic aside I don't care what you make excuses for. You asked me to list them for your interest. I did. Call them what you want. It's easy to be sceptical of things you never experienced.

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2018, 05:38 AM
Retortic aside I don't care what you make excuses for. You asked me to list them for your interest. I did. Call them what you want. It's easy to be sceptical of things you never experienced.

I was interested to know if what you called ďhacksĒ was something that could easily be explained with logic/reason as something wrong with the game, or something that is a result of someone hacking. Itís a fact that half of your list isnít hacking, or could be simply put down to a bug in-game. Iím not making excuses for anything, Iím just telling it how it is.

Fact: Experienced players teleporting, I know they arenít hacking and itís lag. Seen plenty of other players come into the forum and say theyíve seen teleporting players and itís always been put down to lag.

Fact: The character model bug, while an exploit, simply is not the result of a player hacking and has been fixed by Ubisoft. They couldnít do that if it was a hacker.

Fact: Auto block is not possible on Xbox, otherwise you would see a lot more people complaining about it. That is a hack, specific to one platform.

So Iíve expeirenced most of your list. And itís not hacks.

CRIMS0NM0NKEY
10-03-2018, 07:43 AM
Webster dictionary: hack: to gain illegal access to
And just because what you deem as a fact doesn't make it so. What you really wanted was to argue with me.
This reminds me of the "blacks can't be racist" agrument due to them being a oppressed minority. It has no bearing on sentiment so who really cares. It's just an argument based on conjecture that has no real value. So let's just not agree and move on.

ChampionRuby50g
10-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Your chosen definition is very broad, so Iíll post some that are actually related to the discussion.

Taken from dictionary.com

to modify (a computer program or electronic device) or write (a program) in a skillful or clever way
to circumvent security and break into (a network, computer, file, etc.), usually with malicious intent
to break into a network, computer, file, etc., usually with malicious intent.

Taken from the For Honor reddit:

Maintenance incoming to stop the ďcharacter swap glitchĒ
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the "character swap glitch" that some users are currently employing.

So they are calling it a glitch, not a hack. Seems like it is a fact.

Just as you deem it a fact that I only wanted to argue, that doesnít make it so. Because how could you possibly have known I only wanted to argue?

MrBeave
10-03-2018, 05:33 PM
I know that people that spend thousands of hours on this game have no problem with any of these issues but a casual player, like me, are not gods. I usually pick this game up for an hour or two a day and there are times where I don't play it all, so I don't really play it that much. I've read the devs view on what they think on the balancing on this game and I truly believe that they don't give a **** about the community.

Exactly. Same boat. As much as I would love to play FH all day, every day. Life will not allow that. Devs and the community don't seem to care about players who are unable to spend hours upon hours upon hours on the game. "Git Gud" or "leave then" is usually the response and I imagine most of the ps4 base are casuals (especially after the free play deal attracting more noobs). Then when you get justifiably frustrated with the steep learning curve/poor matchmaking/spamming, they call you 'toxic'

Still enjoy the game for the most part, would be way more into it if it didn't have these issues though